• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is the best way to read comics?

• LCS Floppies Weekly

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Physical Trades

Votes: 50 32.7%
  • Digital Issues Weekly

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • Digital Trades

Votes: 44 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
After reading BLAME! and Biomega I have come to the conclusion that Nihen is a crazy son of a bitch. I had zero idea what was happening in each page of the last volume of BLAME! and in multiple times throughout Biomega I could not follow a single thing that was happening.

This dude's stories feel like you need to read them a few times to fully grasp them.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus... The John Romita Jr. cover of Superman Year One is messed up... Like, what is happening with his body? His left arm looks like the joint is reversed, and his legs are so weird looking... Not to mention his saggy underwear. Yuck.

1_Superman_Year1_CVR1_5c8b1039498194.41561834.jpg

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus... The John Romita Jr. cover of Superman Year One is messed up... Like, what is happening with his body? His left arm looks like the joint is reversed, and his legs are so weird looking... Not to mention his saggy underwear. Yuck.

1_Superman_Year1_CVR1_5c8b1039498194.41561834.jpg

Romita Jr in 2019.

Remember his previous attempts
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNjIvNDExL29yaWdpbmFsL1N1cGVybWFuXzUxLmpwZw==

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNjIvNDEwL2kwMi9KTF81MC5qcGc=

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Batman Rebirth Deluxe Book 4 now omits the word Rebirth. Which is fine, and it took longer than I thought it would take for them to change up the trade dress.

Still don't know why they seemingly stopped with the Flash deluxes, though. I really don't want to continue those in paperback, but it doesn't look like I'll have a choice.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Started reading Slott's Iron Man. So Tony built himself and Rhodey new bodies?? I like the robot rights theme hes been using in the story though. And the Art is awesome, especially the suits and robots.

And yea, I dunno how people are going to like JRJR's art on Superman Year One. The interiors looked a bit better from the preview, but its still nowhere near his prime.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of Miller doing a Lois Lane cover

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to read Heroes in Crisis #6, and I seriously think I'm done. I got to page two, with Gnarrk reciting Keats, and I just can't stop rolling my eyes long enough to get past it. King is so far up his own ass, I think he's entered a pocket dimension. We get it. You're smart. You're well-read. You had Shakespeare in Batman with those horrible Penguin issues, you have Keats in Heroes in Crisis. You're really dragging comics out of the gutter. WE GET IT.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The poll: if one has a large tablet / convertible, digital trades are fantastic.

This Green Lantern episodic cartoon on DC U is pretty good. It's not just another Hal Jordan retread origin. It jumps right into the era of the war of light or whatever it was called.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
JRJR was good but he took a real nosedive. His Spider-Man stories look amazing but like the Avengers vs. X-Men was total crap.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Tempted to get Deadly Class in the latest Comixology sale, mainly because I'm enjoying the show. Anyone know if the collected volumes have anything extra in them? It seems like the collections are mainly 6 bucks each for four or five comics, but the individual issues are a dollar each.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to read Heroes in Crisis #6, and I seriously think I'm done. I got to page two, with Gnarrk reciting Keats, and I just can't stop rolling my eyes long enough to get past it. King is so far up his own ass, I think he's entered a pocket dimension. We get it. You're smart. You're well-read. You had Shakespeare in Batman with those horrible Penguin issues, you have Keats in Heroes in Crisis. You're really dragging comics out of the gutter. WE GET IT.
The concept itself is easy to go ads upwards, but I'm surprised how bad it is. Its parody.

Meanwhile Doomsday Clock is just the most wasted potential with its premise

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The poll: if one has a large tablet / convertible, digital trades are fantastic.

This Green Lantern episodic cartoon on DC U is pretty good. It's not just another Hal Jordan retread origin. It jumps right into the era of the war of light or whatever it was called.

Is that the CGI one from a few years ago? I honestly thought it was better than Young Justice (which was airing around the same time). Not as ambitious I guess, but really consistently high quality across the board.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Tempted to get Deadly Class in the latest Comixology sale, mainly because I'm enjoying the show. Anyone know if the collected volumes have anything extra in them? It seems like the collections are mainly 6 bucks each for four or five comics, but the individual issues are a dollar each.

Get the single issues. The comics are incredible

Ramon for Young Justice

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Grant Morrison is helping write a draft of the script for The Flash movie. Might as well take a crack at it since noone else is lol.

Seeing some people say that they think Ezra Miller might be to blame for a lot of the delays in the past. Shame to have Morrison attached to this if WB is just planning on passing on it so they can drop Ezra when his contract ends.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I read Death of X and Inhumans vs X-Men on Marvel unlimited. It was somehow even worse than I expected. What a shit show.

Status
Not open for further replies.