• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane?

• Mary Jane

Votes: 65 58.0%
  • Gwen Stacy

Votes: 47 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
As for WoR tie-ins

Agents of Atlas has promise.

Uncanny X-men is way better than actual UXM

I heard Strike Force is good.

dunno bout the rest.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
oh wow lol. Forgot about how events used to do things like that. Its been alil bit since weve had one like that. I guess Metal did it to an extent.

Speaking of War of the Realms tie ins, have there been any that have really stood out? Kinda interested in the Spider-Man Legion one, and the Punisher Strike Force. Also the Journey into Mystery, just because of the authors.
The Strikeforce Dark Elf Realm was written by Brian Hill and it was pretty good. It's 70% preparing the team and like 5 pages of actual advancing the plot but it was fun.

Haven't read the rest.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get over Rosenberg being given a set amount of time to take his shot on X-Men. To do whatever story he had in his head for years... And this is what he went with. Its baffling.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IDK who said it but "the x-men are living in the back of a bar hanging with dark beast" killed me

Save us Hickman

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well I was scrolling through the new releases on instocktrades and I stopped for a moment on the Batman White Knight hardcover and I actually thought about it for a second

I blame yall, of course

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The plot twist is that Hickman is the one that told Rosenberg to kill all these characters.
tenor.gif

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I really don't know if Rosenberg's run is just gneuinely terrible, or if this is editorial mandate.

Cause the difference between Dead Souls and UXM is baffling.

Hell the difference between WORUXM and UXM is baffling.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zdarsky's DD is that good sadboy shit, King could never.

Also I forgot that Spider-Man was in a "suicide by cop" type situation before, sucks.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Uncanny X Men
41carZiACoL._SX374_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Giantman was decent but man, they have to stop putting Cassie in peril just to motivate Scott to do shit.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
No, UXM has been terrible from the start. Disassembled was a joke. Basically a 15 issue weekly series trying to capitalize on the Avengers Weeklies success, but without an actual good story. Basically just a way to setup Age of X-Man. Rosenberg's solo has been just uninspired and disjointed.

I can't get over Rosenberg being given a set amount of time to take his shot on X-Men. To do whatever story he had in his head for years... And this is what he went with. Its baffling.
After reading that Hickman interview and seeing how this has all been part of the plan, it is a bit baffling that this is what Rosenberg decided to do with his time on the book.

I really doubt that editorial/Hickman asked him to kill off these characters. Theres just no reason to. If he didnt want them then just shelve them lol. No need to just kill people off to clear the board, unless their deaths will be used as a motivation or something for whatever is to come.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
It just doesn't make sense.

UXM just feels so disjointed in comparison to dead souls.

Like it feels like someone picked up plot lines that book did but it's clear they didn't care about them and so completed it in the most half assed way possible.

But that makes no sense cause ROSENBERG ALSO WROTE DEAD SOULS

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Like how does the guy who finally addressed the whole fuckedness of Strong Guy losing his soul and his really bad relationship with Rahne... also just haphazardly kill both of those character's like "Whoops, a rock fell."

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Was today's UXM the last issue? There should be a few more right?

Also, did it explain why no one remembers Emma Frost lol?

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
imagine buying and talking about X-Men on the same day a new issue of Immortal Hulk came out

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuck Immortal Hulk is so damn good. It's going to go down as one of the defining runs of the character.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man Life Story is slowly becoming one of my favorite Spidey Stories.

They pick a Venom who is so obvious and perfect, I'm actually shocked it hasn't been done before.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man killed a woman by the way. I'm not sure how Dan "I'm a big spidey fan guys, everything I do is a callback" Slott never referenced that before when he was doing his hacky "no one dies" thing.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
How? Pretty sure I dipped in somewhere in the 20's

I was enjoying it plenty through 50, and while I was bummed by the results I was willing to see what came next. Cold days was pretty good, and the Penguin arc was...odd. I accepted Knightmares as filler but I had hoped that the plot would get back on track. Instead I get more meaningless mindfuckery and unrelenting dour. I'm getting tired of not enjoying a Bat book.

Breaking the Bat like he broke you

I just dont get what the payoff is suppose to be. Even in interviews King acknowledged he just continuously putting him through the ringer. But it's not building suspense, it's just exhausting.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man Life Story is slowly becoming one of my favorite Spidey Stories.

They pick a Venom who is so obvious and perfect, I'm actually shocked it hasn't been done before.

haven't even read today's issue and I'm already there

the way it's been redoing past events has been really novel and creative but also effective in terms of the storytelling

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I was enjoying it plenty through 50, and while I was bummed by the results I was willing to see what came next. Cold days was pretty good, and the Penguin arc was...odd. I accepted Knightmares as filler but I had hoped that the plot would get back on track. Instead I get more meaningless mindfuckery and unrelenting dour. I'm getting tired of not enjoying a Bat book.

I just dont get what the payoff is suppose to be. Even in interviews King acknowledged he just continuously putting him through the ringer. But it's not building suspense, it's just exhausting.

I saw this coming. There was something in the war of jokes and riddles that made me question if he was even interested in telling Batman stories and I just dropped it. Everything I hear about it after that makes me glad I did just that. This is the first time since I was a child I haven't been collecting the mainline Batman book

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man killed a woman by the way. I'm not sure how Dan "I'm a big spidey fan guys, everything I do is a callback" Slott never referenced that before when he was doing his hacky "no one dies" thing.

Did I miss something from today's issue? I know he mentioned a "vow" maybe I should reread it. Peter has reached murderous anger tier multiple times over the years.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It brings me great pleasure to tell you that you're not just wrong, but that Slott references this in the very initial No One Dies story.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
He does.

It's like the mid point of his "nobody dies." comic.

It's probably one of the best things Slott has ever done on the book.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I saw this coming. There was something in the war of jokes and riddles that made me question if he was even interested in telling Batman stories and I just dropped it. Everything I hear about it after that makes me glad I did just that. This is the first time since I was a child I haven't been collecting the mainline Batman book

It doesnt feel like batman that's for sure. The dialogue lately has been atrocious

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I loved that issue despite not caring about Marla. Cause the framing, the paneling, the pacing. It was all immaculate.

That story could have been brought about by the Jackal dying and I'd still call it the best spider-man issue Dan Slott every wrote. It's easily one of the best spider-man issues of the last decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.