• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
if that Blackest Night omni has everything in the right order I'll break my no physical comics rule. That's one set of floppies I regret not holding onto

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just read #14 of Immortal Iron Fist (One where Brubaker leaves) Been great so far

Do the rest of the 27 issues hold up?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I ordered the best Batman story that has ever been and will ever be.
x4K0KQc.png

Congrats! I'm waiting for the Deluxe.

SGM did a sketchbook apparently, but it sold out before I even knew about it lol. Would have bought one had I known :(

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Make sure to masturbate before reading White Knight.

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
Haha "Akira Yoshida" wrote one of the stories in Hellboy Weird Tales. I'm guessing it will be as good as his Fear Agent story *rolls eyes*

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden

All those old pictures lol

Omg

Speaking of comics, CMX's top ten from the week:
  1. Detective Comics #990
  2. Amazing Spider-Man #7
  3. Hellboy Omnibus Vol. 4: Hellboy in Hell
  4. Hellboy Omnibus Vol. 1: Seed of Destruction
  5. Hellboy Omnibus Vol. 3: The Wild Hunt
  6. Superman #4
  7. Hellboy Omnibus Vol. 2: Strange Places
  8. Wonder Woman #56
  9. Avengers #9
  10. The Flash #56
That was a REALLY good deal on HB

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Damn Morrison's Batman is amazing. I'm at the start of RIP and the only low point so far was the (partial) Ra's Al Ghul story... The 'Joe Chill in Hell' issue is my favorite so far, such a great mix of Year One-like flashbacks, delirium and madness. I'll leave the rest of RIP for tomorrow.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
MYSTERIES OF LOVE IN SPACE #1

Written by James Tynion IV, Saladin Ahmed, Cecil Castellucci, Kyle Higgins, Jeff Loveness and others, art by Tom Grummett, Kyle Hotz, Elena Casagrande, Max Dunbar and others, cover by Joelle Jones.

Sometimes love can make you feel like you're from another planet...but what if you actually were? Join Superman, The New Gods, Green Lantern, Starro, Hawkgirl and even the Teen Titans' new sensation Crush for eight tales of romance that will whisk you to the moon and back!

80 pages, $9.99, in stores on Jan. 30.
Please let Crush be gay like early rumors had it

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how are the quality of DC's omnibuses? I've read some not so great things about them and have been eyeing that morrison batman one

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap at that Blackest Night Omnibus, lol. Going to be a beast. Can't wait.

gobbless you Grant Morrison

Bj2NiXL.jpg

Hahaha. I love this man.

how are the quality of DC's omnibuses? I've read some not so great things about them and have been eyeing that morrison batman one

Everything published from 2015 on is good, though the 1200+ page ones have pretty tight bindings. Morrison Batman Omni is very nice.

DC's omnis generally don't stay as flat as Marvel's, and their cover boards are thinner and sometimes uglier (but also sometimes better looking), but their paper stock is much better.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything published from 2015 on is good, though the 1200+ page ones have pretty tight bindings. Morrison Batman Omni is very nice.

DC's omnis generally don't stay as flat as Marvel's, and their cover boards are thinner and sometimes uglier (but also sometimes better looking), but their paper stock is much better.

nice, thanks. morrison's batman run is on my to read list so I figured I'd go ahead and snag this before it goes out of print because vol 2 is june 2019 and vol 3 isn't dated yet

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Man, fell behind on the thread and spent a while catching up, whoops. Fortunately (?) most of the tweets weren't loading on my phone, so that sped things up, though... (seriously though ended up like 60 pages behind on this thread, so it took a while to read all that. Which maybe I didn't NEED to do, but this is how I keep up with comic book stuff, dang it!)

Anyway, haven't read any American comics since falling off, but I DID read through volumes 1-39 of Berserk for the first time ever (still need to import 40), and started reading Tezuka's Phoenix, which is just insanely good considering its vintage especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.