• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I used to follow those kinds of shitheads to laugh at all their stupidity, and lemme tell you, it's not fucking worth it

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Stop SGM posting, thanks! I hate seeing you guys let him live in your heads (and as a side effect of browsing the thread, the rest of ours) rent free! Just forget about him unless he does something news worthy.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Upgrade Soul released for free on iOS.

(Download the app and unlock all 9 chapters for $0 via IAP if you want to read it later.)

apps.apple.com

‎Upgrade Soul

‎Revisit the most acclaimed sci-fi graphic novel of 2018 the way it was designed to be read! Originally conceived as an immersive digital comic, the print edition of Upgrade Soul (2018, Lion Forge), was named one of the best graphic novels of 2018 by Publishers Weekly, Paste, The Library...

My short thoughts on the comic!

The premise is simple in sci-fi terms - an older couple have decided to take part in a radical (unapproved) scientific experiment that allows a human 'to reach their full potential'. The outcome leads to questions about identity and self worth and how far a human is essentially defined by their experiences and memories. The comic takes liberties with the storytelling timeline and it works super well here, giving you a glimpse of the life Molly and Hank lived that brings them to the point where they are willing to take this dangerous leap. The comic will break your heart so tread carefully. (also be ready for some body horror and Get Out style weirdness).

jTNdNDO.jpg

JKNspEZ.jpg

CSyMxR7.png

I have read two books by Ezra Clayton Daniels this year and both have been masterpieces. Definitely will grab whatever he works on next. I need to track down The Changers.

Last edited:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
There probably isn't much point in making a new thread at this point since Image is like the only publisher that might release something.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
now's a great time to support some indie creators who sell their works digitally through alternative store fronts like gumroad 🥳

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Fiffe tweeted out saying COPRA isn't coming tomorrow so it's prolly safe to assume Image, like the others, is also not doing releases for the month either

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
We should put the OT on hold, no new OTs in solidarity with physical comic stores.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A new thread will be great. Messi will give us more new comic content in April than the big two. Publisher of the month.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MAAAAN

I been waiting for a new Tasky book for ten years and get it yanked the day before it hits. Coronavirus you motherfucker

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
DC is a cruel motherfucker, says the dreaming #20 will be released digitally and then takes that back

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man, I just caught up on all my comics from the last couple of weeks too

time to go digging. I think I'll hop between finally reading through Morrison's Doom Patrol, the DC read through that gets you through Infinite Crisis and 52, and a full ASM read through with the side books incorporated

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I saw that the BTAS comic with Dini is still coming out tomorrow because it's digital first, so that's cool.

And next week, they'll play chicken again.

Like I said, digital probably isn't big enough and the DM currently isn't going anywhere.

then again...

Marvel and DC going to be working overtime to escape Diamond and the Direct Market.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Naruto Chapter 1: "Why is society unfair and nepotistic. A boy can succeed on his own merits and bootstraps to become the leader of the whole village!"

Naruto Chapter 500: "Oh, boy's father was also a previous leader and his inheritance from his father's and mother's families gave him a leg up over everyone else. Becomes leader."

Maybe Naruto was always a commentary on meritocracy and how 'bootstraps' are used to distract from the current stakeholders always keeping wealth and power in their own organizations.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
My Amazon Shonen Jumps order, which was expected to ship at the end of April, just shipped today. I don't have Prime either.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got any late entries for an op title?

COMICS! |OT| April 2020. Diamond is Unavailable

My Amazon Shonen Jumps order, which was expected to ship at the end of April, just shipped today. I don't have Prime either.

I was hoping to get a new cam for my stream. Was wanting to get a Logitech Brio and it's so out of stock on UKamazon that it doesn't even come up on search! Damn you teleconferencing!

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
The library has been closed for a long time now, but I have books due back tomorrow. I assume they've had people emptying the drop boxes so they don't get overloaded, so I think I should walk down there and drop them off just in case. I just hope no morons try to come up and talk to me. I might drive just to avoid that, even though it isn't otherwise necessary to drive.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
The library has been closed for a long time now, but I have books due back tomorrow. I assume they've had people emptying the drop boxes so they don't get overloaded, so I think I should walk down there and drop them off just in case. I just hope no morons try to come up and talk to me. I might drive just to avoid that, even though it isn't otherwise necessary to drive.
My library closed a couple weeks back and closed drop off, too. Their homepage says all fees will be waived and due dates don't matter till they open again. Does your library/your library district homepage have info like that?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Naruto Chapter 1: "Why is society unfair and nepotistic. A boy can succeed on his own merits and bootstraps to become the leader of the whole village!"

Naruto Chapter 500: "Oh, boy's father was also a previous leader and his inheritance from his father's and mother's families gave him a leg up over everyone else. Becomes leader."

Maybe Naruto was always a commentary on meritocracy and how 'bootstraps' are used to distract from the current stakeholders always keeping wealth and power in their own organizations.

It's like a Star Wars arc...

Status
Not open for further replies.