• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane?

• Mary Jane

Votes: 65 58.0%
  • Gwen Stacy

Votes: 47 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I had already stopped reading Batman. So okay. Not really exciting until I know who's replacing him. Shame he didn't get to finish his story.

Yeah, it's probably Bendis.

What if Bendis drops Action Comics to write Batman?
Action is the better Bendis Superman book. Superman is just endless Rogaine Zerb.

god damnit DC that's a good-ass logo you evil corporation

It is. Hopefully they're keeping Snyder for the long term. His run is good shit.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Action Comics #1011 - Dammit Bendis - you got me, I'll buy Event Leviathan #1. At some point he's going to be stuck on DC's equivalent of GOTG or X-Men, which he doesn't understand or honestly care much about, but right now he's got the DC sandbox and it looks like he's picked up all his favorite toys. Manhunter, Question, Green Arrow, Lois Lane - that's just gonna be a fun lineup.

Terrifics #16 - I'm seeing it now, and realizing it goes back to New Super-Man... Yang does a great job with classic feeling comics. He remind me a lot of Greg Pak - I'm just now realizing that I'm into New Super-Man and Totally Awesome Hulk for very, very similar reasons. A great balance between character drama, fun interplay, and fluffy plot with lots of momentum. Like, Mr. Terrific's dialogue, Plas as a lapsed Catholic with that deep-seated fear of god, the touch of teen drama with Offspring... it's good stuff, very well balanced.

Runaways #21 - Nice to see Chase get some focus here, as he's been stuck in the background for most of the run. He's had a bit of a savior complex for a long, long time now, and it's cool to have that fleshed out. Still enjoying Molly's arc through the whole series, and still have no idea what they plan on doing with Gib.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Look on the bright side there might be an amazing writer on Batman next.
Or it might be Bendis.
Sometimes you just gotta roll them dice.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
So "City of Bane" is supposed to be #75 - #82. A fallout story from that was supposed to be #83-87. After that, King was planning on wrapping up his run with 12-15 issues as a coda.

So we're basically losing the coda. Maybe DC tries and does right(er) by King and do a few specials or annuals along with his shortened run to get more of his intended stuff in there? I'm sure "City of Bane" can get a one-shot to absorb some lost issues if they gave "Night of the Monsters" a few specials.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Of course it is.

After Detective, never sleep on Tynion.
Tynion's run on Tec was the best X-Men book we've had in years. A Bat-Team book should be a permanent fixture, and it shouldn't be the Outsiders.

Look on the bright side there might be an amazing writer on Batman next.
Or it might be Bendis.
Sometimes you just gotta roll them dice.
Honestly, I think Bendis on Batman would probably work, especially if the Leviathan Rising buildup is any indication. I mean, it's pretty much a story we would've expected to unfold in Batman anyway.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
I'm have kinda mixed feelings about Kings early departure, on one hand I think overall the book dipped heavily in quality before the wedding issue and the overall plot that was revealed in issue 50 wasn't exactly handled well either. But some of the problems I have with the story could still be explained and I would have given King the benefit of the doubt until the run came to an conclusion. With the run cut short the question will be what will be cut, am I going to get the answers on the questions I have or are we going to get a much less decompressed comic, which could result in a better book.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
If we get Action Comics Bendis on Batman I'm totally on board. Would also be a nice relief from the constant angsty stuff from King given AC's tone.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Started reading Morrison's Green Lantern. Up to issue 3 now.
You can really tell he's having a whale of a time on this one.
Grant Morrison is the one guy where I can really feel how much he loves how insane and goofy superhero comics really are. He revells in it.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been a huge fan of Tom King's run but I do think the newest arcs have not been as strong as the first couple. It seems like at some point he kinda just didn't know what to do and would have a lot of filler stories.

Lots of wheel spinning.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Whats a good horror comic.

Not a dark comic, but something that'll leave you up at night after reading it

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Going through the upcoming collections/omnis im planning on getting this year. Amazon still has the Absolute Swamp Thing listed as coming July 2nd, is that right? I thought it was delayed till October?

Really looking forward to getting Batman Eternal and Snyder's Batman omnis.
Whats a good horror comic.

Not a dark comic, but something that'll leave you up at night after reading it
Nailbiter? Havent read it yet, but I hear good things.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
For someone that adored Chris Hastings Gwenpool how is she handled in West Coast Avengers? I dont really care about the team just her but im aware how some characters lose direction from different authors

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Heh, I somehow missed it the first time
5e041bff-700e-4c1d-a44jva.jpeg

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
DC is just going to be shooting itself in the foot ending King's run now. The time to pull the plug was around issue 50, when we are so close to the finish line you might as well let King cross it. However it was always arrogant of King to assume he was guaranteed 100 issues of Batman. That's incredibly rare in this modern industry and you should never take that as guaranteed.
Here, here.
Put Snyder on Superman.
still trying to remember what emotions if any I got from Superman Unchained
It was yet another Superman story about a Not!Doomsday, but it wasn't too bad. Snyder wouldn't be interested however. He wants to do creator owned stuff and the only DC characters he's explicitly mentioned as wanting are Swamp Thing and Wonder Woman.
What if Bendis drops Action Comics to write Batman?

Yes
Action is the better book so I'd be really sad. Rogal is whatever, Bendis needs to get me to care about his OC.
What if King gets Superman and Bendis gets Batman?
His "Up in the Sky" actually hasn't been that bad from the few issues I've managed to read. I'd read King Superman. Bendis Batman actually seems like a good fit: Street-level crime with Bendis love for noir sounds interesting. And you'd get Maleev on art for sure.
If he went to Batman they'd obviously get someone new for Superman
Yang, Loveness, or Seeley would be my choices. But I think Taylor might have a better shot at getting Batman then Bendis. He already wrote the Annual after all.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
DC is just going to be shooting itself in the foot ending King's run now. The time to pull the plug was around issue 50, when we are so close to the finish line you might as well let King cross it. However it was always arrogant of King to assume he was guaranteed 100 issues of Batman. That's incredibly rare in this modern industry and you should never take that as guaranteed.
DC probably ok'd his plans for 100 issues.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
DC probably ok'd his plans for 100 issues.
You think the WB/AT&T higher-ups vetoed this? That's a possibility, they got spooked after DC let Azzarelo and Bermejo show some Bat-dick. But I thought King said he met with the higher-ups and they approved his endgame? Seems stupid to walk that back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.