• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
EKt-vbmU8AAa-Q2

Who the fuck is Misty?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Kelly touched much on CW2 in the newest CM run, which is all well and good to me. Tony didn't deserve the shit he got after CW1 either on a meta level
At least we didn't get an arc where Carol Danvers erases her memories of cw2 so that we can ignore cw2

Like matt fraction and iron man

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
When every CW2 tie in basically said CAROL YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE AND AN IDIOT FOR FOLLOWING THIS KID and Bendis gave no fucks.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I remember Ewing tried to justify her character in Ultimates

Ewing basically kept trying to fix the dumbshit Bendis had the Ultimates do
America responded with a chair
Alpha Flight did the Yelling Woman Cat meme
And A Force basically had her hunt down Nico.

HOW WAS SHE A GOOD GUY IN THIS?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
You know it's a true sequel to civil war because they had Iron man did the same kind of shit there
CW1 you got why both sides were right, granted they had to clean up shit because the first Iron Man movie was coming so Fraction had to undo his jerkass mentality.

CW2 torpedoed Carol's character so hard, it took THREE writers to fix her.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Annihilation Scourge was terrible.

The art especially, in one panel Nova stretches his metal helmet over his head like a hoodie and the other is....Yeah

bMfuOjG.png
a4DIJno.png

Art that fits Rosenbergs writing.

WTF is even happening in those panels. That's metal ffs.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
My head cannon for Nova's helmet is that it can morph between hard metal and cloth with the worldmind's/user's will

Mark Waid is gonna have to write this bullshit for his History book and it's gonna be a mess unless he retcons the fuck outta it.
Carol Danvers, acting on the prophetic visions of the inhuman Ulysses, decided that prevention was better than cure and sought to stop conflicts before they occurred. Too bad she acted like a total idiot doing so

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I think the big difference between Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman is that the writers at DC really want to/like writing WW, whereas I don't think anyone at Marvel except the actual Captain Marvel writers care about her.

Like I just read Darkseid War and all the narration was WW, not to mention the Amazon connections
JLD has WW front and center
Morrison's the one writing WW Earth One
WW has been retconned as the first hero more than likely so that Snyder can user her when he does JSA

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico
I really need to get myself a cheap tablet, borrowed my sister's tablet to read more comics in my vacation week and its soooo gooood. Reading on my phone is a pain and kills my reading mood.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Phone reading is terrible, the constant zooming in and out and squinting at the screen is blah

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on a surprising comic reading kick lately. Finished up hulk vol 5. That ending was insane. Book is still disturbing as hell. More please

Then needed a pick me up, did a Busiek Avengers issue pallet cleanser. Then felt the impulse to re-read Batman the long Halloween. Still my favorite Loeb/Sale collaboration. Sales artwork in this is so good. The use of shadows and I like that early Batman year 1 to year 2 era. plus I like mysteries and even though this one isn't 100% how it all ties together I dig the ride, the vibes and piecing together what really went down

As has been the trend this year in all my hobbies I'm on a big rewatch/read/play kick this year. Now think I'll re-read Superman For all seasons and Superman : Secret identity (probably my favorite Superman story)

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
I've been reading Abnett and Lanning's Nova recently. This part made me chuckle. Gotta be mocking Mogo being a green lantern, right?

AvCMogI.jpg

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baby Yoda will end up as THE NEW MANDOLRIAN when grown up and time skip

and show up as character in comics set in rian's galaxy further away

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
DC Universe came soooooo close to acknowledging Nightwing was raped, but they had to softball it... smdh

After Nightwing allowed Tarantula to kill Blockbuster in Nightwing #93, Dick went through a depression and in his funk he Catalina took advantage of Dick and forced him into an unwanted physical encounter.

Tripped at the second yard line...

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
DC Universe came soooooo close to acknowledging Nightwing was raped, but they had to softball it... smdh

Tripped at the second yard line...

It's also absolutely insane in the comic, he goes on a long trip with her and they do like superhero stuff while he's basically in a fever state and then ALMOST GET MARRIED. It's AWFUL.

Status
Not open for further replies.