• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is the best way to read comics?

• LCS Floppies Weekly

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Physical Trades

Votes: 50 32.7%
  • Digital Issues Weekly

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • Digital Trades

Votes: 44 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
A co-worker is a hyper pretentious horror movie fan and hated the IT remake. But also didn't know what a practical effect was. Fucking how??????

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Way too many human Green Lanterns. Kill some off. Keep John Stewart.
Yeah... No. They're a Corps. They've justified it canonically as Earth's sector being a hub of ludicrous cosmic activity. It's fine. What they ACTUALLY need to do is solve their problem in pleasing all GL fans at once.

I will not let anyone fucking take Jessica Cruz from me. She's too perfect for comics.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Pughs art is so beautiful in this. Can't wait to read it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Itll be easier to stop buying comics once Disney cancels Marvel

So that puts an end to the idea that Deadly Class is ending anytime soon lol
For sure. Although it getting a series was probably more than enough.

Excited to see Last Days of American Crime as a movie. Just hope it doesnt suffer from the Netflix movie curse...

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I just read the first issue of Cosmic Ghost Rider, and I absolutely loved it. LOVED IT. It was so fun and funny, and it has that awful, bittersweet feeling underlying the humor the entire time. I pulled it on a flyer, because I really like the character and I know the writers can be hilarious, but I didn't expect much, or honestly think that I would pull it for all five issues, but now I can't wait to see what other parts of Marvel history they fuck up.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I just read the first issue of Cosmic Ghost Rider, and I absolutely loved it. LOVED IT. It was so fun and funny, and it has that awful, bittersweet feeling underlying the humor the entire time. I pulled it on a flyer, because I really like the character and I know the writers can be hilarious, but I didn't expect much, or honestly think that I would pull it for all five issues, but now I can't wait to see what other parts of Marvel history they fuck up.

Cosmic Ghost Rider was amazing from start to finish. Definitely not what I expected going in.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Maaaaan, just read League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for the first time, and yeeeeeah, that was not for me. First volume was kind of okayish but definitely not my cup of tea, but the second just felt straight up unpleasant. Bleh. Is this actually regarded as a classic by folks around here, or is it just one of those things where it became a known name for whatever reason?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Maaaaan, just read League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for the first time, and yeeeeeah, that was not for me. First volume was kind of okayish but definitely not my cup of tea, but the second just felt straight up unpleasant. Bleh. Is this actually regarded as a classic by folks around here, or is it just one of those things where it became a known name for whatever reason?
Alan Moore books can be pretty polarizing. It's just the way his stuff is. Have you tried the film version?

tumblr_ofo25ieLbH1qdhps7o10_r3_500.gif

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Alan Moore books can be pretty polarizing. It's just the way his stuff is. Have you tried the film version?

tumblr_ofo25ieLbH1qdhps7o10_r3_500.gif
Yeah, that wasn't really for me either, but I was expecting it'd be a case like V for Vendetta where I hated the movie but then loved the comic. But in retrospect I think I liked the movie more.

Not been a good day for me for media, as earlier in the day I spent a good chunk of time finishing up Fairy Tail. :/

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Is it just me or does it feel like X-23 is already ending?

Also, Runaways is still good, trade sales are saving that book.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is an easy series to love for older folk since it's all literary characters interacting. It's a great concept. But yeah that movie is a wreck.

Freezasaurus did you read Bêlit? What'd you think? I love this. The cover art and interior does not match AT ALL but that's okay by me because this is a good YA series in the making, it seems.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone still reading Runaways?

Issue 19 was heartbreaking. But I still loved it.

I am REALLY excited to see where they go with Alex. Is it even possible to integrate him with the group at this point?

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Where does Shang Chi get those new powers during Hickman's Avengers? Or when does he find out who his father is? Is that all in the Avengers World run that came out alongside Hickman's Avengers, or in the Shang Chi one shot? Im almost half way through the second omni and havent seen any of that yet.

Was Avengers World good?
I don't remember Shang Chi appearing...
What new powers are you talking about?

You might be thinking of Amadeus Cho maybe, I know he was in there with weird powers talking about his parents.

LOL Marvel REALLY hates Gay Couples do they?

That or Bunn just doesn't give a shit.
Wait what happened now

Cosmic Ghost Rider was amazing from start to finish. Definitely not what I expected going in.
I think he's talking about CGR Destroys Marvel History

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I haven't been reading comics in.. a while. I used to read Ultimate Spider-Man (RIP), Ms. Marvel and Spidey up to a bit after the end of Superior Spider-Man.

I was wondering whether I can jump into (and where) back into those three series.

I liked Nick Spencer in Superior Foes and Ant-Man, how is he on Spider-Man? Can I figure out what's going on from #1?
How's post-Bendis Miles Morales?
What's going on with Ms. Marvel? I dropped it after it got too involved in cross-overs like Secret Wars.
Also maybe I should start reading Squirrel Girl again?

I should also note that I don't like "events" and "crossovers" so if you have a series that's similar to the above and doesn't constantly delve into that it'll be good (I don't read DC, but other non-Marvel stuff is okay).

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't been reading comics in.. a while. I used to read Ultimate Spider-Man (RIP), Ms. Marvel and Spidey up to a bit after the end of Superior Spider-Man.

I was wondering whether I can jump into (and where) back into those three series.

I liked Nick Spencer in Superior Foes and Ant-Man, how is he on Spider-Man? Can I figure out what's going on from #1?
How's post-Bendis Miles Morales?
What's going on with Ms. Marvel? I dropped it after it got too involved in cross-overs like Secret Wars.
Also maybe I should start reading Squirrel Girl again?

I should also note that I don't like "events" and "crossovers" so if you have a series that's similar to the above and doesn't constantly delve into that it'll be good (I don't read DC, but other non-Marvel stuff is okay).

Oh if you hate crossovers Marvel aren't the company for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.