• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane?

• Mary Jane

Votes: 65 58.0%
  • Gwen Stacy

Votes: 47 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
do you ever stop and think for a moment about how Jamal Campbell's next project is a green lantern space opera murder mystery written by N.K. Jemisin, published at DC's Young Animal? because I did do that while reading that scorcher new issue of Naomi and boy that's just

that's just a fucking great feeling

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I thought anime moe voices were the worst voice acting could get. I was wrong.

I will stick to comics in the future.

In the middle of my Mansions of the Gods reread. Squareonthehypothenus might be the greatest comic name ever.

l0mqeM8.png

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Daredevil is from a guy who drew naked people and started his big Marvel career with this...
WVfDHLz.jpg

And Daredevil is fucking amazing.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I thought anime moe voices were the worst voice acting could get. I was wrong.

I will stick to comics in the future.

In the middle of my Mansions of the Gods reread. Squareonthehypothenus might be the greatest comic name ever.

l0mqeM8.png
oh my god that was one of the first comics i ever had

I love it so much

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Look, I love Carol. But Civil War 2 is making me reaaaaalllly not like Carol.

Also, Blue Marvel is the Andy Bernard of the MU

aa16c942-12d8-4596-8whkhu.jpeg

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
do you ever stop and think for a moment about how Jamal Campbell's next project is a green lantern space opera murder mystery written by N.K. Jemisin, published at DC's Young Animal? because I did do that while reading that scorcher new issue of Naomi and boy that's just

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

yep, that book is going to be amazing. I wish I could find a text free version of the cover they released.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nick Spencer is really redeeming himself for Secret Empire with his Amazing Spider-Man run.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
War Avengers was really great, probably the best tie-in so far, now I actually want this team to stick.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ why is Superman still fighting Rooper Zoop and dealing with the DARK HISTORY OF KRYPTON and EVIL JOR-EL

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Green Arrow Rebirth any good? I know the last few tpbs of New 52 were worth looking into, but the premise of the rebirth series sounds tempting.

Also Carol is boring now and nothing Marvel does will make her amount to anything besides a cosmic brick you can fling at to solve a problem or create a problem, because reasons.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Spider-Man Life Story is slowly becoming one of my favorite Spidey Stories.

They pick a Venom who is so obvious and perfect, I'm actually shocked it hasn't been done before.

Spiderman: Life Story is a legendary goddamned comic. If this doesn't get talked about for the next decade before it gets a film adaptation, I'd be shocked.

This thing is BRILLIANT.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Getting Marvel comics half off is nice. They should just make these the new prices so I'll buy more.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Is this a sarcastic post? I thought I was the only person reading Naomi. I've been enjoying it so far.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Goddamn that Immortal Hulk page was great. Ewing treated Fixit well.
Life Story was great, but I can't help but see that ending as Chip taking shots at OMD . What is he even going to do next issue since he's already done Clone Saga? And I think I have a guess as to what his 2000's Life Story Issue will be: Sins Past but it's Peter's two kids coming back to fuck him up after he abandoned them for Aunt May instead of Norman's kids with Gwen

Miller says this is Year One for TDKR Superman, so even if it's ASBAR-tier it's not going to affect anything. I gotta say I'm morbidly curious.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Ryan Higgins thinks that after House of X/Power of X ends, Hickman is going to relaunch the X-Men and have them be in their own separate universe. Mainly because of the wording in the article, and some talk awhile back about doing that with the X-Men movies so they launch in their own "universe", at least at first.

He doesn't want that, just thinks there's a good chance. I'd rather they just went to Mars over a separate universe. That way they can still interact with the other heroes whenever needed.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
t4OWxIa.png

Been like that for 8 days.

They should give you, I dunno, a discount for your next order when this happens 'cus it happens a bit too often.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Ryan Higgins thinks that after House of X/Power of X ends, Hickman is going to relaunch the X-Men and have them be in their own separate universe. Mainly because of the wording in the article, and some talk awhile back about doing that with the X-Men movies so they launch in their own "universe", at least at first.

He doesn't want that, just thinks there's a good chance. I'd rather they just went to Mars over a separate universe. That way they can still interact with the other heroes whenever needed.
An alternate universe would probably make it easier on the writers and allow them to have all people with powers as Mutants.

We'll see what Hickman has planned though.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Sony was literally pitching a silver sable and black cat buddy team up movie.
I can see the (poor) logic in that since it's basically an action film/franchise with somewhat recognizable characters

A decades spanning alternate history of Spider-Man that's deeply entrenched in some of the biggest events in the character's comic book history? Nah

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I did notice Hickman said "universe" in the article and I figured it probably shouldn't be taken so literally.

Stranger stuff has happened though. Obviously Hickman wrote the lions share of the good Ultimate universe stuff and this relaunch really does sound like everything in an imprint launch short of actually doing that.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I did notice Hickman said "universe" in the article and I figured it probably shouldn't be taken so literally.

Stranger stuff has happened though. Obviously Hickman wrote the lions share of the good Ultimate universe stuff and this relaunch really does sound like everything in an imprint launch short of actually doing that.
This could very well be an imprint launch.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Carol did nothing wrong.

miles-man, on his knees, hyperventilating because someone showed him a vision of a theoretical future where he kills Captain America in a totally different city. Almost every bad thing that has happened so far in this event is because Carol has intervened, sometimes being the actual cause of the future trying to be avoided.

Carol: "you're under arrest."

Not "Spider-Man are you ok?" Not, "ok, let's take a step back and review what we saw."

First damn words out of her mouth. "You're under arrest."

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished The first volume of King's Vision. Really enjoyed it. The cover arts were so good! How's Vol.2?

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Green Arrow Rebirth any good? I know the last few tpbs of New 52 were worth looking into, but the premise of the rebirth series sounds tempting.

Also Carol is boring now and nothing Marvel does will make her amount to anything besides a cosmic brick you can fling at to solve a problem or create a problem, because reasons.

For Green Arrow Rebirth just read the Percy run, once he leaves bail out

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Green Arrow rebirth is awesome

Kelly Thompsons Captain Marvel is awesome

Just finished The first volume of King's Vision. Really enjoyed it. The cover arts were so good! How's Vol.2?

Just as good if not better.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I can see the (poor) logic in that since it's basically an action film/franchise with somewhat recognizable characters

A decades spanning alternate history of Spider-Man that's deeply entrenched in some of the biggest events in the character's comic book history? Nah

try looking at this another way.

"Joker" is already doing something much in the same vein by doing a Joker origin film set in the 1970s or whatever. If that film succeeds, you think you WON'T get "joker: 1987?" you absolutely will. Wonder Woman: 1984 is literally already a thing.

"Spiderman: Life Story" (or an adaptation thereof) Allows you to do Spidey as a 60s/70s/80s/90s period piece in addition to a superhero film. You don't need to think of an excuse for a franchise, the film is a franchise in and of itself as spidey moves through the decades.

Rememeber forrest gump? the film itself was trash, but boomers loved to see the most relevant parts of their history displayed onscreen in a new way. Again. Replace Forrest Gump with peter parker, add more fistfights and set it from 1963 to 1999. Box office gold.

Done properly, the concept itself prints money- casual viewers will go for the nostalgia trip and typical superhero novelty, hardcore fans will go because of [MASSIVE SPOILER] and [MASSIVE SPOILER].

If Sony doesn't make it themselves or license it to netflix i.e. daredevil they're fools. this thing prints money.

Status
Not open for further replies.