• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Really through the gap between the Hickman X-Men and everyone else is wild. The other books only hit 50% of HoXPoX?

HoX/PoX was an event mini, and X-Men #1 is a flagship book. Those numbers great.

Compared to other Marvel/DC launches this year:
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #1 - 78,021
Young Justice #1 - 73,952
Avengers No Road Home #1 - 64,505
Daredevil #1 - 61,566
Spider-Man Life Story #1 - 54,176
Thanos #1 - 81,356
Symbiote Spider-Man #1 - 165,841
Batman and The Outsiders #1 - 51,958
Event Leviathan #1 - 74,007

So again, those are great numbers. The question is how the holds will be.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
October Sales! Wow, a lot of stuff flopped!

zqitFt9.png
Was there any Batman issues released that month?

EDIT: #s 21 and 24.

EDIT2: Buffy Hellmouth #1 at 117 woof.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
FYI: The Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men podcast has finally reached the Phalanx Covenant storyarc.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Was there any Batman issues released that month?

EDIT: #s 21 and 24.

EDIT2: Buffy Hellmouth #1 at 117 woof.

once again, you gotta look at the fused numbers because DC did the card stock variants at a different price point thing, which Diamond counts as two separate entries

when you do that, Batman #80 is at 86,677 and Batman #81 is at 84,620, and both issues of DCeased for the month place in the top 10

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Aren't books selling over 80K good?
For non-Batman books it's great. But people (including DC Editorial I suspect) have been spoiled by Snyder's Batman never going below 100k in sales, so now there's an expectation that should be Batman's norm rather than the amazing exception it was.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
For non-Batman books it's great. But people (including DC Editorial I suspect) have been spoiled by Snyder's Batman never going below 100k in sales, so now there's an expectation that should be Batman's norm rather than the amazing exception it was.
I mean, a lot of these books launched over 4 bucks FFS.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Kojima had started developing the ideas for Death Stranding while still at Konami. There are a lot of similar mechanics in MG Survive, which makes me wonder if they repurposed some of his ideas in Survive.

Then of course Konami shit the bed and turned it into a zombie survival game.

DS is actually more of a Stealth Horror game, with the delivery stuff serving as a means for going back and forth through areas.

You can also tell they made this game on a budget. A decent sized budget, but definitely less than MGSV numbers.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Do you agree chars counterattack sucks
No. I love Char's Counterattack. It is Quess who sucks becuase she adds nothing to the story and pulls the narratives pacing down to a crawl with her bullshit. Plus her romantic subplot with Char is peak japanese creepy bullshit. Not to mention how unnecessary it is. Everything ELSE that happens in that movie is way cool. I'm seeing it in theaters early December.

You can also tell they made this game on a budget. A decent sized budget, but definitely less than MGSV numbers.
The ads are angel investments. Plain as day.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Regular 80k+: Batman, probably (maybe) X-Men

Regular 60k+: Amazing Spider-Man

every other regular book is below that iirc

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Any Recs for a good "gaming" monitor for around $200? Not even sure what to look for these days. I guess I'd want one with 144htz?

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
wonder where these X-books are gonna settle since Excalibur feels like a bit outlier there haha.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when Harley sold over 80k on the regular. Early in the Conner run.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting Immortal Hulk Volume 4 tomorrow, but Volume 3 won't be here till Thursday. Why were we put on this Earth to suffer?

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Any Recs for a good "gaming" monitor for around $200? Not even sure what to look for these days. I guess I'd want one with 144htz?
odds are you're better off waiting until Black Friday week for a really good deal. especially if you want a 27", 144hz, low response time monitor for less than $200. easier to find if you're fine with a smaller screen. and at 144hz you should try and get either freesync or g-sync, which tightens the market a little bit too.

i'd recommend keeping an eye on.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting Immortal Hulk Volume 4 tomorrow, but Volume 3 won't be here till Thursday. Why were we put on this Earth to suffer?

Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction vol 7 isn't out here for another 4 days... With shipping that's a week plus I have to wait. Americans got it early last month. Why must Asano make me suffer.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Not that I'd ever be against more quality stuff, but with Hill House, current Young Animal, and Wonder Comics, I think there's some pretty fun stuff! Black Label is mostly a weird imprint, but The Last Gods is on it!

I thought LOSH was good.

Hawkman just reincarnates across time and space now. It's not too complicated

Yeah I think Hawkman stopped being confusing once you added the reincarnation stuff.
Sorry to hear, friend. Due to finances I've not read in a minute. However! I laughed at Woozies getting himself banned bringbeing a complete dick to you in the wrestling thread. Sorry you had to put up with that shit.

They should just perm him. He is so incredibly toxic lol

Yeah that was weird. I didn't even report him, just put him on ignore but that ban still came. Ah well.

Hope your financial issues clear up soon so you can read comics and be unhappy like everyone else.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Venditti cleaned up Hawkman for me. Carter reincarnates throughout time and space so that explains how Carter/Keandra and Katar/Shiera can both exist at the same time.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
odds are you're better off waiting until Black Friday week for a really good deal. especially if you want a 27", 144hz, low response time monitor for less than $200. easier to find if you're fine with a smaller screen. and at 144hz you should try and get either freesync or g-sync, which tightens the market a little bit too.

i'd recommend keeping an eye on.
Does freesync do anyhting with an Nvidia card? Ive found a few monitors so far, but yea I would be waiting until BF at the earliest. Just wasnt sure what I should be looking for these days specifically. Thanks btw.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Does freesync do anyhting with an Nvidia card? Ive found a few monitors so far, but yea I would be waiting until BF at the earliest. Just wasnt sure what I should be looking for these days specifically. Thanks btw.
Nah, for an Nvidia video card you'll need G-sync Compatibility. It'll be listed in any headlines on BuildAPCSales.

As long as you know the minimum features you want, know your budget, you should definitely find the perfect deal over the next few weeks. Brand can matter, but with the features you want, mostly only reliable brands will be making them. The subreddit is also super helpful because bad monitors or bad discounts will be downvoted and great ones will be upvoted.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
My friend wanted to watch Venom. This is a pretty unlikable character. They tried to make Eddie likable but he's just a sap along for the ride so he's not likable either.

Woland

Oct 25, 2017
Stay! You read the same comics as meeeee
Haha, yeah, when I first checked one of your OT, around the time of Batman #50, your enthusiasm sold me on trying a Harley Quinn comic. I've always liked the character but people seemed to be really down on her main comic so I hadn't read anything with her except for Mad Love and Gotham City Sirens. Since then I have read her rebirth run and I'm currently reading through the first Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti's omnibus. I'm enjoying it all and regret nothing !

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, yeah, when I first checked one of your OT, around the time of Batman #50, your enthusiasm sold me on trying a Harley Quinn comic. I've always liked the character but people seemed to be really down on her main comic so I hadn't read anything with her except for Mad Love and Gotham City Sirens. Since then I have read her rebirth run and I'm currently reading through the first Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti's omnibus. I'm enjoying it all and regret nothing !
You should read their Power Girl run, it's great fun

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's been a long time, but I want to return to Green Lantern Corps.

Last thing I read was Johns GL / GLC together until Sinestro War.

I kind of don't want to continue Johns GL and just read GLC - will that make sense?

May 24, 2019
Nah. It continuously gets wrapped up in Johns' storylines.
It's also not as good when Gleason leaves.

edit: And that goes through to GLC in the N52. When Tomasi is without Gleason, the magic is a bit lost.
edit edit: Well, the magic moved to Batman and Robin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

Their starfire too.

I enjoyed that stuff. Glad I was helpful for once. Try Stjepan Sejics Black Label 3 issue series Harleen. #3 is out next month and it's a perfect Harley origin so far.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Loving Death Stranding so far. But the only thing that I do have issues with are the BTs. Just boring so far and it really breaks up the flow.

https://www.techspot.com/article/1779-freesync-and-nvidia-geforce/ only seems to work with gtx10 series and newer cards and only over displayport
Oh nice, thanks. I actually found a few G-Sync monitors in my price range already. But the majority of them all have freesync, so I was curious. I have a 1070, but im not expecting to hit 1440p or whatever in most games. Just would like to have it for the future. Not really in any rush to get a new one, just wanted to keep my eyes open jic I find a good deal.

Woland

Oct 25, 2017
It seems to be OOP, but I'll keep it in mind for the day I get a tablet. I read all of "52" on my phone but while the comic was good the reading experience wasn't.

Their starfire too.

I enjoyed that stuff. Glad I was helpful for once. Try Stjepan Sejics Black Label 3 issue series Harleen. #3 is out next month and it's a perfect Harley origin so far.

The artist lineup on Starfire looks so good, I'll make sure to check it out too.

I forgot to mention it but I read Harleen #1 and #2 already and it's fantastic. I read some Sunstone some years ago so I knew I was in for some amazing art but his writing is also very good.

On the topic of things I've seen you recommend, I read the first two deluxe books of Saga and it did not disappoint either ! The next will probably be Giant Days but I'm trying not to spend too much right now.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
omg, that narration and narration font in Batman Damned makes me want to punch Constantine in the face.

The pacing of all the dialogue feels like it was written in a foreign language and translated into English via Google Translate. wth is going on.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I have many books this week.

Catwoman #17
Far Sector #1
X-Men #2

Maybe also Punisher: Soviet #1 and Fallen Angels #1 but lets be honest, fuck comics.

I also haven't read like half the books I bought last week. 🤷‍♂️

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow comics really don't sell

Wtf up with spawn
Aren't those numbers physical only? I suspect that a higher and higher percentage of books people read (as opposed to collect with the wrongheaded idea that they'll be worth something) are digital. I think that it was around 15% a few years ago, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a fair amount higher by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.