• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane?

• Mary Jane

Votes: 65 58.0%
  • Gwen Stacy

Votes: 47 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Higgins is pissed about this Tom King stuff lol.

$10

Is anyone surprised?
I expected it to be more lol. At least $15. But $10 is probably the most they could get people to pay for the actual issue.

I dont see it selling anywhere close to 1 million though lol. It might hit 250K, but thats pushing it imo.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolute Carnage being four issues is for the best. The original Maximum Carnage was supposed to just be this dumb summer blockbuster event, some splashy fight scenes with big heroes and big villains, and then it's over. But it went in for FOURTEEN FUCKIN ISSUES, and became a prime example of 90s comic excess. If it was just a four issue story, it would've been fine. So if you're gonna non ironically do a Maximum Carnage 2, with the benefit of hindsight, that's the first thing you change.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Tom King off Batman is the best news. Give the title to Tomasi or JTIV pls

And wtf Batman hit Robin?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
That'll be a six issue mini.

Despite Bombshell being great and having one of the best outfits ever.

It could be about her reforming her mom. I'd totally be into it.

2f090021-d86f-4deb-aaykxa.jpeg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The #1 issue is basically the first 2-3 issues combined and it's then spread out to October. Same thing with Realms, it seems Akira-san's learned lessons from -Wars-CW2-Empire.
The best lesson they learned IMO is to not force your tie ins in the actual main books. So glad they stopped doing that shit. Like having a CW2 tie in right in the middle of the Power Man and Iron Fist book lol. So dumb.

Oct 25, 2017
The best lesson they learned IMO is to not force your tie ins in the actual main books. So glad they stopped doing that shit. Like having a CW2 tie in right in the middle of the Power Man and Iron Fist book lol. So dumb.

They are doing this right now w/WOTR though. There are a few tie-in minis but ongoing books are already tying in or will be over the next couple months. Luckily Hulk isn't included but some others like Venom are

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I had never even thought of it until you mentioning it, but North on Deadpool could be great and would definitely get me to read Deadpool. Him or Ewing is who I'm hoping for now.
Right? I was thinking of a book for him and I thought of Deadpool and it seems like a perfect match. He could definitely balance the humor with the more serious bits well.
I'm surprised it took eight months for Marvel to bring Lady Ock back and redesign her like the film.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNTYvMzM4L29yaWdpbmFsL0FTTTIwMTgwMjdfY292LmpwZz8xNTU4NjI3MDM3
Always happy to see Janice back

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
That and keeping the events short. Carnage is doing the smart thing and not forcing a tie in. The only major tie ins is Venom and Amazing Spidey.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the tie in thing is probably opt in. Like Ryan north loves the war of the realms thing and Loki is a significant character in his run, so when they threw the idea out there he probably jumped in board himself.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
Absolute Carnage being four issues is for the best. The original Maximum Carnage was supposed to just be this dumb summer blockbuster event, some splashy fight scenes with big heroes and big villains, and then it's over. But it went in for FOURTEEN FUCKIN ISSUES, and became a prime example of 90s comic excess. If it was just a four issue story, it would've been fine. So if you're gonna non ironically do a Maximum Carnage 2, with the benefit of hindsight, that's the first thing you change.
Issue #1 is 72 pages though. Issue #2 is 40. This is 2019 excess.

I'm betting they were originally going to try for weekly on this but decided to clear the deck for Marvel #1000.

Side note: How many of the top 10 does Marvel grab in August? At least 7-8 right?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
No Skottie Deadpool, makes sense since he said he was leaving but looks like they'll save the next series till post House/Powers which is weird, he hasn't really done shit with the X Men in years.

Shuri is gone too but BP is back on Earth and her series becomes moot now.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I see the software update notification now lol.

BC posted a follow up article regarding Tom King. Sounds like the higher ups really didn't like his run. Bob Harris named as one. Said it's not what they want on the actual flagship book. The sales drop was just the excuse they needed.

But they say he can wrap up his story in the Catwoman book or a mini lol.

Bendis will probably take over at #100. The rumored Ellis/Hitch story might fill the gap from then till #100.

of course it's that piece of shit Bob Harras

OF GODDAMN COURSE

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
of course it's that piece of shit Bob Harras

OF GODDAMN COURSE
Remember the time Harras shielded a man harassing women for years if not decades, punished the victims, only got rid of the dude when major media picked up on the story(and it was the higher ups who made the decision), and never even commented or on it?

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
I see the software update notification now lol.

BC posted a follow up article regarding Tom King. Sounds like the higher ups really didn't like his run. Bob Harris named as one. Said it's not what they want on the actual flagship book. The sales drop was just the excuse they needed.

But they say he can wrap up his story in the Catwoman book or a mini lol.

Bendis will probably take over at #100. The rumored Ellis/Hitch story might fill the gap from then till #100.
Of course it was a higher up the one who wanted this ugggh (And Bob Harras from all people, of course).

Hopefully the internet reaction makes them change their mind and let King finish his run. Even without all the problems I really enjoy it!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe King should do a Hellblazer run. I would read that.
That would be cool. I've always wanted to read a more modern Hellblazer book. The original run just seems so daunting to me lol. Although, I would want something longer than just 12 issues.

Of course it was a higher up the one who wanted this ugggh (And Bob Harras from all people, of course).

Hopefully the internet reaction makes them change their mind and let King finish his run. Even without all the problems I really enjoy it!
That wont change their minds. It will probably be finished, just in a separate title. My main takeaway is that this wouldnt have been an issue if it was on any other book other than the main Batman book. Had King been writing Tec this whole time, he would have been able to finish no problem.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
1$ for Evey Al Ewing page.
Okay that seems fair

Yeah this is what had me consider whether I read west coast avengers or just jump straight into the new ongoing
Honestly WCA is more of a Hawkeye & Friends book. And Gwenpool in that series is weird cause like 60% of the time she's Harley-lite and the rest of the time she's... normal? It's a bummer cause she loses her powers which sucks, but she also dates Quentin Quire and surprisingly that relationship works very well
I'd say that if you just want Gwenpool, skip it, unless you want more Hawkeye

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Remember the time Harras shielded a man harassing women for years if not decades, punished the victims, only got rid of the dude when major media picked up on the story(and it was the higher ups who made the decision), and never even commented or on it?

The problem with Bleeding Cool is that I'm gonna believe any story that hinges on the fact Bob Harras is a total piece of shit, because by almost all accounts ever he is a total piece of shit. That part is always gonna be accurate.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's something incredibly depressing about that Spider-Man Life Story cover, the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.