• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane?

• Mary Jane

Votes: 65 58.0%
  • Gwen Stacy

Votes: 47 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
headerpzko6.png

dclocn7.png

dc1cskng.png

dc2whkml.png

Batman: Last Knight on Earth #1 By Snyder, Capullo, Glapion (May 29th) - Bruce Wayne wakes up in Arkham Asylum. Young. Sane. And...he was never Batman. So begins this sprawling tale of the Dark Knight as he embarks on a quest through a devastated DC landscape featuring a massive cast of familiar faces from the DC Universe. As he tries to piece together the mystery of his past, he must unravel the cause of this terrible future and track down the unspeakable force that destroyed the world as he knew it…

DC's Year of the Villain #1 By Bendis, Snyder, Tynion IV, Cheung, Maleev, Manapul (May 1st) - Evil is winning! Lex Luthor and The Legion of Doom conspire with Cosmic Gods, bending mankind toward a dark destiny. Elsewhere, the scourge of Leviathan spreads unchecked, seizing power in every corner of the world. And all the while the Batman Who Laughs busies himself in the shadows, aligned with no one—yet with sinister plans for all. The carnage starts here as the badguys take center stage in "The Year of the Villain," the most treacherous event in DC Comics history. Some act with united goals, others with plans selfish and secret, every one of them on a monstrous collision course against Batman, Superman and the heroes of the DC Universe. And our heroes will fail us. Don't miss the start of "The Year of the Villain

DCEASED #1 By Taylor, Harsine, Gaudiano, Harren (May 1st) - "I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was Death, and Hades was following close behind him."—Revelation 6:8 . A mysterious techno-virus has been released on Earth, infecting 600 million people and turning them instantly into violent, monstrous engines of destruction. The heroes of the DCU are caught completely unprepared for a pandemic of this magnitude and struggle to save their loved ones first…but what happens to the World's Greatest Heroes if the world ends?

Superman: Leviathan Rising Special #1 By Bendis, Fraction, Rucka, Andreyko, Paquette, Lieber, Perkins (May 29th) - An all-star roster of writers and artists highlight the new threat of Leviathan, but also tees up new ongoing series for Jimmy Olsen by writer Matt Fraction and artist Steve Lieber, and Lois Lane by writer Greg Rucka and artist Mike Perkins, coming in June! As Leviathan enacts a plan to take down Superman, it's up to Lois, Jimmy and the heroes of the DC Universe to rescue the Man of Steel.

Batman and the Outsiders #1 By Hill, Soy (May 8th) - Several years ago Batman personally put the Barrera family into hiding after they suffered through terrible experiments at the hands of an organization called the Ark. Now all but one of them have turned up dead...and Batman needs to locate Sofia Barrera before the wrong people get their hands on her—and her surprising power! But it wouldn't be Batman without a hidden agenda, would it? And when Black Lightning, Katana, the Signal and Orphan find out what Batman is really up to, their every loyalty will be called into question.

Heroes in Crisis #9 By King, Mann (May 22nd) - The most-talked-about miniseries of the year reaches its stunning finale! The mystery behind the murders at Sanctuary is solved, but the mind behind it is one the heroes never expected. With their deepest secrets exposed, the Trinity has to consider how to carry on. Should the tragedy cause them to redouble their efforts to help their hurting comrades, or will they need to close up shop? The answers will be found in the ashes of this final showdown, and the fates of Booster Gold, Harley Quinn and the rest hang in the balance.

Dog Days of Summer #1 By Wilson, Williamson, Tamaki, DiDio, Kelly, Lanzing, Sejic, Hamner and more (May 29th) - "Who let the dogs out?" DC does this summer as we unleash the beast within and join Krypto and Superman, Bat-Cow and Batman, Wonder Woman and Ferdinand and many more for eight sun-kissed stories in this can't-miss animal-sized spectacular!

Batman #70 By Janin, King (May 1st) - "The Fall and the Fallen" begins! This is the one you've been waiting for! Now that Batman has escaped the "Knightmares," he's starting to see the forces rallying against him—and that his father from another universe has joined the other side. The Caped Crusader finally digs into the mystery of how Thomas Wayne, a.k.a. the Flashpoint Batman, escaped the collapse of his dimension and ended up in this part of the Multiverse. Get all the answers in this new five-part story paving the way for the next big BATMAN event!

Detective Comics Annual #2 By Tomasi, Moore (May 29th) - After years on the shelf, Batman returns to the Black Casebook! Throughout his career, Batman has compiled his most disturbing cases into one volume, its every page filled with bizarre horror and crimes he never quite managed to solve. Now a case from the past has re-opened itself in the here and now…and Batman will find himself face-to-face again with one of the deadliest villains he fought in his early years: the Reaper!

The Flash #70 By Williamson, Prter (May 8th) - "The Flash Year One" starts here! Barry Allen feels helpless in his life in Central City. As a forensic scientist, he's always catching criminals after they've committed their crimes. All that changes one fateful night when Barry is struck by a bolt of lightning and doused in chemicals. When he wakes from a coma, he realizes he can run at incredible speeds. Can Barry master these powers and be the hero his city needs...or will the powers burn through him?

Harley Quinn #61 By Humphries, Schmidt (May 1st) - Harley travels to Gotham City to blow off some steam with her friend Catwoman in the best way she knows how—no, not a bank robbery—game night! But the good, clean fun soon turns into a nightmare when they discover that the game is cursed, and that they've inadvertently turned Gotham City into something straight out of a fantasy RPG! Now, with the entire city gone insane, Harley Quinn is the only one who remembers reality…but will anyone believe her?

Doomsday Clock #10 By Johns, Frank (May 29th...maybe?) - This stunning issue of the critically acclaimed hit maxiseries reveals the secrets behind Dr. Manhattan and his connection to the DC Universe.

marvelqii7t.png

mar1t9kl5.png

mar2bskbo.png

War of the Realms Strikeforce: The Dark Elf Realm #1 By Hill, Yu (May 8th) - THE PUNISHER LEADS THE CHARGE TO SHUT DOWN THE BLACK BIFROST! Deep in the swamps of Svartalfheim stands the Black Bifrost, Malekith's corrupted Rainbow Bridge and the only reliable means of travel between the realms with the true Bifrost in pieces. If the gods are going to stop Malekith's invasion, the Black Bridge must fall. With her son missing and husband injured, Lady Freyja must take up the challenge herself. But she won't go alone. Hulk (Jen Walters), the Punisher, Blade and Ghost Rider follow the All-Mother of Asgard straight into Malekith's home territory!

War of the Realms Strikeforce: The War Avengers #1 By Hopeless, Jacinto (May 15th) - CAPTAIN MARVEL AND HER WAR AVENGERS HOLD THE FRONTLINE! While two other Strikeforce teams head out to other realms, Captain Marvel leads the fight to reclaim the Earth! But even with a crew of heavy hitters (Weapon H, Captain Britain, Venom, Deadpool) and two of the best spies on the planet (the Winter Soldier and the Black Widow), Carol's fighting a losing game. Malekith's allies are without number — and the battlefield bigger than any Carol's commanded before. Time to lay it all out on the line — and fight for a miracle.

War of the Realms Strikeforce: The Land of Giants #1 By Taylor, Molina (May 22nd) - THE GOD OF THUNDER IS TRAPPED IN THE LAND OF ICE AND SNOW…And it's up to Captain America to rescue him before all is lost! Taking up Thor's ax, Jarnbjorn, Cap and his team—Spider-Man, Wolverine, Luke Cage and Iron Fist—invade the Frost Giant realm in search of their fellow Avenger. But this rescue mission will cost far more than they expect.

War of the Realms: Spider-Man & the League of Realms #1 By Ryan, Leon (May 15th) - In order to win the War of the Realms, we need a LEAGUE OF REALMS!
• Thor once led this team with one representive from each fantastical realm, but the League has a NEW leader and representative of Midgard- SPIDER-MAN!
• Spider-Man must Frodo-Up and lead this ragtag group of SCREWBEARD THE DWARF, UD THE TROLL, RO BLOODROOT THE WIZARD, SIR IVORY HONEYSHOT THE LIGHT ELF and TITANYA THE MOUNTAIN GIANT! But who will represent ASGARD?!
• And, as Spidey is a terrible leader, could this team possibly achieve ANYTHING?!

War of the Realms: New Agents of Atlas #1 By Pak, Hyuk Lim (May 15th) - As Sindr, Immortal Queen of Muspelheim, and her legions of Fire Demons march on Asia, it's time for a new band of heroes to unite to protect the Pacific Rim. Having brought together a ragtag team of heroes to defend the Earth from an alien invasion in the past, can Amadeus Cho reassemble his "protectors" -- Shang-Chi, Silk and Jimmy Woo to save the world from incineration? And where is Kamala Khan? And just who are Crescent, Io and Luna Snow??? Featuring Marvel's newest heroes from China, Aero and Sword Master, and a mysterious new Filipino heroine named WAVE!

Giant-Man #1 By Williams, Castiello (May 15th) - At the behest of All-Mother Freyja, four men must rise to monstrous heights and infiltrate the most savage territory of New Jotunheim: Florida!

Savage Avengers #1 By Duggan, Deodato Jr (May 8th) - The most savage, most unkillable team of characters in the Marvel Universe is assembled! Wolverine! Venom! Elektra! Punisher! And in their midst – Conan the Barbarian! Conan has returned to the Marvel Universe and his new adventures begin here. What is the City of Sickles? Who is the Marrow God? How is the Hand involved? The roughest and most dangerous characters rumble through this new title starting with...Conan vs. Wolverine? 'Nuff said.

Fantastic Four #10 By Slott, Caselli (May 29th) - Don't bring your war to Yancy Street…

Tony Stark: Iron Man #12 By Simone, Villanelli (May 22nd) - A war needs weapons — but Tony Stark once vowed that he'd never build weapons again!
So why's he hunkered down with Screwbeard the Dwarf in Avengers Mountain? And what is he making?

Guardians of the Galaxy #5 By Cates, Shaw (May 22nd) - Hela hath no fury! At the mercy of the Goddess of Death! Hela's dreams of resurrecting Thanos are finally within reach…But what will the Guardians have to sacrifice in order to prevent that?

Ironheart #6 By Ewing, Libranda (May 15th) - Miles Morales has gone missing! Who better to search for him than someone he's never actually gotten along that well with?! Riri and Miles find themselves caught in an unexpected trap and will have to work together if they're going to make it out in one piece.

X-23 #12 By Tamaki, Olortegui (May 29th) - What truths lie behind the Harvest Company? And does it mean the end for Laura and Gabby Kinney?

image7weal.png

image1cskoz.png

image23dkds.png

East of West #43 By Hickman, Dragotta (May 8th) -"FAMINE" Five years of storytelling have led to this! The final arc of EAST OF WEST begins now. You wanted the End Times—well, here they come!

Isola #8 By Kerschl, Fletcher, M.Sassy.K (May 29th) - A stranger leads Olwyn and Rook to question their journey.

Middlewest #7 By Young, Corona (May 22nd) - Just as the chance for a new life was starting to come together, Abel spirals out of control again and his adoptive family gets caught in the storm.

Monstress #22 By Liu, Takeda (May 22nd) - Maika is forced to rethink her entire past and future when she finds herself in the center of a dangerous conspiracy against the Known World.

Murder Falcon #8 By Johnson, Spicer (May 8th) - DANIEL WARREN JOHNSON's power ballad concludes in a brutal battle of the bands! The members of Brooticus have come too far to allow Magnum Khaos to reign on Earth. Strap on your axe, join the battle, and remember: METAL WILL DESTROY ALL EVIL!

Paper Girls #28 By Vaughan, Chiang, Wilson (May 1st) - PART THREE OF THE FINAL ARC! Experience four timelines simultaneously in this tour de force issue.

Snotgirl #14 By O'Malley, Hung (May 22nd) - The boys go out to celebrate Ashley's bachelor party. Lottie lies low following an embarrassing incident. The past haunts Virgil. Wow, it sounds so cool when you put it in short, declarative sentences! Nice!

Wicked + The Divine #44 By Gillen, McKelvie, Wilson (May 15th) - "OKAY," Part Five There's one "i" in "decide" but two in "deicide." I'm not sure if that tells you anything, but it sounds pretty enigmatic, right?

Unnatural #9 By Mirka Andolfo (May 8th) - THE LAST ACT OF MIRKA ANDOLFO'S SOLD-OUT HIT SERIES! Newspapers call her a killer, her allies are dead or beaten to a pulp, and her enemies are closing in on her. Oh, and she still has a major "inner demons" problem to face. So let's agree that Leslie's not in a good spot right now and just leave it there, all right? As we enter the third and final act of MIRKA ANDOLFO's epic, things get pretty serious; we learn more about the world of UNNATURAL and the secret origins of the Glance. Will Leslie be strong enough to survive all this, or is this really the end of the line for her?

TzEPo9P.png

etc5qjl3.png

Five Years #1 By Terry Moore (May 29th) - Five Years weaves the many strands of the "Terryverse" into one epic saga, years in the making! A dangerous paper written by Lilith has been leaked to the nations of the world containing a formula for the ultimate weapon, and now labs around the globe are attempting to build and test the Phi Bomb. Tambi, in an all-out effort to find the labs and stop them, has enlisted the help of Ivy Raven, Julie Martin, Rachel and Zoe. Meanwhile, Katchoo and Francine have moved their household - including the kid's new bodyguard, Samantha Locklear - to the beach where Katchoo devises her own solution to the problem...

Archie #705 By Spencer, Jarrellm Herms, Morelli (May 15th) - ARCHIE AND SABRINA starts here! A new era begins as the enchanting romance between Archie and Sabrina intensifies! But what does that mean for everyone else in Archie's life?

Blossoms 666 #4 By Bunn, Braga (May 29th) - A mysterious stranger has appeared in Riverdale, and he has designs on the infernal crown of the Anti-Christ! But Cheryl and Jason are not sitting idly by while someone steals their birthright! The twins have put aside their differences in order to take down this pretender to the throne!

Sabrina the Teenage Witch #2 By Thompson, Fish, Morelli (May 1st) - Very weird goings-on in the town of Greendale are making Sabrina Spellman's relocation to Greendale High...complicated. Protecting her friends, saving her family, solving a supernatural mystery, and keeping her witch nature a secret is starting to seem impossible. Something's gotta give...but which one will it be and what will it mean for her future in Greendale?!

Giant Days #50 By Allison, Sarin (May 1st) - In times of a disastrous norovirus outbreak in McGraw's for-fun cricket team, Susan, Esther, and Daisy are called upon to defend McGraw's sportly honor. Taking up the bats of his fallen mates and donning their cricket whites, it's a sporting adventure the girls had literally never anticipated! Can Susan be genteel and sportsmanlike? Can Esther stop goofing off? Will Daisy prove the greatest cricketer of all time?

Red Sonja and Vampirella meet Betty and Veronica #1 By Chu, Sanapo (May 8th) - Mystery, murder, and mayhem descends on Riverdale as four of your favorite comic book women meet for the first time. A string of paranormal, unsolved murders leads the vampire hunter Vampirella and her sword-wielding barbarian partner Red Sonja to the small, sleepy town where things always seem to happen… There they discover Betty and Veronica, investigative reporters for the high school newspaper, also hot on the trail of the same killer.

YhnAhvs.png

-If you must post a spoilery panel or a page from a manga (recent or otherwise), please link to them with a proper spoiler warning.
-Please at least allow one week before posting unmarked spoilers.
- Use common sense when it comes to older spoilers. Its easy to use a spoiler tag and has the same effect.
-Announcements/Solicitations are not spoiler worthy, no need to tag
- Don't spoiler tag images, it doesn't work on mobile so its not reliable.
-MARK YOUR SPOILERS

tenor.gif

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone wanted to be distraught at how poorly their favorite series is selling, the actual March sales #s are up on comichron. Too lazy to link on mobile.

Also Ahmed is hyping up some Miles stuff that's in September, guessing that'll be the Peter vs. Miles thing we'll learn about in the FCBD issue... speaking of which I'm going to check that out at my LCS, not expecting to actually get anything but we'll see how it goes.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance one of you could pick up the 'Our Favorite Thing Is My Favorite Thing Is Monsters' mini from the FCBD for me? I have people visiting and we are going trekking, can't make it to my LCS. :(

That Doomsday Clock entry in the OP is optimistic...

Collected editions list for this month for me :
Astro City Aftermaths (Last volume :( )
Usagi Yojimbo Saga v8

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Ah the new fresh thread smell

Pity there isn't many comics this week I'm interested in

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find that on the whole my comic purchases are way down. CMX sales go ignored, and I've dropped to buying a mere 4-5 books per week. I used to be at like 8-11.

Same. I'm playing catch up with some series like Atomic Robo and IDW TMNT, but for the most part I don't really follow much in the way of ongoing comics, just collections of old stuff.

Thankfully I did the sensible thing and decided to take that money and spend it on Ultraman, Vinland Saga and JoJo.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Theres a ton of stuff out tomorrow lol. Way bigger than most weeks for myself.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
I'm currently revisiting Johns' 2006 JSA run.

It's got its ups and downs but damn, no one makes superheroes feel greater than he does. I want Doomsday Clock to end yesterday so he can start writing them again.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently revisiting Johns' 2006 JSA run.

It's got its ups and downs but damn, no one makes superheroes feel greater than he does. I want Doomsday Clock to end yesterday so he can start writing them again.

I'm no fan of Johns but he is able to crank out some spectacular comics when he really tries.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Now that I'm getting back into comics I can't decide if I want to stick with trades or go fully back to single issues. I really enjoy having new issues to read each week but I also find that I don't tend to re-read them as much as I do full trades.

Deleted member 20202

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cymru
Just got the Nailbiter vol 1 hardcover for £16 did I make a bad call? It seems to have decent reviews?

Think I spent £300 on Omnis and hardcovers last month. I need help.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Good runs that end with an Event? ie: Hickman's Avengers and Infinity/Secret Wars, Uncanny Avengers and AXIS. Green Lantern and Sinestro Corps War/Blackest Night.

Its rare since most comic runs these days get cancelled before they get a chance to have an epic finish, but thats something I really enjoy for the most part.

Captain America and Secret Empire

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Another typical Kirkman ending at the end of Walking Dead #191. If he actually follows through with it, then #191 and #192 could potentially be the two most earthshaking issues in the entire series.

WicDiv #44 is gonna rule. Super excited to see how #44 and #45 wrap the story up, even if I barely understood it in the first place.

At some point I'm gonna need to get all my Snotgirl singles moved up here to my new house. I left all those issues back at my parents' house... not exactly the best place for them, methinks. This is another story where I'm not entirely sure where the story is going, but hey, Leslie Hung's art is amazing, so I guess I'll stick around.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
The new Transformers series is... not a comic?

It really is written like a book and feels like IDWs editors try and split it into 22 page chunks for publication. There's no ending to the issues.

I am not hopeful it will last long in its current state.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.