• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

COMICS!!! |OT| November 2019 | Ew, I don't want to read the content. I just wanna see the, you know ... stuff!

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
This shouldn't be surprising. POPs have been like that since day one. Funko is depressing. It's like the generic shitty toy company that somehow made tons of money.
I really hate them but I do like that they are a channel for smaller properties with smaller fan bases getting some reasonable quality merchandise. They seem willing to print anything. Maybe they'll even make ComicsERA funkos if we ask them.

Last edited:

Ahsoka

Oct 20, 2019
I really hate them but I do like that they are a channel for smaller properties with smaller fan bases getting some reasonably quality merchandise. They seem willing to print anything. Maybe they'll even make ComicsERA funkos if we ask them.
When they make a Pop of a thing I like, it feels like an attack on that thing. Like they hurt my little baby.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I got my replacement Splatoon 2 artbook from Amazon today. Miraculously this one was not damaged. They actually surrounded the entire book with air packets, probably because I complained about the shitty packing when I returned the first one. That's more packing material than I think I've ever seen in an Amazon box before.

bluexy

Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone here is playing Pokémon and wants a Grookey just ask. Breed a bunch of them.

How long does IST orders take for everyone else? I ordered Hickmans FF complete collection V2 weeks ago and I want it to arrive already so bad!
if you got to IST and click on "Your Account" at the top, then login, you'll have a tab that says "Order History." From there, you can click on both your tracking information and your "Order ID." The Order ID will give the status of your order, like whether its been picked, scanned, and shipped, and then the tracking info will hopefully let you know how close it is to you!

I actually just had a problem where I think they attached the wrong tracking info and I had to email them to get things sorted out. Took two weeks to arrive instead of one.

Ahsoka

Oct 20, 2019
do you think nick nolte has a bigger role to play?
I could see it going either way. I do want more of him, though.

And maybe we don’t see him again this season, but we see him again down the road. I don’t really know what they’re planning for these Star Wars shows. Are they intended to be one-offs, or will they have seasons?

Vic_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Far Sector was awesome! It’s exactly what I wanted Morrison’s GL to be. Just a Space Cop detective story. I really hope this sticks around, or continues in some form. Do we know how long this book is supposed to last?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Man, seeing all those Disney World threads in the OT almost makes it feel like it is a kind of a... lifestyle(?) for many people. Spending a week+ there? Having stayed at all of the resorts, at least once? A bit of a revelation.

bluexy

Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
the old "sure we sell sex in comics but lol at this guy acting like how we really do assume readers to act like."

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've decided. Runaways is good. Especially since Anka left. It's a consistently fun and light read.