• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
That Kree Skrull war one shot that came out today was pretty great. It was like another issue of that History of the Marvel Universe based on the conflict between the two.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
I have designated groves for each kind of fruit tree. I put my bamboo forest in a secluded area because I don't know where my actual bamboo forest will ultimately go, and I just needed to put it somewhere for now to be able to farm those resources if/when I need them.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so jealous of my mom. She's playing Animal Crossing as well, and she got this really awesome Imperial Bed as an early game gift from Tom Nook. It's a big red Asian-style double-bed with an overhang and everything.

May 24, 2019

dolD4Kn.jpg

Do you get recipes when you grab other peoples' stuff?

May 24, 2019
I've got none of the wrestling stuff yet. That's a fancy headdress thing and flower glasses
edit: And a coat, grass skirt and recycled garbage boots.

Last edited:

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
My island isn't pretty enough!
Showing off your stuff isn't the only point of having visitors. Trading fruit is a big part of helping your island reach a state where your normal routine earns you more money, which helps your island be pretty! Plus, you get access to things in other people's stores, instead of just your own, which helps your island become pretty.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I often see people say Animal Crossing seems really boring/they already have chores in real life, when they haven't played it. It's obviously not for everyone, but playing it is a very different experience.
i've never actually played it, I just find that dude's videos to be really funny.

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
I often see people say Animal Crossing seems really boring/they already have chores in real life, when they haven't played it. It's obviously not for everyone, but playing it is a very different experience.
What's boring is another internet guy who feels the need to announce to everybody that they don't like the thing other people like, when nobody asked or cares.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I thought Switch's online stuff was free.

I'll buy 2 PS5s if they announce that online is free next gen.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I read it weekly for many years from when I was like 12. Grew to really dislike it. Same thing for Naruto, but I still have nostalgia for the early bits of that one.

Which was also great till the first Gaara v Naruto fight.

Most Shonen I lose interest about 8-10 volumes in. This is why I am in awe of what Oda achieved.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped reading Bleach after he Hueco Mundo arc but then ended up watching the next arc in anime form. Tite Kubo was really running out of ideas 'cus the whole thing felt like a remake of the all the Arrancar stuff, like, it almost felt copied and pasted. And that's after the Hueco Mundo arc had already felt a bit too similar to Soul Society.

Deleted member 64377

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
I have a very limited interest in shonen battle manga, so I'm quick to accept any reason I see to ignore those kinds of books. I'm still dipping my toes into a few I think I might get something out of, but in general, I gravitate more towards cute things and comedies.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I have a very limited interest in shonen battle manga, so I'm quick to accept any reason I see to ignore those kinds of books. I'm still dipping my toes into a few I think I might get something out of, but in general, I gravitate more towards cute things and comedies.

Are you reading Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun? It has been hilarious.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I like how Ichigo collected literally every power introduced into the manga. Didn't his mom end up being a Quincy, too? My dude was like an Elder Scrolls character.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Which was also great till the first Gaara v Naruto fight.

Most Shonen I lose interest about 8-10 volumes in. This is why I am in awe of what Oda achieved.
I love One Piece. I'm still not caught up, though... but I should just do that now that I can't go anywhere. I was caught up for years, but I kinda just lost interest during part of Dressrosa and fell behind. Since then, I've been 50-100 chapters behind. I really love where I'm at now, but I've just been slow.

Have you ever read Hunter x Hunter. It's really up there for me, but I also really adore Yu Yu Hakusho.
I have a very limited interest in shonen battle manga
Look at this! Look at how good aimless is! Y'all could learn a thing or two.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I like how Ichigo collected literally every power introduced into the manga. Didn't his mom end up being a Quincy, too? My dude was like an Elder Scrolls character.
Hahaha. Too true. I have to admit that I did love one scene from the manga long after it took a nosedive. The villain of one arc (I don't remember names of the characters that didn't matter) gaslighted Ichigo for a while, because Ichigo knew he was evil but the villain was able to put himself in people's memories. So Ichigo is like, "This dude is evil! He's gonna kill us all!" He runs home and finds the dude chilling on his couch, and his family thinks he is now his uncle. Just the boldness of that dude. Chillin' on your couch and making you look crazy. That arc sucked, but I liked that guy.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I love One Piece. I'm still not caught up, though... but I should just do that now that I can't go anywhere. I was caught up for years, but I kinda just lost interest during part of Dressrosa and fell behind. Since then, I've been 50-100 chapters behind. I really love where I'm at now, but I've just been slow.

Have you ever read Hunter x Hunter. It's really up there for me, but I also really adore Yu Yu Hakusho.

Yeah, Dressrosa I took a break and read it all at once. Reads much better.

Hunter x Hunter I enjoyed for a bit. Lost interest during that arc in the tower. All those wikipedia powerpoint presentations about powers. Felt like it was some D&D manual. And Hisoka was a little too creepy/disgusting for me. Then dropped it completely somewhere in the Chimera arc.

Yu Yu Hakusho I had the same problem as with MHA. Just tournament arc after tournament/exam arc.

Never heard of it, but I will try it out with my next order.

That and Silver Spoon and Saint Young Men are about my three favourite on-going comedies.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Hunter x Hunter I enjoyed for a bit. Lost interest during that arc in the tower. And Hisoka was a little too creepy/disgusting for me. Then dropped it completely somewhere in the Chimera arc.

Yu Yu Hakusho I had the same problem as with MHA. Just tournament arc after tournament/exam arc.
Ah. Understandable. I love the Chimera arc, but I have heard a number of people say it was just too drawn out.

Yu Yu Hakusho I have a lot of nostalgia for, but I can totally see not enjoying the tournaments. Height 90s shounen battle shit (which I sometimes loved).

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Yu Yu Hakusho's anime was one of the coolest things growing up. It was the proto-Bleach where the general vibe was oozed badassery.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone getting Persona Royal?

If we do end up in a release drought, I actually might.

I did prepurchase Resident Evil 3 Remake today, I had so much fun (in a manner of speaking) with the demo last week that I decided to pick it up. The remake of 2 was my most unexpected delight of last year (I wasn't allowed to play the originals, they were the only banned games in our house because my older brother played them and screamed the house down) so it's all basically new to me.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm paralysed by the fear of anime adaptions. I want to read and catch up on My Hero, Demon Slayer and Promised Neverland (my favorite Jumps) but I fear ruining the second seasons of those animes. In MHAs case... I thought this season was fine but it definitely felt lesser as I had already read it.

Knowing Promised Neverland s2 is in October makes the choice even harder.

Demon Slayer could be a year plus away with the Demon Train movie being released before the end of the year.

I know both of those shows are Anime > Shonen Jumps..

Status
Not open for further replies.