• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane?

• Mary Jane

Votes: 65 58.0%
  • Gwen Stacy

Votes: 47 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
You think the WB/AT&T higher-ups vetoed this? That's a possibility, they got spooked after DC let Azzarelo and Bermejo show some Bat-dick. But I thought King said he met with the higher-ups and they approved his endgame? Seems stupid to walk that back now.
That would make the most sense based on what we know. He has been talking about these plans for years up until a week ago and as you said DC approved his plans.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually wrapping up on my reread of Batman Inc. Such a fun series. And it had it's share of continuity shuffling to, what with Steph written as Batgirl, then New 52 hitting so she was changed to be Spoiler, then the powers that be deciding that was dumb and making her Batgirl again cause whatever it wasn't in main continuity anymore.
The continuity reboot hit the women the worse in Morrison's run. You can tell he was setting up various ladies to help in the last leg of his run, but Nu52 fucked that up. Barbera was getting upgraded with the Internet 3.0 Batgirl/Oracle thing, but then whoops she's young again and not in a wheelchair cuz killing joke never happen(or did it? man IDK). Cassandra Cain whole "Black Bat" persona goes away cuz that character doesn't exist anymore. Stephanie Brown Batgirl had to go away, RIP. And Catwoman's status quo and history with Bruce was totally up in the air after the reboot, so RIP Selena after their fun team-up in Japan.

Also Dick Grayson in that red Nightwing outfit the whole run, RIP Two Batman of Gotham they had going on.

IMG_4920.jpg

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
You think the WB/AT&T higher-ups vetoed this? That's a possibility, they got spooked after DC let Azzarelo and Bermejo show some Bat-dick. But I thought King said he met with the higher-ups and they approved his endgame? Seems stupid to walk that back now.
The fuck does AT&T know about comics? Maybe they just put #100 on Tom King's final issue over the real number. Just like they did with "5G" on their phones and tablets.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
The fuck does AT&T know about comics? Maybe they just put #100 on Tom King's final issue over the real number. Just like they did with "5G" on their phones and tablets.
I mean I'd be surprised if they even gave a shit about what Tom King did on a monthly comic book that sells at best 100k a month. You'd think the only "Batman" related piece of media they'd care about is the upcoming Reeves movie, and how well Batman merchandise sold this year.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
The continuity reboot hit the women the worse in Morrison's run. You can tell he was setting up various ladies to help in the last leg of his run, but Nu52 fucked that up. Barbera was getting upgraded with the Internet 3.0 Batgirl/Oracle thing, but then whoops she's young again and not in a wheelchair cuz killing joke never happen(or did it? man IDK). Cassandra Cain whole "Black Bat" persona goes away cuz that character doesn't exist anymore. Stephanie Brown Batgirl had to go away, RIP. And Catwoman's status quo and history with Bruce was totally up in the air after the reboot, so RIP Selena after their fun team-up in Japan.

Also Dick Grayson in that red Nightwing outfit the whole run, RIP Two Batman of Gotham they had going on.

IMG_4920.jpg

Yeah the shoehorning of New 52 elements was a bummer. Would have liked if the run stayed pre52 but I'm sure they wanted a Morrison book for their fledgling line.

The women truly got fucked over in the reboot, you spelling it out like that even for just the Bat Family side of things really highlighted it. Bleh.

Maybe they'll get it right this time? I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Oh man, the amount of grown women that would be under bendis' pen in a batman run.

That's a yikes.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the continuity stuff was fixed in the Absolute Edition for Batman Inc. I mean they couldnt fix everything obviously, but they did what they could.

Speaking of, Im trying to finish Final Crisis so I can finally move on to Morrison's Batman and Robin, and then Inc. While also trying to get through AoA and Onslaught lol. (these are my goals before Summer break ends) Just got to the Legion of 3 Worlds stuff in the Final Crisis Omni today before I stopped. I didnt know it was also a Superboy Prime story!

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I think a pure batman story that is 100% just batman might work under bendis

A Batman that includes the batfamily

giphy.gif

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
AT&T has allegedly been very hands on with other properties since their acquisition of WB (like HBO). Because of that, I could see a combination of two things happening:

1) Someone at WB/AT&T got spooked and opted to cut King's run short since it was selling below 100k and wasn't producing material in the flagship Batman book that would be adaptable in other media the same way other writers like Snyder and Morrison had in The Court of Owls and Batman & Son. They decided to accelerate King's exit by six months so they can start working on the next "content farm."

2) The "big change" isn't actually vetoed and still goes through as planned in issue #75. We're so close to that issue and unless we see a delay of the issue or immediate retcon (a la Magneto and Xorn), the approved changes are coming.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Unstoppable Wasp: Good shit, Guruhiru is back, it's cute, of course the twist is looking obvious and oh right, we had villains.
giphy.gif

Runaways: Someone give Molly a hug and Chase doing things!

Iron Man: 2020 starts now. Looks like Armor Battle stuff and half of the cast is gone. Slott ditching Amanda and Jocasta feels odd but I guess with the Realms stuff and the miniarc with Carol, it seems Slott will be on autopilot moment wise til IM 2020

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the continuity stuff was fixed in the Absolute Edition for Batman Inc. I mean they couldnt fix everything obviously, but they did what they could.

Speaking of, Im trying to finish Final Crisis so I can finally move on to Morrison's Batman and Robin, and then Inc. While also trying to get through AoA and Onslaught lol. (these are my goals before Summer break ends) Just got to the Legion of 3 Worlds stuff in the Final Crisis Omni today before I stopped. I didnt know it was also a Superboy Prime story!

Have you read Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes by Johns? It's good to read that before Legion of Three Worlds.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Five chapters in, I'd recommend Planetary to someone that liked Hickman's F4 far before whatever Slott is writing. Simple concept that's interested in really fun sci-fi adventures while developing a bigger background mystery.

Also where do I start with The Authority? They mentioned both Jenny Sparks and The Bleed in the last issue, so I'm starting to see how it fits with the DCU.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
For someone that adored Chris Hastings Gwenpool how is she handled in West Coast Avengers? I dont really care about the team just her but im aware how some characters lose direction from different authors
Definitely a step down, more similar to harley quinn sadly, but still pretty fun. The new Gwenpool book that just got announced is very promising though, i have complete faith in the writer.

I was just reading this week's Action Comics. The 12chan reference is already gone on digital 😂
What did they change it to?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Five chapters in, I'd recommend Planetary to someone that liked Hickman's F4 far before whatever Slott is writing. Simple concept that's interested in really fun sci-fi adventures while developing a bigger background mystery.

Also where do I start with The Authority? They mentioned both Jenny Sparks and The Bleed in the last issue, so I'm starting to see how it fits with the DCU.
Just read the Warren Ellis issues. He did 12 issues.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
What if Yotsuba is too wholesome?

Maybe if they have her a pistol.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up Astro City: Ordinary Heroes. Such a brilliant volume. I loved loved loved the wrap-up of Marta's arc after 20 (!) years. I remember reading her story when I was younger and didn't really understand her decision of going back to Shadow Hill tbh. But now I read that decision differently and these two new issues expand on that so well. I also loved how the fight between the Silver Adept and the Gods/Elder Gods is basically a contract negotiation and going over legalese and spell wordings.

WyecWVX.jpg

uvdfNpN.jpg

The Manta and Kittyhawk one shots were fun too.

OYmoaSg.png

What if Yotsuba is too wholesome?

Maybe if they have her a pistol.

DFG2vjC.png

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017

You can just read The Authority by him. If you want more before that, you can read his run on Stormwatch first.

Oct 25, 2017
I have an internal dilemma right now on whether or not I shell out $80 for the Young Avengers omni. It's a hefty price but looks to be OOP? But it's one of the best Marvel runs I've read and definitely way up there with my all time favs Fraction/Aja Hawkeye and Slott/Allred Surfer

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Squirrel Girl is ending in August. I haven't read it since Henderson left, how are the Derek Charm drawn issues?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Squirrel Girl is ending in August. I haven't read it since Henderson left, how are the Derek Charm drawn issues?

:(

The previews I've seen for the first couple of issues of his make it look like a paint by numbers YA artstyle but some of the previews of the later issues seem to have improved a little. Plan to catch up on the rest whenever I guess.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
To be fair Squirrel Girl had a hell of a run 30+ issues, in todays Marvel. That's damn good.

Only marvel solos I can remember having runs that long in the last half a decade are... Ms. Marvel and Spider-Gwen and those two didn't even run as long as Squirrel Girl.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair Squirrel Girl had a hell of a run 30+ issues, in todays Marvel. That's damn good.

Only marvel solos I can remember having runs that long in the last half a decade are... Ms. Marvel and Spider-Gwen and those two didn't even run as long as Squirrel Girl.

True, 53 issues is a damned good length in 2019. And with just two artists (39 Henderson and 14 Charm).

Wait, 58 issues? So I guess They will run to September?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
4WRAN, which I think we can safely say is just some made up nonsense (as originally intended!)

Sounds like a radio station.

lol
and a director's cut of Avengers: Endgame wherein it is revealed that the master of illusion Mysterio simply made it APPEAR like it was a rat who stepped on that control panel that accidentally freed Ant-Man from the Quantum Realm at the start of Endgame—thereby becoming directly responsible for saving half of all life on Earth—when it was actually a very special squirrel in a pink bow that did it with full intentionality. I can only assume this special Correct Edition Blu-Ray is being released soon."

So final arc starts in August, ending on #50. 58 issues and 1 OGN.

stOQfZB.png

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I almost want to make a deal with Mephisto just to have Marvel stop shoving Carol into every freaking book.

Status
Not open for further replies.