• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Question for NYC folks, is Midtown the shop to check? Not sure what my free time will be like this weekend but if I can I'd like to hit up comic shop while I'm there.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
InStockTrades Deals of the Week and featured Latest Releases for October 13, 2019.

TZQBbJH.png

there's a trade paperback called the massive omnibus lol

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question for NYC folks, is Midtown the shop to check? Not sure what my free time will be like this weekend but if I can I'd like to hit up comic shop while I'm there.

I went to a place called forbidden planet when I visited back in like 2011, near union square. it was cool. cozy place. never been to midtown though but I generally avoid that area of new york because I'm always there around new years and fuuuuuuuuuuuck that except for late nights at the best buy theater

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017

What kind of plans do you have for Nova? How has the massacre of the Nova Corps and the cosmic rebirth of the Olympian gods impacted him?
Nova's one of my favorite characters, because he's changed so drastically since his origins. He started off as this Spidey-esque figure, this version of the high school kid learning their powers, but over the years he's grown into someone with a lot more depth and range. What fascinates me about him in this context is that he doesn't really have a home on Earth any more -- he can't function there -- but he doesn't really have a home in space either, especially since the latest incarnation of the Nova Corps ended. Also, he's the only person on the team who fully understands how bad things have gotten in terms of the big picture of galactic politics -- how close to total war the universe is drifting. So that's having an effect on him as well.

Speaking my language, Ewing!

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I know I'm using Disney+ in what's probably the lamest way possibly to start off, but I'm watching Frozen for the first time.

Boy they gotta work on this de-synch issue. I'm gonna chalk it up to either a console streaming issue (only streamed from my PS4 so far) or a day one issue.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm using Disney+ in what's probably the lamest way possibly to start off, but I'm watching Frozen for the first time.

Boy they gotta work on this de-synch issue. I'm gonna chalk it up to either a console streaming issue (only streamed from my PS4 so far) or a day one issue.
there was an article saying that the most popular disney+ offering in test groups was Agents of Shield. watching frozen has gotta be a million times more cool than that.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

hahahaha i love you man. even if our tastes diverge.
I'm hittin up Tangled next, because I also have never seen that.

Like, Disney animated movies were my first big nerd thing and at some point in my life I said "fuck it," so this is my big opportunity to hit all the shit I missed either before my time or during the period in my life where I just didn't watch any of that.

Honestly feels like I should've pursued an animation career sometimes in my life.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
all ive watched so far is mandalorian and the new pixar shorts. can see why these new ones didn't make the cut for earlier release. they're just not as polished.

im thinking my first film will be zootopia. after reading Beastars yesterday, it seems mildly inappropriate and hilarious.

Deleted member 60729

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
The interesting thing to me about some of the Disney+ discussion around social media is seeing how many people seemingly have a passion for various Disney things, but didn't actually own much of it, if any.

As much as I love streaming services, I hope we haven't gotten to a point where people only watch things that are available on streaming services, like nothing else exists.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
The interesting thing to me about some of the Disney+ discussion around social media is seeing how many people seemingly have a passion for various Disney things, but didn't actually own much of it, if any.

As much as I love streaming services, I hope we haven't gotten to a point where people only watch things that are available on streaming services, like nothing else exists.
We've been at that point for quite a few years now. How many times have you suggested something to someone only for them to ask if it's available on a service and if it isn't, then they don't watch it? I mean there's reasons for it and I can't judge people for it.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

I have a passion for Even Stevens and old Disney Channel Original Movies. Most of them couldn't be purchased. So this is wonderful.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

That Disney Vault shit.

Yeah, my thing is the aspect ratio stuff which I don't have any issue of but the Simpsons needed to stay 4:3 with the SD seasons. Also no commentaries which were great to dig into are almost gone.

That's honestly my biggest issue with + so far.

Does Frozen have the Extras?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yo that ending to The Mandolorian was so cool.

Really hope this ends up being a story about him protecting that bounty rather than turning it in.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I read the Gleason drawn ASM issues. Gleason is just a stellar artist. Fuck me. I love it so much. He's kinda perfect for Spidey in a way that he was for Batman and Robin imo. Fuck 2099 and fuck the fact that his first issues are the start of some bullshit event.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read the Gleason drawn ASM issues. Gleason is just a stellar artist. Fuck me. I love it so much. He's kinda perfect for Spidey in a way that he was for Batman and Robin imo. Fuck 2099 and fuck the fact that his first issues are the start of some bullshit event.

2099 is fun.

But yeah I doubt this will be anything worthwhile, 2099 ideally would be a playground for new talent to try ideas and develop, ala ulimate

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how to buy magazine rack for cheap? I'd love one personally, I only got about a box of comics but still

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried we're gonna get a crisis in 5 years time and it's like

I don't really care? Like we need a decade build up before I really give a damn for another one, DoomClock sucked the energy out of one of those for awhile.

Watch Wally west be the new anti monitor or some shit

Deleted member 60729

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
Frozen is so good. Anna is one of the brightest rays of sunshine in Disney's entire history, and Elsa is basically the closest thing to a depressed gay girl they've ever given us, so that's obviously meaningful for a lot of people.

"Let it Go" is a fucking epic.

Olaf is a tremendously underrated character. People have this knee-jerk negativity towards those kinds of sidekick characters sometimes, but Olaf is one of the most pleasantly chill "baked out of his goddamn mind" characters I've ever seen. Like, actual stoner movies don't have stoner characters that good.

And then if course, the sisterly love resolution. It's beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.