• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I never believed it was Superman. I believe it will be a character that moves like Batman. Maybe Wonder Woman

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, I thought El D's context, along with SpaceSong's reply, was enough of a warning as they had to go and seek it out and all
I thought he just wasn't caught up on the book. About SpaceSong's reply, I was genuinely confused by his first line and thought he may have been replying to somebody else but forgot to quote their post.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Thread is delayed due to one of the creatives throwing massive DISRESPECT in the creative process

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Those Doomsday Clock spoilers are wild. I mean Superman in a Watchman comic!?

In other news: Rocksteady not coming to TGA. They're not working on Superman. Dream is dead. Finally. I'm torn between being sad it wasn't about Superman as a fuck you to the people who think you can't do a Supes game, and being happy all the people who ignored people like Jason and others who said it wasn't Superman from the start.

They're not going to the TGAs lol!? Wtf is going on over there.

If it's not Superman or Justice League, it's Titans/Teen Titans. Or Legion. (It's not Legion)

Last edited:

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Good. I dislike Ronnie Raymond. I need my Jason.

That said, Johns still gets Superman.
Doomsday Clock spoilers: Bats telling Clark not to take sides and Clark choosing to ignore him was a great moment for me personally. It was nice to see Supes take a stand even if he knew he'd catch heat for it. Doubt he'd thought the heat would be nuclear though

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. This arc on Spider-Qwen really worked hard to get onboard with the Ghost-Spider name, nice shit.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
Doomsday Clock spoilers: Bats telling Clark not to take sides and Clark choosing to ignore him was a great moment for me personally. It was nice to see Supes take a stand even if he knew he'd catch heat for it. Doubt he'd thought the heat would be nuclear though
LEAKED ISSUE DISCUSSION: It's always great to see Supes taking a stand. One of my favorite things about Snyder's current Justice League run is that Superman is constantly calling Batman on his shit in the most optimistic way possible.
If it's not Superman or Justice League, it's Titans/Teen Titans. Or Legion. (It's not Legion)
I'm still crossing my fingers for that TMNT rumor to come back around. Activision lost the license to TMNT games last year around the time that they popped up as DLC for the latest Mortal Kombat (owned by WB).

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have. The last few issues of the current series all had a THE TRANSFORMERS WILL RETURN IN 2019 banner at the end. There's some miniseries filling the gap like Star Trek vs. Transformers (a crossover between Star Trek: The Animated Series and the G1 TF cartoon), Tom Scioli's Go-Bots (which is pretty good so far, kinda like if Kirby did a Blade Runner comic), the Michael Fiffe G.I. Joe mini and the one-shot Transformers Historia from Chris McFeely aka the guy who does Transformers: The Basics on YouTube.

We have no idea who's involved, apart from the fact that it will be almost all new talent. Pretty much everyone from the current books has said they will be moving on.

I think it depends on if they want to try the Hasbroverse thing again, which they probably will if the Bumblebee movie is a hit. John Barber is great at making multiple books fit together but he was really caught by the amount of stuff he had to tie-in. There's a whole thing where supposedly every pre-Revolution IDW G.I. Joe story takes place between the end of All Hail Megatron and the start of For All Mankind, which is reallllllllly stretching plausibility IMO.

Transformers: The IDW Collection will hopefully get to printing everything in a "suggested order". Phase One is complete in seven volumes, but honestly, I wouldn't start there. All you need for Phase Two is "The war happened. Now it's over." They're up to eight books in Phase Two but there is still a hell of a lot of material left (they are only just past Dark Cybertron, which is almost five years old), and who knows what happens when the other Hasbro books enter the reading order.

Blade Runner done by Kirby? I was already gonna reas but can you explain.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Blade Runner done by Kirby? I was already gonna reas but can you explain.

In this version, Go-Bots are a human invention rather than being an alien race, and they're built to serve us. Of the major characters we've seen, Leader-1 is in the US military, Turbo is basically in Go-Bot NASCAR, and Scooter is owned by a young woman who uses him as transport and some other stuff (she tells him to do some Uber-ing while she's at college so she can make some money).

Cy-Kill's whole deal in this is VERY similar to the well-worn stuff in BR, Detroit: Become Human and stuff like that.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In this version, Go-Bots are a human invention rather than being an alien race, and they're built to serve us. Of the major characters we've seen, Leader-1 is in the US military, Turbo is basically in Go-Bot NASCAR, and Scooter is owned by a young woman who uses him as transport and some other stuff (she tells him to do some Uber-ing while she's at college so she can make some money).

Cy-Kill's whole deal in this is VERY similar to the well-worn stuff in BR, Detroit: Become Human and stuff like that.

Yeah

I'm in

Make this new Gobot canon. Makes them distinct from Transformers and sounds like way to go with them

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah

I'm in

Make this new Gobot canon. Makes them distinct from Transformers and sounds like way to go with them

9df831f38e9d0943979b937aa2e234f0.jpg

This is Vamp. She is the best Gobot. Good luck proving me wrong.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
In other news: Rocksteady not coming to TGA. They're not working on Superman. Dream is dead. Finally. I'm torn between being sad it wasn't about Superman as a fuck you to the people who think you can't do a Supes game, and being happy all the people who ignored people like Jason and others who said it wasn't Superman from the start.

Damn, what has Rocksteady been doing all of this time.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, Curse of Brimstone #1 was certainly readable, but not a single fuck was given. Story wise I think the writer don't have the skill or page count required to avoid caricature, or at least heavy handedness. It's serviceable but yeah, subtle it is not.
And I was not caught.

But hey, maybe I should insist, modern comics pace being what it is, I certainly haven't seen the full picture.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Sideways #10 was really good. Super sad that there's only three more issues left. The book and character deserve a long life. I hope it at least has a satisfying conclusion.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
A Superman game would be like, the easiest game to make.

Character action with flight mechanics

You're welcome.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I can't believe there is an episode of Extreme Ghpstbusters that featured villains who were based on the Cenobites from the Hellraiser series.

Status
Not open for further replies.