• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, are we talking about dicks?
I mean... Its Rat Queens, a book created by two massive cocks.
No dicks.

Unless it's futa.
We're not not talking about dicks
source.gif

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Just a random question: What are some good examples of historical epics in western comics?

Edit: Other than 300.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Just a random question: What are some good examples of historical epics in western comics?

Edit: Other than 300.

There aren't any I think, like in manga. Most western historical manga only seem to go back to to WW I/II.

There's Beowulf, but it further departs from reality than 300 even.

Edit: Maybe Prince Valiant? Though it has a fair bit of the fantastic to it.

Last edited:

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
While reading Ellis' Stormwatch I looked up where should i read the Aliens crossover and found out he wrote a good 13 issues before this current series I'm reading, and they're not on Comixology.

Haha thats fucking great

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
While reading Ellis' Stormwatch I looked up where should i read the Aliens crossover and found out he wrote a good 13 issues before this current series I'm reading, and they're not on Comixology.

Haha thats fucking great
Which ones? As far as I remember it's just Ellis Stormwatch vol 1, Wildcats/Alien between issues 10 and 11 and then Vol 2. Unless you're talking about the first volume. I don't know why they haven't tried clearing that up by now.

I have zero self control: I bought Jedi Fallen Order last night. It's pretty good so far, hope I didn't mess up picking that over of Death Stranding.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Which ones? As far as I remember it's just Ellis Stormwatch vol 1, Wildcats/Alien between issues 10 and 11 and then Vol 2. Unless you're talking about the first volume. I don't know why they haven't tried clearing that up by now.

I have zero self control: I bought Jedi Fallen Order last night. It's pretty good so far, so hope I didn't mess up picking that over of Death Stranding.
so looking at several sites he wrote Vol 1 37-50, then Vol 2 1-11, the Aliens crossover, and then The Authority 1-12. Cmx doesn't have Vol 1 past issue 12

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
so looking at several sites he wrote Vol 1 37-50, then Vol 2 1-11, the Aliens crossover, and then The Authority 1-12. Cmx doesn't have Vol 1 past issue 12
Ah okay! You only need Vol 1 (CMX lists 2012 as release), that has the missing 37-50 as part of those. I'm pretty sure Aliens falls in towards the end of that. Vol 2 runs for 13 issues and then turns into Authority.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Supergirl doesn't have a lot of standout good costumes.

I've never been a fan of the skirts. Long, short. Two-piece, one piece. White tee, all blue. Like she doesn't have a lot of good looks. Her Earth 2 look is just Power Girl with the shield. Her Injustice look is pretty good.

457092ab96a3b265f73cce6f8d0dcf02.jpg

The version they used in the early marketing material is my favourite:
f8d804944793a5362464ad556ba8b966.jpg

Actually going to a con next week, lads. It's only a small one, but hey, being social and all that. I'll mostly be buying prints and such from my friend's friends, although I do hope to finally get a Lord Drakkon POP from one of the vendors.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of examples in European comics: Murena, Conquests, The Eagles of Rome, just to name a few available in ComiXology.

These all actually seem pretty dope.

I'm also getting the impression that kind of stuff is mostly the purview of manga and European comics, but decidedly not American comics. Understandable I guess -- each region is more likely to write comics about its own history, but with the US you've also still got the comination of cape comics.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ah okay! You only need Vol 1 (CMX lists 2012 as release), that has the missing 37-50 as part of those. I'm pretty sure Aliens falls in towards the end of that. Vol 2 runs for 13 issues and then turns into Authority.
The Aliens crossover is at the end of Vol. 2. It directly precedes The Authority and is, well, very important, to say the least. The specific reading order is Stormwatch Vol. 2 #10, WildC.A.T.s/Aliens, Stormwatch Vol. 2 #11, The Authority.

Last edited:

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha. I knew it was at the end of one of them. It's so dumb they didn't include it but still wiped out a good chunk of the team.
yeahhh the problem being that it's technically not a Stormwatch issue, but rather a Wildcats one. And a one-shot at that. And licensed at that. So many legal loopholes to jump through to get it included in collection or online.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
yeahhh the problem being that it's technically not a Stormwatch issue, but rather a Wildcats one. And a one-shot at that. And licensed at that. So many legal loopholes to jump through to get it included in collection or online.
Yeah, I knew about the legal stuff. Still so dumb and inconvenient. It's an essential/great piece of the story with better art than the majority of Stormwatch proper.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to buy that Swamp Thing Absolute v1. Even though the colouring is shit. And the binding on some copies has issues. $47 is impulse buy territory...

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, with the "oneday" code you can get a (damaged) copy of the Runaways Omnibus for $37.75. That's less than a dollar an issue! Would totally jump on that if I didn't already have them all in standard-sized hardcovers... I went with 53% off the Golden Age Wonder Woman Vol 3 instead.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't hear about the binding issues. Can I get a source?
Just from what I've seen, the issue doesn't seem to be typical or common. But there have been a few folk whose books are delivered with really busted bindings. The pages coming off of the ribbon, the stitching loose. But yeah, a rare thing.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
You let go of yourself and allowed The Force to guide you. You've taken your first step into a larger world.
I like how it feels like the Titanfall 2 sequel except Star Wars. For better or worse, I go from loving the map to thinking it's terribly confusing constantly. But when you start wall running... yes please.

Deleted member 60729

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 20, 2019
I like how it feels like the Titanfall 2 sequel except Star Wars. For better or worse, I go from loving the map to thinking it's terribly confusing constantly. But when you start wall running... yes please.
I feel like I should play Titanfall 2 now that I'm getting a PS4. I've heard so many glowing comments on it in the lead-up to Fallen Order.

I think I just let any talk of Titanfall 2 go in one ear and out the other back when it first came out. I stopped playing shooters like a decade ago, and I didn't pay attention to what people were saying about them anymore. So I just kinda missed that Titanfall 2 supposedly had this cool single-player mode.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I should play Titanfall 2 now that I'm getting a PS4. I've heard so many glowing comments on it in the lead-up to Fallen Order.

I think I just let any talk of Titanfall 2 go in one ear and out the other back when it first came out. I stopped playing shooters like a decade ago, and I didn't pay attention to what people were saying about them anymore. So I just kinda missed that Titanfall 2 supposedly had this cool single-player mode.

You absolutely should. I replayed it a few months ago and not only does it hold up, I think I rate it higher now than I did before. One of the games of the generation.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019

I resisted until it was $10 on a whim. I only like FPS with good single player. You can tell Fallen Order's levels were designed by the same team in their layout and traversal. I think once I got past the first level and everything was clicking I really enjoyed it. Until my PS4 decided my disc was no good. I've tried deleting/reinstalling, no luck. Annoying as I was in probably the last few levels.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017

it's really good. i miss my robot buddy. <3 BT.

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico
If anyone here is playing Pokémon and wants a Grookey just ask. Breed a bunch of them.

How long does IST orders take for everyone else? I ordered Hickmans FF complete collection V2 weeks ago and I want it to arrive already so bad!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone here is playing Pokémon and wants a Grookey just ask. Breed a bunch of them.

How long does IST orders take for everyone else? I ordered Hickmans FF complete collection V2 weeks ago and I want it to arrive already so bad!
My stuff usually ships within a few days, but occasionally it will take a good bit longer if an item is on backorder. If it takes too long they'll ship a partial order and the missing item when they get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.