• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Bachalos Elsa is so nice. Can't wait.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjgvODczL29yaWdpbmFsL0RlYWRwb29sXzFfMi5qcGc=

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
*sees a few Fallen Order review scores before going to bed, knowing there will be a new episode of Mandalorian waiting for me when I wake up*

nKmgzCq-aGuOhKa-wIA_cMIe8LyuOLXsxGCNcDTNYAg.jpg

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't planning on watching Mandalorian, but I ended up really liking it! Now looking forward to episode 2.

I kind of want to watch the first three Star Wars movies, too. I haven't watched them in at least 20 years.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Alright, so I finished Power Rangers Mystic Force. I do believe Sandfox had some words he wanted to lay at me in regards to it after I finished it?

Like, my overall opinion is that I really enjoyed it. My biggest nitpick is that it gets really damn weird at the end, but mostly that the rangers are the least friendly group of friends ever and don't feel like they have a lot of growth. Except for Nick, I suppose, and that's strictly plot. The growth is primarily in all the supporting and side characters.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
*sees a few Fallen Order review scores before going to bed, knowing there will be a new episode of Mandalorian waiting for me when I wake up*
I knew you were gonna post it eventually.

Game is really good. I only played the intro because I wanna finish Death Stranding first. I'm finding the Dark Souls comparisons not entirely fitting with the combat. Like, you press square, and Cal swings his lightsaber. It's not like Dark Souls where you press the attack button and the you're like "okay, I pressed attack, time to watch my character wind up and eventually swing the weapon now." It feels good, just takes some adjusting if you go in with a pure Dark Souls mindset.

May 24, 2019
Y'all not in on Liam Sharp, give his Brave and the Bold a shot. He's absolutely perfect for the Celtic fantasy land in it. Plus he wrote it too.

Deleted member 60729

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
I'm jealous of everyone here that were able watch The Mandalorian, I have to wait till the 19th like a pleb. Atleast I'll be able to binge 2 episodes.
The second episode is so good!

The marketing really misrepresents the show. The marketing was all cool and badass, but the actual show, while sometimes being cool and badass, is also really funny, really sweet and warm, and there are long silent stretches that are just peaceful.

I'm in love. I mean, I don't think anyone would be surprised, since I'm the resident Star Wars superfan, but this isn't the kind of thing that gets a pass because of my fandom, it's the kind of thing that reenergizes my fandom.

This show makes me very happy.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The marketing really misrepresents the show. The marketing was all cool and badass, but the actual show, while sometimes being cool and badass, is also really funny, really sweet and warm, and there are long silent stretches that are just peaceful.

I'm in love. I mean, I don't think anyone would be surprised, since I'm the resident Star Wars superfan, but this isn't the kind of thing that gets a pass because of my fandom, it's the kind of thing that reenergizes my fandom.

this actually sounds good. I had no interest in the show because the trailers were pretty bleh

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico

Buying Fallen Order and Pokemon today so will definitely have Star Wars fix for the couple of days that I have to wait to see it, though me and my brother will have to alternate games to play since we want to play both.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I like how Morrison writes Hal. He's very much a man's man, macho swagger type. It's fun to read that without irony.

Between that and Sharp's style the book feels like it's unstuck in time, like a lost British sci-fi book from the 70s, just with Green Lanterns in it. It's fun.
I've just read the first 2 issues and I couldn't agree more. It feels like it's a lost 2000 AD book. Probably my least favorite Morrison but I'm a fanboy so I still love it. Glad to see he's writing Hal like the dick he is.

Just finished and I agree. I didn't expect it to have such heavy Lone Wolf and Cub vibes but I am so in love. It could end up as my favorite SW show/movie if it holds up. I noticed the long stretches of silence today and was impressed they just let shit breath instead of constant dialogue explaining everything. I kind of hate it for making me want to rush out and get Fallen Order right now. Disney + is evil.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Getting home today and signing up for the D.

what good comics did I miss out on the past two weeks? Anything weird?

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't planning on watching Mandalorian, but I ended up really liking it! Now looking forward to episode 2.

I kind of want to watch the first three Star Wars movies, too. I haven't watched them in at least 20 years.
no one can resist the siren call of werner herzog

Deleted member 60729

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
no one can resist the siren call of werner herzog
Since you mentioned one of the bit players, I have to say that Nick Nolte is great in this show. Not enough people are saying it, but he really is.

He's a great actor, so it doesn't surprise me, but the internet has annoyingly turned him into a meme, and often regards him as a punchline.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Since you mentioned one of the bit players, I have to say that Nick Nolte is great in this show. Not enough people are saying it, but he really is.

He's a great actor, so it doesn't surprise me, but the internet has annoyingly turned him into a meme, and often regards him as a punchline.
he was very good! leave it to the internet to find the easiest thing to meme and go hog wild.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
someone plz come write about video games for me so i can play video games

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's one of the worst songs ever, and now I've been reminded of it twice recently.
i used to sing it with my dad in the truck going to t-ball practice! that one, go go godzilla, and boom boom (out go the lights) were my favorite when i was a small one.

Status
Not open for further replies.