• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Cool...its pretty obvious you arent reading his solo book if you think it relies heavily on him being hur hur funny. It mostly focuses on him being incredibly depressed and trying his best to provide for his daughter. There are some really top tier issues or arcs "The Good the Bad and the ugly" and the issues that dealt with suicide.

and yes I said to avoid him outside of books written by Duggan. I don't think its that suprising. Its like Gwenpool, if she isnt written by Hastings its usually terrible and not worth reading so avoid. I said Deadpools current book is worth reading. I didn't vouch for any other run. There are characters I don't like that have arcs that are worth reading. He is one of them.
Those were 10/10 stories.

Cade

Oct 26, 2017
Nowheresville, MT
Everything is happening and I AM EXCITE*SIC*, also I have beer(s)

I feel like X-23 can own her name again. Or get a new one. And it's fitting that WHATEVER happens, her creators are the ones doing it.

(And seeing creators seemingly kinda relieved that Alonso is gone is weird but I can't say I'm not on the same boat either)

Man, give this to me right now. I've been re-reading some 2000-2010s X-Men, back when I really liked X-Men, and I really think that Yost/Kyle X-Force run is one of my favorite X-Runs ever. I mean it survived how many events and was still so good? (Necrosha not being that great notwithstanding)

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. The suicide issue in particular hit me hard.

But as an arc The Good The Bad and The Ugly is as good as it gets for Deadpool. But fuck me it was heavy.
100% agree with you there, Deadpool's best stories are the ones where he is presented as a "sad clown", he's a funny guy but deep inside he's just a sad little man.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, damn. I don't know if I could take it.

Its a really good standalone issue. Deadpool #20.

suicide%2Bstop.png

Arts beautiful too, by Matteo Lolli

bdd05745.jpg

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Man, give this to me right now. I've been re-reading some 2000-2010s X-Men, back when I really liked X-Men, and I really think that Yost/Kyle X-Force run is one of my favorite X-Runs ever. I mean it survived how many events and was still so good? (Necrosha not being that great notwithstanding)

It's not for granted that one of them went to make the screenplay of one of the best superhero films ever in Ragnarok. I feel like Kyle/Yost repurposed and redefined what X-Force is and Remender and Opeña perfected it.

With that said, I think that people that defend that Laura shouldn't go back to X-23 after taking over Wolverine's mantle are missing a huge fucking point. Yes, Taylor's run with her as Wolverine is great, but he didn't create her. Kyle and Yost did. Imagine if for one odd reason Superman died back in the 40s and DC decided to make Batman the new Superman, or Wonder Woman the new Flash.

Laura isn't a "normal" legacy character. She is her own character, and if their creators want her to go by the name that they gave it to her, as long as it makes sense in the story, more power to them. She isn't Wolverine. Her own creators call her by the name they gave her, which is X-23. That's the most popular iteration of the character too. That's the character that Yost and Kyle created, and I'm up to whatever they want to do with the character next.

Last edited:

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Remender just leaked a small screenshot of Maria.

Idk if it's the colors but holy shit, it looks like the comic!

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing Spider-Man 789 is probably the first issue of Amazing I really enjoyed in quite a while. Not too much shit going on, is tied close with Peter and his emotional state, and we get to deal with lower key shit in NY.

Hopefully this becomes a trend.

Nov 2, 2017
Its not animosity from me..I just don't like his art and find it super stiff. I never enjoy seeing his art on the book.

I follow him on twitter though, no problem with the man he seems super cool.

Animosity probably wasn't the best word to use, I admit. I understand the stiff qualm. I think I'm just fond of him from when he was a redesign guy over at Project Rooftop when that was thriving(?) years ago, but I've yet to be blown away by any of his comic runs he's been on.

That being said, comics are actually what got me into art and writing. Something about how they intertwined just mystified me from a young age.

(Also, I dig Henderson's art for the record.)

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I've no idea if Cebulski will be good for Marvel or not but the reaction of people actually working at Marvel makes it seem like it's a huge step in the right direction.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all would know when Doomsday was out if you read the OP

tumblr_o43s82YmXV1sfeqkko6_400.gif

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I have to work until 8pm on Wednesday. Hopefully my LCS still has a copy of Doomsday Clock by then. If not I'll just get it digitally. But man, I'd love to get the physical copies of that.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Let's see what kind of list we have this week...

Sherlock Frankenstein #2
Detective Comics #969
Doom Patrol #9
Doomsday Clock #1
Imaginary Fiends #1
Angelic #3
Elephantmen #79
Gasolina #3
God Complex #2
Silver Sable Wild Pack #1
Thanos #13
Giant Days 2017 Special
XO Manowar #9

Also Sunstone Book 2 this week!

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well, picked up the first volume of Grant Morrison JLA run ($6 on amazon kindle + CMX). Will probably go through this series bit by bit till least vol 5.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Nxt Takeover was prettttttttty good tonight, I'm sure survivor series will exist tomorrow.

Also reading more Deadpool on MU since people talked about it.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Well, picked up the first volume of Grant Morrison JLA run ($6 on amazon kindle + CMX). Will probably go through this series bit by bit till least vol 5.
I read this for the first time this year and it's great fun. Every arc feels like an event in its own way (in a good way) and it really captures a lot of the warm and fuzzy feelings I associate with DC from that timeframe.

Don't forget to grab JLA Earth-Two as well. It's classic Morrison/Quitely and it's great. The DC One Million event and the JLA tie-in are fantastic as well, definitely one of the best event books.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry that I am not interested in Batman meets shitty Kaiju Monster
I mean, I didn't care for it, but if you're telling me Batwoman getting hyped because she gets to fight a Flying Grayson is shitty, then I guess I am too.
Everything is happening and I AM EXCITE*SIC*, also I have beer(s)

I feel like X-23 can own her name again. Or get a new one. And it's fitting that WHATEVER happens, her creators are the ones doing it.

(And seeing creators seemingly kinda relieved that Alonso is gone is weird but I can't say I'm not on the same boat either)

Yost did say in an interview that while he is happy to see Laura evolve past X-23, he wanted her to be her own thing and not just the successor to Wolverine (despite being super awesome).
I never bothered to read Necrosha. I feel like that run covers it as its own arc just fine. And I also completely agree. It's pretty amazing.
What does "recently" entail? Last arc? Two?
Just read the Panic in the Microverse issues and you're good.

Musclebusted

Nov 3, 2017
I can get two trades off the Justice League sale on comixology which should i get both Darkseid Wars or rebirth vol 1 and 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.