• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is the best way to read comics?

• LCS Floppies Weekly

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Physical Trades

Votes: 50 32.7%
  • Digital Issues Weekly

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • Digital Trades

Votes: 44 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
Just read The Grim Knight. It was pretty fantastic. Makes me even more curious about the Batman Who Laughs plans. Constantly calling him BWL is a bit annoying but whatever.

I also don't think this will resolve by the end of Batman Who Laughs. If I'm not mistaken, it will resolve during DC's Year of the Villain

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Just read The Grim Knight. It was pretty fantastic. Makes me even more curious about the Batman Who Laughs plans. Constantly calling him BWL is a bit annoying but whatever.

I also don't think this will resolve by the end of Batman Who Laughs. If I'm not mistaken, it will resolve during DC's Year of the Villain
Snyder has said BWL and his JL run are both building towards this summer event.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
No idea why he couldn't say it was the final cover the other day lol

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
To be honest, Kang should be doing more of what he did to Squirrel Girl. It's much more creative than his recent bouts.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So I read the new Ms. Marvel #1 issue and I enjoyed it for the most part. Mostly table setting on Saladin Ahmed's part, but I think he's got a pretty good voice for Kamala and is added some much needed stakes to her book. I loved GWW's characterization but I felt like after awhile the book started to feel a little toothless so I'm interested to see where things goes from here.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

New Cates book.

If the Bookshelf doesn't collapse under the weight of that one book.

Get better shelves bub

33506280668_5ed9c50ab3_b.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How many books is Cates writing for Marvel? Just 2 atm, Venom and Guardians? This will probably be whatever that Cosmo thing is for.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
The Wild Storm is *so* much better when you can just read a bunch of them back to back. I was only halfway into it the first time I read it because I kept forgetting things.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I am very excited to see if Low is in this months solicits. Its one of the highlights of my month every month.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoy Go Go Power Rangers. I look forward to it every month, and it bummed me out when it took a month hiatus in September.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also saw Captain Marvel last night. it was really good. lots of things could have been better but overall I loved what they did. it was funny, it was heartfelt, and the themes of the movie were really well done. leaving the theater I actually had things to chew on and thinking back to earlier parts of the movie really hit home how well they executed those themes. even some of my early movie criticisms were recontextualized in a way that really worked. the 90's stuff was there and blatant at times but it never went to 11 although there was one joke that would have been funnier without the dialogue explaining what was happening, though I guess they're appealing to younger audiences who may not have experience with using computers in the 90's. a lot of other stuff was great too but I'll leave it out because it's spoilery.

as far as criticism go it's just wanting more of what worked. I wish there were more of carol's relationship with maria and monica and I wish there were more of carol growing up. there's a point at the end that would have hit so much harder with a bit more time with younger carol. but I guess amnesia so :shrug:

and the stan cameo and opening.....oh man that hit me hard

Status
Not open for further replies.