• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane?

• Mary Jane

Votes: 65 58.0%
  • Gwen Stacy

Votes: 47 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
What if... Bendis was a sleeper agent all along.

3GZq3Vh.png

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I believe Tom works best in a corner walled off from everything else. Big books like Batman and miniseries like HIC aren't his thing.

Mister Miracle, Omega Men? They're isolated and their own thing.
Yeah, but I think it would be really messed up to kick him off Batman and stick him in a corner.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
welp we can't get cool things anymore because Lee Bermejo drew a dick and it wasn't even good dick

COMICS WILL BREAK YOUR HEART

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Solicit for Gwen (best Spidey girl)

gwenpool-strikes-back-1.jpg

GWENPOOL STRIKES BACK #1 (OF 5)

written by Leah Williams

illustrated by David Baldeon

cover by Terry Dodson

POOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!That's right — everyone's favorite comics-fan-turned-comics character is back, and this time, she's playing for keeps! Gwen Poole is desperate not to disappear into comic book limbo, so she's going to make an impact on the Marvel Universe! First up: Unmask Spider-Man! And heck, maybe see if she can get some real super-powers while she's at it!

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
What if... Tom King's big change is just being shifted into a separate standalone mini/maxi series? What a bizarre, sudden shift in course after that interview he did last week.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
What if... Tom King's big change is just being shifted into a separate standalone mini/maxi series? What a bizarre, sudden shift in course after that interview he did last week.

This makes some sense with Mitch teasing. Although that might be about his next book with King

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I'm really fucking confused right now

DC what the fuck

Like, even if it ends up being just a renaming of the series or a mini or something
This is the worst way they could've done it

DC what the fuck

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked you didn't feel ripped-off at #50. I did and I stopped reading.

I never believed the wedding was happening and I'm stunned anyone here thought it was. You really think they would let him be happy. I like to let a writer tell his story as long as I'm not actively repulsed.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What a fucking fiasco. DC better not just be making some sort of marketing controversy, like changing the comic where King's conclusion actually takes place or delaying it.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
look my definitive take on it is that someone at DC read the issue where Batman tears through Arkham to beat the shit out of a defenseless Bane, thought to themselves "wait is he saying that it is kinda fucked up for Batman to be all about that violence shit, we can't have that, that's bad for the Brand" and made some calls to pull the plug early

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Now that Gerards "jumping to conclusions" tweet looks really bad lol.

What a dick move though by DC. This has to upset a pretty large part of their fan base. I might not have liked King's Batman all that much, but I respected that a lot of people did. This just looks really bad, especially after that interview.

I blame Geoff Johns holding all his toys in his pram, making everyone else just run in place.
Same. Even if hes not to blame, I still do lol.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hot Take

Hickman is a discount Morrison, and not even a good one like Geard Way.

Just Kidding, X books are gonna be great

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I never believed the wedding was happening and I'm stunned anyone here thought it was. You really think they would let him be happy. I like to let a writer tell his story as long as I'm not actively repulsed.

I was disappointed with #50. But I didn't get bent-out-of-shape over a comic plot. What bothered me was that DC marketed it so heavily as a done deal knowing all the while what was planned. And they still had the gall to release a "Wedding Album" hardcover after the fact. And then that fucking cunt DiDio tells people to "get over it."

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I was disappointed with #50. But I didn't get bent-out-of-shape over a comic plot. What bothered me was that DC marketed it so heavily as a done deal knowing all the while what was planned. And they still had the gall to release a "Wedding Album" hardcover after the fact. And then that fucking cunt DiDio tells people to "get over it."
he's right

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

It's the right move to tell people to get over the story in their funny book when people are out there sending rape and death threats to Joelle because she drew some of it. Tom King has a bodyguard since... So yeah people needed to get over it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that Hickman interview at CBR. It really makes it sound like whoever did the interview is a dumbass or just really new at their job lol. The first like 5 questions Hickman had to either give 1 line answers or outright refuse to answer.

Jonathan Hickman: Well, that's a super loaded question.

I feel like you're using the royal 'we' there, and I'm not sure how down I am with your aristocratic bent.

Okay, so this is the third question in a row that I'm ducking because I'm just not going to spoil the story for everyone who's looking forward to reading it.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was disappointed by the marriage, and for what it's worth King should be allowed to finish his run. However I didn't enjoy it and dropped it. I do think it's weird to end it with twenty odd issues left, but hopefully King's next project is more in line with his other work.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It's the right move to tell people to get over the story in their funny book when people are out there sending rape and death threats to Joelle because she drew some of it. Tom King has a bodyguard since... So yeah people needed to get over it.
He told people to get over it because the book made them a lot of money lol.

It's too bad that bodyguard turned out to be homophobic, sexist, harasser.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
With the timing I wonder if he'll get one of the post Doomsday Clock relaunch books. Assuming it actually finishes this year lol

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
King will be exclusively doing Dark Horse books by this time next year, guarantee it.

On the plus side: Vision 2.0, give it to me, send Akira-San out poaching.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
With the timing I wonder if he'll get one of the post Doomsday Clock relaunch books. Assuming it actually finishes this year lol
Thats kinda what im thinking here.

Im also thinking that There must be something happening with the lineup at DC around the time Batman #85 would come out. Rather than have Batman continue on while all the other books go through some sort of change, they just decided to end it instead. I dont see them just outright firing him off the book rather than let him change the story to fit their needs. Unless he just refused to do so.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm absolutely not excusing that. I mean, she had nothing to do with it outside of drawing it. Even King is relatively blameless here. My issues are with the way that DC went about marketing it.
It's too bad that bodyguard turned out to be homophobic, sexist, harasser.
Really? Is this the guy that King kept posting pics of on his Twitter while they were at cons?

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last time DC did a big reboot in the middle of a long Batman run, they still let Morrison finish his story in a separate book Batman Inc. Scott Snyder was on the main book, but Morrison basically ignored it and just finished his story with Chris Burnham for 12 issues.

Maybe Tom king is getting a separate book that's not really canon but who cares about canon

Status
Not open for further replies.