• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is the best way to read comics?

• LCS Floppies Weekly

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Physical Trades

Votes: 50 32.7%
  • Digital Issues Weekly

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • Digital Trades

Votes: 44 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Do crossovers typically sell exceptionally well? Is there a noticable boost in sales for the properties involved, compared to their individual books, or what? I know we have some numbers people on here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever there's a sale on Comixology, is there somewhere where I can see when it expires? I can never find it.

Looking at the Ms. Marvel volumes and it doesn't say when the sale expires.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Do crossovers typically sell exceptionally well? Is there a noticable boost in sales for the properties involved, compared to their individual books, or what? I know we have some numbers people on here.
If there is a boost it usually disappears the moment the event is over and sales usually sink down a bit further than they were pre-event. This of course doesn't really affect ASM, Batman etc

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
JgIP0Lh.png

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I think Marvel should do more dedicated event books that don't loops between several books with three writers.

No Surrender is fantastic.

And I personally loved Spider-Women(Even though that bounced through 3 books with fucking terrible art for the first and last issues.)

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
No that specific picture but, like, the meme in general. I keep seeing people on twitter just post it without any edits or context. The memes are too fucking avantgarde for me.
It's just a clown at a computer. Saying people doing something online or in games are clowns. It's meant to be a pic of them at their computer. Because they are clowns. It's not that high concept.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is even the internet anymore.
I feel like the context of it being based on the age old insult is escaping you... It's just name calling without getting vulgar. Now there's a funny visual of a clown at a computer to send to people when you want to roast them on Twitter. "This is you. You're being a clown."

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
What is No Road Home even about? Did the Avengers get drunk and call an Uber, but now they don't know where they are?

spiderferi

Apr 15, 2018
Tehran, Iran
It's getting repetitive posting here praising Spencer on his ASM run so far, but damn he is good at writing good Spider-Man materials. The art was also excellent. Ramos upped his game enormously.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It's getting repetitive posting here praising Spencer on his ASM run so far, but damn he is good at writing good Spider-Man materials. The art was also excellent. Ramos upped his game enormously.
I was talking about how it's pretty hard to get into Spidey comics the other day, would you say Spencer's run is friendly for a new Spidey reader?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
What is No Road Home even about? Did the Avengers get drunk and call an Uber, but now they don't know where they are?

Because Earth was moved by The Grandmaster during No Surrender, Nyx, the Greek god of night, who was sealed by the sun's position relative to the Earth, was set free. She murders the Greek pantheon, and Hercules is alerted by Vector, who has imprisoned The Challenger at the edge of the universe and is monitoring happenings in the universe. Vector puts together a team of Avengers, plus Rocket Raccoon, to stop Nyx and her family from rewriting existence to her liking.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I'm picking up my comics today

I don't think I could go a week hearing multiple people praise ramos art without seeing it myself

I was talking about how it's pretty hard to get into Spidey comics the other day, would you say Spencer's run is friendly for a new Spidey reader?

ehhh, like yeah you can start here and be fine but also this spencer run scratches a lot of specific itches that you won't feel the full weight of without reading up on past runs

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Not really. A lot of time is spent "fixing" loose ends - an arc about the fallout from Superior, a lot of Clone Conspiracy stuff, a bunch of returning characters and references to a prior status quo. And of course the spectre of One More Day hanging over everything.

It's no better or worse than any of Slott's "fresh starts" from a new reader perspective.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. A lot of time is spent "fixing" loose ends - an arc about the fallout from Superior, a lot of Clone Conspiracy stuff, a bunch of returning characters and references to a prior status quo. And of course the spectre of One More Day hanging over everything.

It's no better or worse than any of Slott's "fresh starts" from a new reader perspective.
One of y'all lyin'
ZHEZEsN.gif

spiderferi

Apr 15, 2018
Tehran, Iran
If you haven't already, read superior foes
I was planning to read it, but haven't had the time till now. Probably will read it in our (Iran) new year's holidays.

Yeah it's a good starting point. Spencer starts his run by almost resetting all the Slott's shenanigans. I hope you become a Spidey reader soon and start reading the classics. Man I wish I could just reset my memory and start reading all over again.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else in here play Chaos;Child? I got it when it came out, played through the normal path. Went back to it within the last couple weeks to see the rest of the endings, and the game is fucking me up. Crazy shit. I don't know if I've ever played another game that has lingered on my mind so much after I put it down for a break. And I can't figure out why it's weighing on me so much. It's a great VN, it definitely has some flaws, but even moreso than other games from this studio, it's sticking with me.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Grim Knight was pretty good. One bit I found fascinating was because this Bruce killed all his costumes freaks, there never was a Joker. Instead Jim Gordon is this guy's archnemesis, and is the one he's obsessed with. That helps explain why he's so willing to work with BWL.

Status
Not open for further replies.