• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane?

• Mary Jane

Votes: 65 58.0%
  • Gwen Stacy

Votes: 47 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah kelly thompson's cap marvel is great.

I already want that to be the second movie cause its so good.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
And nothing else'll work cause most of carol's rogue's gallery was stolen by the X-men.

Like I doubt many people remember Mistique was Carol's arch nemesis

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Superman #11 - I feel like this one was alright? It was nice seeing Superman deal with shit - I liked his polite request for the Thanagarians to stand down. Plot is still absolutely boring but I love Bendis Superman as a character.

Batman #71 - I get why people are tired of this plot but I like Batman thinking he's a nut and acting like it. There's no way for this to be resolved in a satisfactory manner, and the dialogue is a bit phoned in. But it's fun.

War of the Realms #4 - Good stuff - we're finally cooking. Odin's fancy armor, he and Freya's final stand with the Black Bifrost, the whole "gathering of the troops" scene and Thor suiting up again... that's the big stuff I was waiting for. Can't wait to see it all wrap up!

Guardians of the Galaxy #5 - Wow, definitely did not see that coming. Having Thanos back so fast takes some of the wind out of his death, but I assume there's a twist there. Really glad that Hela plot thread that Aaron established is getting some good payoff!

Amazing Spider-Man #21 - Boy this one was a downer. Really liked the exploration of Lizard's inner turmoil... and the general continuity thread. Wishing I picked up the X.1 issues, though.

Immortal Hulk #17 - I don't even know what to say about this one that isn't reductive. It's great, loved Joe, and that one page was the best kind of crazy.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Superman #11 - I feel like this one was alright? It was nice seeing Superman deal with shit - I liked his polite request for the Thanagarians to stand down. Plot is still absolutely boring but I love Bendis Superman as a character.

Batman #71 - I get why people are tired of this plot but I like Batman thinking he's a nut and acting like it. There's no way for this to be resolved in a satisfactory manner, and the dialogue is a bit phoned in. But it's fun.

War of the Realms #4 - Good stuff - we're finally cooking. Odin's fancy armor, he and Freya's final stand with the Black Bifrost, the whole "gathering of the troops" scene and Thor suiting up again... that's the big stuff I was waiting for. Can't wait to see it all wrap up!

Guardians of the Galaxy #5 - Wow, definitely did not see that coming. Having Thanos back so fast takes some of the wind out of his death, but I assume there's a twist there. Really glad that Hela plot thread that Aaron established is getting some good payoff!

Amazing Spider-Man #21 - Boy this one was a downer. Really liked the exploration of Lizard's inner turmoil... and the general continuity thread. Wishing I picked up the X.1 issues, though.

Immortal Hulk #17 - I don't even know what to say about this one that isn't reductive. It's great, loved Joe, and that one page was the best kind of crazy.
The .1 issues for ASM are good. I would just wait for the trade at this point though.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that 80's variant was fuego

FplIrqC.png

2000 one would make a good print

gttIXP7.png

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I really enjoy Action Comics, but I don't think I've enjoyed much of Bendis' Superman at all. I stopped buying it after the last issue. Glass to hear I made the right choice.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Catching up on Ms. Marvel by finishing up G Willow's run starting with #34.

I'm sorry

She borrows her mass from

Let me get this right

Because I feel like this isn't a big enough deal here

TIME?!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I did notice Hickman said "universe" in the article and I figured it probably shouldn't be taken so literally.

Stranger stuff has happened though. Obviously Hickman wrote the lions share of the good Ultimate universe stuff and this relaunch really does sound like everything in an imprint launch short of actually doing that.
Yea normally I would say the same about not taking it so literally. Just feels like something is different with this, but maybe its because of all the theories around it.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Yea normally I would say the same about not taking it so literally. Just feels like something is different with this, but maybe its because of all the theories around it.

No, it differently is pretty different from any relaunch before. Like I keep saying, it really feels like an imprint is being launched and Sandfox is right: That might be exactly what it is.

SDCC will be very interesting.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
No, it differently is pretty different from any relaunch before. Like I keep saying, it really feels like an imprint is being launched and Sandfox is right: That might be exactly what it is.

SDCC will be very interesting.
Oh yea, that is a good idea. It would give the X books more free reign, without having to deal with whatever else is happening. I just feel like they loose alot by going this direction. Like the interactions with other heroes and their respective villains. Not that that happens all the time. I just worry itll make the X-Men universe or whatever feel too small.

If anyone can do it right though I guess Hickman is the best option.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
We know Matteo Loli is working on one of the X-books and I'm guessing Ramos and Skottie Young will have books as well since the both of them left their previous books for new projects..

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Skottie Young I need to grab Middlewest one of these days.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Didnt Young just write a horrible Deadpool follow up to Duggan's that was cancelled?

Ramos was great on Extraordinary X-Men.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt Young just write a horrible Deadpool follow up to Duggan's that was cancelled?

Ramos was great on Extraordinary X-Men.
According to Young Deadpool ended because he pitched a big project to Marvel with one of his favorite artists and he made the call to drop Deadpool because it was taking up too much of his time.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Secret wars avenge babies vs X-babies was better than most X-men books of the last decade.

I don't mind X-babies

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
On ComiXology I was looking up Hickman's FF and they have this collection:

Fantastic Four By Jonathan Hickman: The Complete Collection vol 1

Is there no vol 2?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Is there no vol 2?
It's not out yet. Comes out in September or thereabouts. Complete Collections are bulkier trade collections than the normal volumes. The first one came out in September 2018. These kinda take Marvel a while to get out.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
After today, I'm convinced that Rosenberg is intentionally writing a bad book. There's no way this can be a sincere effort.

He's the Brooklyn Brawler of X-men writers.

Marvel with that Galaxy Brain plan. Put out an X-Men that's so trash (but somehow still sells) that even more people buy Hickman's book.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Whew, no more Civil War II banners left in my reading list. Started off ok, kind of ended up in a pretty big mess.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017

Is there no vol 2?
It's not out yet. Comes out in September or thereabouts. Complete Collections are bulkier trade collections than the normal volumes. The first one came out in September 2018. These kinda take Marvel a while to get out.

Just grabbed this! Super glad they're doing these. It's like three trades worth of issues if anyone is curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.