• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I'll say one good thing about Ric and it's that he's still kinda hot

But also he's like bootleg Jason Todd and that's just

Why

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Ric Grayson

unknown.png

So it's version of Superior. Lost memories, new name, new personality. Rediscovering how to be a hero.

Given that "Ric" is obviously temporary, I'll give it a spin.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I really do wonder what would've happened if Didio turned Ric into Batman's greatest villian like he wanted. I can't even imagine what kind of things he would do.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Just read the first issue of Kill or Be Killed, and it seems like it could be cool.

Oh huh, I started that too! I read the first three issues and I'm honestly really impressed already. Just feels like pitch perfect noir tropes with a Faustian wrapper and Moore-esque narration/layouts.

Honestly, Brubaker gotta be top ten writers in the game right now. Easy.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
So it's version of Superior. Lost memories, new name, new personality. Rediscovering how to be a hero.

Given that "Ric" is obviously temporary, I'll give it a spin.
I'm reminded of when Bendis changed Rich Rider's name to Ryder. The moment he actually came back and was in the Nova book his og name was restored.

This name change will last a year/until the storyline is done/the movie gets casting announced unless this is really down to that new non-DC executive. I have way more faith in Lobdell and Fabian than I do Percy.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Timetable for the week:
Today: DC announces Ric Grayson.
Tomorrow: everyone starts referring to him as Ric Assley.
Thursday: confused DC execs are given a crash course in Tumblr. Worldviews collapse.
Friday: entire idea is quietly dropped.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
Dick Grayson: Serious, boring, works for THE MAN. Has a lame haircut.

Ric Grayson: Cool, works for himself, has awesome bar friends, doesn't care about your RULES. Has a rad buzzcut to cut down on matinence.

I hope Ric sticks around forever.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Dick Grayson: Serious, boring, works for THE MAN. Has a lame haircut.

Ric Grayson: Cool, works for himself, has awesome bar friends, doesn't care about your RULES. Has a rad buzzcut to cut down on matinence.

I hope Ric sticks around forever.
Why are you talking about Jason Todd in the Ric part and when did Todd have bar friends

Nov 13, 2017
I'm reminded of when Bendis changed Rich Rider's name to Ryder. The moment he actually came back and was in the Nova book his og name was restored.

This name change will last a year/until the storyline is done/the movie gets casting announced unless this is really down to that new non-DC executive. I have way more faith in Lobdell and Fabian than I do Percy.

He didn't change the name. He just misspelled it half the time and right the other half.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
Look, all you people saying Ric is like Jason Todd aren't seeing the big differences. All they have in common is a death-like experience, a similar hairdo, attitude, and a complete disregard for society's rules. I don't think Jason EVER drove a cab, one of America's most popular jobs that's only on the rise. And Jason never hung out in a bar with a crew right out of central casting. There's a lot of differences here, folks.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even better than Ric Grayson is that 90s Marvel dream team of Lobdell and Fabian Nicieza. Man it's not taking Didio and Lee anytime at all to fuck everything up since Johns stepped down from his exec position

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
I read Issue #7 of Venom. It has a character i didn't expect to appear in this comic and I still think that this is a great comic book.

Spencers first run had a pretty good ending and the first two issues of the new one are great. The second has some callbacks to superior foes. If you liked that book than this second arc of Spencers might be for you.

Skippy

Alt-Account
Oct 8, 2018
Yeah, I wanted to like Black Science but it never really grabbed me. I liked the concept and the art, but I just couldn't get into it. Kill or Be Killed was a really cool book. I think it's a better read, personally.

The concept of Black Science seemed right up my alley. I thought I was going to love it. Not sure why I couldn't get into it though.

Skippy

Alt-Account
Oct 8, 2018
Anyone here read Morning Glories? Looking for some good original comics. Preferably ones that have completed their runs.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I am 90% sure that Supergirl is a better story about Ronga Zorf or whatever than Superman is. Also I love Maguire's facial expressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.