• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, fell behind on the thread and spent a while catching up, whoops. Fortunately (?) most of the tweets weren't loading on my phone, so that sped things up, though... (seriously though ended up like 60 pages behind on this thread, so it took a while to read all that. Which maybe I didn't NEED to do, but this is how I keep up with comic book stuff, dang it!)

Anyway, haven't read any American comics since falling off, but I DID read through volumes 1-39 of Berserk for the first time ever (still need to import 40), and started reading Tezuka's Phoenix, which is just insanely good considering its vintage especially.

I want to get into Berserk but I'm scared off both by its amount of books and the prospect of Muira dying before he finishes.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
gobbless you Grant Morrison

Bj2NiXL.jpg

We finally getting rid of Hal Jordan? He's going to trash talk and then get slapped out of existence? Jordan GL justified.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God will make Hal the Spectre again and he'll finally return to being interesting.

Hal!Spectre was awesome don't @ me.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of reading, I keep reading Lone Wolf and Cub and I'm starting to think this might just be the best samurai manga there is. It might even be better than Tokyo Ghost, Remender-san's best manga.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Aizo-san, I'm really gonna start reading Junji Ito this time. I just gotta read the last issue of Sandman Overture tonight then I'm gonna start either Tomie or Uzumaki. Also gonna pick up Frankenstein from IST this week.
Bless you. I think I started with Uzumaki long ago, so I think that could treat you well. I didn't even know his Frankenstein was translated (?)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's Frankenstein? Another Ito work?

I loved Uzumaki but I never read Gyo.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Ito made a straight up comic adaptation of Frankenstein.

It's worth noting that this release also includes other stories.

Junji Ito meets Mary Shelley! The master of horror manga bends all his skill into bringing the anguished and solitary monster-and the fouler beast who created him-to life with the brilliantly detailed chiaroscuro he is known for.
Also included are six tales of Oshikiri-a high school student who lives in a decaying mansion connected to a haunted parallel world. Uncanny doppelgangers, unfortunately murdered friends, and a whole lot more are in store for him.
Bonus: The Ito family dog! Thrill to the adventures of Non-non Ito, an adorable Maltese!

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Man I love solicit day. I don't see Shazam there though. Don't tell me Johns Shazam got delayed already though? C'mon man it hasn't even started!

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like Unexpected and Suicide Squad are cancelled. I guess this means the Azzarello Sucide Squad book will be a relaunch.

Man I love solicit day. I don't see Shazam there though. Don't tell me Johns Shazam got delayed already though? C'mon man it hasn't even started!
Yeah, it looks like there isn't going to be an issue of Shazam in January.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Is Harley going monthly in January :/ Only one regular issue and 2 Old Lady Harley issues.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like Unexpected and Suicide Squad are cancelled. I guess this means the Azzarello Sucide Squad book will be a relaunch.

Yeah, it looks like there isn't going to be an issue of Shazam in January.

I would rather the Suicide Squad book ends as one big run for Williams. Thats cool. Its been a really good book.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Who's the astronaut?

No idea. It's a romance anthology. She probably bangs Darkseid.
Sometimes love can make you feel like you're from another planet...but what if you actually were? Join Superman, The New Gods, Green Lantern, Starro, Hawkgirl and even the Teen Titans' new sensation Crush for eight tales of romance that will whisk you to the moon and back!

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Young Justice is go! $5 through, bleh (yeah I know, more pages)!

Superboy, Wonder Girl, Robin, Impulse, and Amethyst are each getting a variant cover.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So the Bensons are gone from Arrow

Was wondering about that. Are we sure it's permanent? Of all the post-Percy teams I think their arc was the best (Children of Vahkar), so I'd be down.

Either way the first Rebirth Deluxe edition is out this week so I've got that to look forward to.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Picked up the 4 Hellboy omnibuses from Comixology for $5 each. I've read a couple of the trades and drug what I read so I'm excited to dig in.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Omg, DC is renaming Dick Grayson to Ric Grayson LOL

A change that the DC executives have been wanting to make for several years, due to unfortunate connotations with that name in recent decades. And they have taken this moment of amnesia/shock/bullet-through-the-head and taken full advantage of the opportunity granted them. Because this Nightwing? You don't know Dick. No one does…

Someone please stop DiDio! Seriously, anyone... Please stop this mad man,

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Batman Creature of the Night #4 coming out in January! :o

Only had to wait like eight months.

Status
Not open for further replies.