• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
I learned that you can actually catch tarantulas head-on without them charging at you if you hold the net at the ready and inch forward very slowly, a tiny bit at a time. I am now a world-class tarantula-wrangler.
I sneak up like that with all bugs that can run away, so did the same thing too to the only tarantula I've seen, since it was in a defensive position. I didn't want it to attack or run away.

It doesn't seem like the big two are standing creatives down yet.
The only upside of all of this for them, if everything were to completely stop (digital included), is that it's a chance for the art teams to get ahead and not be right up against deadline. I don't think Gerads would stop even if they told him to. It's in his personal best interest to be ahead on his work.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Attempting to draw biological connections to mutants in Marvel is the worst of the "shut up, it's science" to me. Talkin' about DNA and shit. You can control the weather. We are beyond anything having to do with any kind of physiology. A space wizard did it. We'll leave it at that. They got no problem sticking to that for the Inhumans and the difference between Inhumans and Mutants seems negligible at times

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
I read comics today.
HT1NNGu

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
official Quiet Council member rankings

1. Mr. Sinister
1000000000. Everyone else

Also wow Krakoa's justice system is horrific, your fate is decided only by the 12~ most powerful people on the island and the only punishment is solitary confinement from hell. Good job being "above human institutions" or whatever. When will the real X-Men escape The Hole and lead a revolution installing democracy?

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder when word will come about if the big two will suspend digital comics. I'd think by the end of the week, right?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I wonder when word will come about if the big two will suspend digital comics. I'd think by the end of the week, right?

Questionable why they would. A transition to digital is the inevitable end result. The LCS/Diamond Distribution model is not a sustainable one. This current crisis gives both a reason and opportunity to accelerate that transition while taking little of the blame for it.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I feel this is the moment the comics industry can show just how far they'll go for shops. I'll be annoyed if they stop digital too. If the service the shops claim to provide is such a big deal, then surely people will return once they open back up.

that ring fit adventure update is legit. perfect timing too

Best part of the Direct. Pretty stocked for that rhythm mode.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
edit: ummmm this tabletop collection looks legit as hell

Except that I can't find a copy for less than $200. -_-

oh really? fuck

yeah that looks like what I might start focusing on. I switched from the adventure mode to the quick play and custom modes. the jogging was fine but there was a lot of dead time in the adventure mode with all the text and map navigation and battle transitions and stuff. the rhythm mode looks like it'll have targeted options which is cool, they showed an arms + legs mode and a legs + core mode.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I feel this is the moment the comics industry can show just how far they'll go for shops. I'll be annoyed if they stop digital too. If the service the shops claim to provide is such a big deal, then surely people will return once they open back up.

Apparently digital sales are a very small fraction of the pie.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
tbh it would be dumb for the Big 2 to not explore all available options rather than just not publish anything for a unknown(!) number of months

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like (at least Marvel) isn't going to be digital afterall.
https://www.newsarama.com/49590-luc...ng-coming-digitally-april-1-but-it-s-not.html
On Wednesday, StarWars.com announced that Marvel Comics' Doctor Aphra relaunch would be coming out April 1 as originally solicited but as a digital exclusive, but Marvel has revealed to Newsarama that this is inaccurate. According to a source at Marvel , the solicited April 1 Doctor Aphra #1 will not be released April 1 digitally or in print, despite Lucasfilm's post, as well as the now outdated listings on comiXology and Marvel's own digital storefront.The release schedule for all comic books was thrown into disarray earlier this week when the effects of coronavirus led the Direct Market's leading print distributor, Diamond, to suspend distribution of comics beginning April 1.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Im all about that Bravely Default 2. Just not a huge fan of the roster yet, aside from the main character. Wonder if they girl from the originals will be in it.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I just beat Xeno last year (I started it in like 2010 lol), so I don't think I'm ready for a replay. I wish I could just play the epilogue :(

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo USA: Gay, lesbians, trans and non binary rep in Animal Crossing

Altus USA: Catherine Remake with 20% more Transphobia

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So like, I'm not saying that I got super excited at the announcement of a N64 remake for Switch with Star Wars Episode 1 Racer

But I did.
official Quiet Council member rankings

1. Mr. Sinister
1000000000. Everyone else

Also wow Krakoa's justice system is horrific, your fate is decided only by the 12~ most powerful people on the island and the only punishment is solitary confinement from hell. Good job being "above human institutions" or whatever. When will the real X-Men escape The Hole and lead a revolution installing democracy?
The Hole is only for those who kill humans, so far. The entire premise of the Hellion's shows Krakoa's system to not be so black and white.
It came out last year on PS4. It's the original game with more content. Now with more transphobia!
Nintendo USA: Gay, lesbians, trans and non binary rep in Animal Crossing

Altus USA: Catherine Remake with 20% more Transphobia
I mean I never played it, but it also never seemed like anything I'd want to play. Pseudo

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Fucking amazing issue. I have a theory about what is going on in this issue.
Leader is in Rick. Brian is in Scar. Note how pissed Scar is at Devil. Note when Bruce talks about killing his dad his eyes/eye area turns grey. Fixit knows Scar is Brian which is why he looks pissed at Scar. When Scar shows up originally, he's larger and looks like a dad walking his kid (Savage). Brian appears in the sky. Brian is referenced a couple of times in the issue.

Remember when Bruce returned from Heroes Reborn? Leader and Brian were tormenting him while "in Hell". Leader ascended during Jenkin's run and ran into TOBA and ended up serving him. He's the one who controls the Green Door wiping memories of gamma beings given his gamma power. He allows others to return from Hell on behalf of TOBA, hence Brian's return.

Eventually, Bruce is going to have a hell of a mental fight and may have to sacrifice an alter (Fixit is the prime candidate)

Oh hey, that's word for word my theory. Where'd you get this from? I'm seeing it cross posted at a few places now.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Marvel and especially DC can push MU and DCU a bit harder in this timeframe I guess. Sucks for creators and retailers though.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
i'd hope this was just dc stopping some of its lower-selling books. the dreaming isn't exactly a chart topper. but marvel pressing pause on doctor aphra is a big deal. it could be because they want doctor aphra #1 to make a big splash (rumors of show/movie etc). but at this point i feel like im just reaching to escape what's likely to be a shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.