• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2019
Yeah. It's a little bit of a sequel to that. Remember Jim's psycho son?

Edit: If you've read all on Snyder Batman, you should totally read Metal.

Remember there are two lead-in issues before Metal #1. The Forge and The Casting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Loved November but much like Tim, I wish I had all 3 parts now. But it's off to a great start. Elsa and Hollingsworths art is really good as expected and Fraction is doing a nice job. The hardcover itself is standard size but it is really nicely built. All 3 volumes together should look lovely.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm on to episode 21 of Power Rangers Mystic Force, and Koragg has now officially become one of the dumbest villains in Power Rangers canon. And not goofy dumb. Dumb dumb. Like, I bought that you had some greater plan because of the way you were hoarding and manipulating resources like Morticon's sword and Udonna's Snow Staff and the Rangers' morphing power, but then you went and got baited and gave up your magic for no reason other than "no but I'm a warrior and can prove it tho." Then you say that conquering the world only matters if it's honorable. Like, I bought that you may have had a bigger play, and I get the "honorable combat" thing, but now you just stupid.

Ecliptor played the honor card, but even he still played for keeps.

May 24, 2019
I liked when they were making Power Rangers in NZ cause actors from our one big local soap opera would appear with terrible fake accents playing Hawaiians, or some such.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I mean... they were, before Perpetua disrupted the cycle of reincarnation with the totality and split them 'between two lives simultaneously'

Regardless my point still stands.
In the context of the show versus the comic though. The show's Hawkgirl is Shayera. Comic Hawkgirl, currently is Kendra.

Like, the problem is that the Hawks aren't consistent because the reincarnation factor means different versions. Like, there's no reason to be consistent as long as that's an aspect to their character. Earth 2 Hawkgirl is bomb as fuck, and this Hawkgirl is much closer to her (also artifact hunter Kendra) than the show (space cop Shayera).

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
In the context of the show versus the comic though. The show's Hawkgirl is Shayera. Comic Hawkgirl, currently is Kendra.

Like, the problem is that the Hawks aren't consistent because the reincarnation factor means different versions. Like, there's no reason to be consistent as long as that's an aspect to their character. Earth 2 Hawkgirl is bomb as fuck, and this Hawkgirl is much closer to her (also artifact hunter Kendra) than the show (space cop Shayera).
See shit like this is why the Hawks were once banned by editors at one and was replaced by an Angel

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
I DO like it. It's just that there are annoying elements that I find SO ANNOYING that I think calling Kojima a hack is warranted.

Dp4wAeWU4AAsXFb.jpg

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I mean... they were, before Perpetua disrupted the cycle of reincarnation with the totality and split them 'between two lives simultaneously'

Regardless my point still stands.
That happened? So Hawkman is the only one reincarnating normally now?

lord synder's JL was just a blur before I dropped it

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
I got 63 bucks for some comics I sold today. Felt good to throw off this yoke of incomplete series.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Loved November but much like Tim, I wish I had all 3 parts now. But it's off to a great start. Elsa and Hollingsworths art is really good as expected and Fraction is doing a nice job. The hardcover itself is standard size but it is really nicely built. All 3 volumes together should look lovely.

I wonder if they'll release a complete edition/omnibus/whatever after volume 3 comes out

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think Joe Bennett will be permanently replaced from Immortal Hulk? I think people have been let go from the comic industry for less controversial things (though, same can be said about people staying on for doing worse).

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding is nuts. Yea the gameplay isnt going to be for everyone, but man I love the presentation so much.

The shifting weight has been the only gripe I have. Ive just been holding L2 and R2 the entire time when the ground isnt super flat. Well, the UI kinda sucks too, but im just not used to it yet.

Doing the transport now after meeting the President lol. Right in the feels.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Do you think Joe Bennett will be permanently replaced from Immortal Hulk? I think people have been let go from the comic industry for less controversial things (though, same can be said about people staying on for doing worse).
I mean, Frank Miller still does shit. And Steranko is a MAGA guy. John Bryne is somehow still respected.

I think he'll stay only because he can work 2 books a month.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Haven't really looked too much into the Benett thing but i plan on doing so

but from what i heard, he doesn't seem like a guy who Ewing would like to work with... i dunno

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I mean all he did was say he was happy someone got slapped, right?
yeah, that's uh like understating the issue time a billion

a well-known, pulitzer-winning reporter -- glenn greenwald -- who has a heavy focus on bringing to light political corruption, specifically within the Brazilian government and the Bolsonaro administration, was interviewing a right-wing journalist. this journalist had repeatedly attacked greenwald, who is gay, over the past year. making statements insinuating greenwald and his husband were abusing their adopted children. in a heated exchange, the right-wing guy assaulted greenwald.

in other words, bennett either was cheering for this right-wing guy to hit greenwald because he agrees with his homophobic views and believes gay people deserve to be assaulted, or he supported the assault because he's a supporter of the corrupt bolsonaro government and believes that detractors deserve to be assaulted.

either way, very, very fucked up stuff. context matters.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

a well-known, pulitzer-winning reporter -- glenn greenwald -- who has a heavy focus on bringing to light political corruption, specifically within the Brazilian government and the Bolsonaro administration, was interviewing a right-wing journalist. this journalist had repeatedly attacked greenwald, who is gay, over the past year. making statements insinuating greenwald and his husband were abusing their adopted children. in a heated exchange, the right-wing guy assaulted greenwald.

in other words, bennett either was cheering for this right-wing guy to hit greenwald because he agrees with his homophobic views and believes gay people deserve to be assaulted, or he supported the assault because he's a supporter of the corrupt bolsonaro government and believes that detractors deserve to be assaulted.

You could give a Bennet benefit of the doubt that maybe he's ignorant if he was American and didn't like some of his controversial comments about American politics

Buuuuuuuuuuut he's Brazilian so he has to be extra ignorant and I doubt it

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going into wade I to political discourse but plenty of people on the left also fucking hate Gleen Greenwald. First result on Google for him is an article about how Mueller OBLITERATED the Trump-Russia conspiracy theories lmao

oh didn't realize Bennett was Brazilian lol

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Benett won't be replaced and he already backtracked on his stupid comment (at least tried to). Marvel won't ever comment on this issue.

I just find it funny that a guy who's probably pro Bolsonaro is drawing a book that's going into a "capitalism fucking sucks" angle

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Benett won't be replaced and he already backtracked on his stupid comment (at least tried to). Marvel won't ever comment on this issue.

I just find it funny that a guy who's probably pro Bolsonaro is drawing a book that's going into a "capitalism fucking sucks" angle
Also Green Hulk hates government corruption

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going into wade I to political discourse but plenty of people on the left also fucking hate Gleen Greenwald. First result on Google for him is an article about how Mueller OBLITERATED the Trump-Russia conspiracy theories lmao
yeah if he was american, this would float. it's what i thought at first, too. but him being brazilian really erases that benefit of the doubt. he knows exactly who greenwald is, who this right wing crackpot is, and exactly the background between the two and how they related to the brazilian government.

agreed. i think it's too far removed from the "discourse" that it won't even register as a blip outside of forums like here where we pay attention to that stuff. and yeah, fuckin' sucks.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
There's too much wriggle room to interpret Bennet's statement, so I don't think anything will happen

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

I'm also saying though it's also not the same as some of the sexual harassment that's happened and those people still get work. Or Ethan Van Sciver (though not Marvel) actually telling people on Facebook to go kill themselves, which was extreme enough at that point despite being an actual Nazi. Marvel won't bump Bennet for that. Too vague by comparison.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also saying though it's also not the same as some of the sexual harassment that's happened and those people still get work. Or Ethan Van Sciver (though not Marvel) actually telling people on Facebook to go kill themselves, which was extreme enough at that point despite being an actual Nazi. Marvel won't bump Bennet for that. Too vague by comparison.
eh, the vagueness i think, if anything, does him even more of a disservice. whatever his intention with his support of the assault, it comes off as if he's cheering on a bigot hitting a gay man while screaming at him that he and his husband should have his kids taken away from. not a good look, to say the least.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine not including the best Batman book of the decade...

Nice seeing Immortal Hulk on the list! Black Panther though, im not sure it was that good. No Surrender shouldve made the list just for being an amazing self contained story on its own. Not sure what else I would have added.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
88daapZ.png

Says shouldn't lump those together. Still lumps them together.

YrpiyFB.png

Sounds about right.
They're not even the same type of book
Ms marvel is standard superhero with lighthearted and grounded tone
Squirrel girl is borderline parody
Lumberjanes is an adventure book

The only reason to do this is the possible intended demographic and Ms marvel is more "wide appeal" imo

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
should i watch aew full gear tonight, folk? is it going to be great? how do i even watch, anyway?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone getting this?

Im waiting to see if they do an audiobook version (that was a joke)

Status
Not open for further replies.