• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is the best way to read comics?

• LCS Floppies Weekly

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Physical Trades

Votes: 50 32.7%
  • Digital Issues Weekly

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • Digital Trades

Votes: 44 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I missed this. Marley Zarcones new book is with Mags

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I'm thinking about braving Spider-Geddon. Am I already dead?

What tie-in books should I make sure to check out? Or definitely miss? Here's the list:
Edge of Spider-Geddon
Superior Octopus
Vault of Spiders
Spider-Force
Spider-Girls
Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Spider-Gwen and Spider-Girls are the best books in that list.

Spider-Force starts good and then falls off a cliff.

None of the rest are good.

Spider-Gwen has the epilogue which is also the single best single issue of that entire event.

BY MILES

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

What tie-in books should I make sure to check out? Or definitely miss? Here's the list:
Edge of Spider-Geddon
Superior Octopus
Vault of Spiders
Spider-Force
Spider-Girls
Spider-Gwen is really good.

Superior Octopus is both the book that puts Spider-Geddon in motion and setup for Otto's new status quo.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
How many books is Mags writing?

Oh Shit its Kim & Kim
Morning in America
Calamity Kate
Teenage Wasteland
Sex Death Revolution
Marilyn Manor

There are more books that aren't announced. Probably more DC stuff.

Freezasaurus this is what its about

The new four-issue comic book series from Kim & Kim co-creator Visaggio and Shade the Changing Girl's Zarcone is set in August 1981, when the White House goes dark for 17 days and the President's daughter — accompanied by best friend Abe, who claims to be possessed by Abraham Lincoln — decides to throw the party of the decade, unaware of just what she's unleashing in the process. (Never mind sex and drugs, IDW promises seances, secret passageways and "time-bending mystical romps," to boot.)

In a statement about the series, Visaggio — who describes the series as "the weirdest thing I've ever written in the best way possible, like an apocalypse directed by John Hughes" — said, "We've been trying to capture the feel, the excitement, the energy of the rise of the New Romantics, of the decade that embraced excess and excitement in hugely over-the-top ways, and filled it with chaos and insanity."

mm01page02-page03-embed_2019.jpg

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Oh Shit its Kim & Kim
Morning in America
Calamity Kate
Teenage Wasteland
Sex Death Revolution
Marilyn Manor

She's either planned all in advance to avoid burnout. I hope Marvel gives her something but looks like Cates will do everything at this point.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
She's either planned all in advance to avoid burnout. I hope Marvel gives her something but looks like Cates will do everything at this point.

Shes way more likely to write stuff for DC. Especially after Eternity Girl and her new artist showcase story. Plus she seems to be friends with Scott Snyder.

A lot of those books are minis or are with publishers that regularly resolicit shit (Black Mask...)

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it totally sounds like Deadly Class from that description.
outside of drugs, there's nothing similar
Oh Shit its Kim & Kim
Morning in America
Calamity Kate
Teenage Wasteland
Sex Death Revolution
Marilyn Manor

Freezasaurus this is what its about

mm01page02-page03-embed_2019.jpg
Wonder if she's going to keep writing Teenage Wasteland, it never got any issues past #1 and that came out in July

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
outside of drugs, there's nothing similar

Wonder if she's going to keep writing Teenage Wasteland, it never got any issues past #1 and that came out in July

I doubt it. Comixology originals seems like it's kinda dead. Elsas book was fun though.

This weeks issue of Immortal Hulk. Phew, that is the good shit. I know Ewing is a great writer but I'm still amazed how much good he is doing for Hulk.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Why? It seems like a good idea. Marvel is however killing their thing as well. It seems TKO will have to avoid that in order to keep up.

Nobody is releasing their books in any timely manner 😂. The idea is good but people need to keep on the books. Very little of note has come from it too.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Was considering picking up White Knight, but is Sean Murphy not a good guy?
He follows Shapiro, Peterson, Van Scriver, TenNapel, among other evil people, but he also has AOC and Beto in there, though it seems like the ratio (at least of bigger faces) seems to skew more towards the former.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
He follows Shapiro, Peterson, Van Scriver, TenNapel, among other evil people, but he also has AOC and Beto in there, though it seems like the ratio (at least of bigger faces) seems to skew more towards the former.

Murphy is..... fine as far as I know. A bit creepy at times and definitely arrogant, though.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Get the single issues. The comics are incredible

Ramon for Young Justice

That Teen Lantern looks a bit too old. Otherwise it's a great cover

Edge of Spider-Geddon
Superior Octopus
Vault of Spiders
Spider-Force
Spider-Girls
Didn't read Spider-Geddon but the Spider-Gwen issues are great.

Well thank Christ they didn't go this route for the Captain Marvel MCU costume.

HOW DOES SHE SEE

WRONG. Sex is similar.
unknown.png

He hasn't really positioned himself either way, I think? Like, his stance seems to be that he wants both sides to buy his books so take that as you will. Before the book came out he was very insistent that White Knight didn't have anything to do with politics so CGers could buy it, but also in the first issue he kinda makes fun of an angry old guy whining about SJWs. Point is, he just wants to make more money, it seems.

But why would you read White Knight

Why would you torture yourself

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
He's a textbook centrist

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, they are starting on the Baltimore HCs too I see.

RE5mEQL.png

Only read v1, not sure about picking this up immediately. Will have to try a couple of more volumes.

There's a Witchfinder omnibus listed as well. That is something I haven't read yet either...

wAuKvnl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.