• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what Hulk's view on the X-Men is. Are they enough of a paradigm shift that he'd consider them allies of circumstance, or is the whole conflict between mutants and humans a symptom of the thing he's trying to wipe out?

When do we get Immortal Hulk vs. the X-Men is what I'm asking. HvX.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
bernie sanders' opening statement at the start of the next debate; "let's talk about the human world."

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Wonder what Hulk's view on the X-Men is. Are they enough of a paradigm shift that he'd consider them allies of circumstance, or is the whole conflict between mutants and humans a symptom of the thing he's trying to wipe out?

X-men seem pretty eco-friendly

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Silver Sufer Black was so beautiful, not sure I am vibing with the radical and fundamental changes that were done to the character in the final pages.

He has always been one of my favorite characters in fiction, curious to see how this pans out in Cates Thor #1.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Silver Sufer Black was so beautiful, not sure I am vibing with the radical and fundamental changes that were dobne to the character in the final pages.

He has always been one of my favorite characters in fiction, curious to see how this pans out in Cates Thor #1.

there was definitely a nice little wink wink nudge nudge in the dialogue with the sound of their swords clashing being able to deafen a god

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to explain to me what the hell is going on in Hellblazer lol. Im almost finished with the issue, so maybe they explain it better by the end.

Deleted member 60729

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
My favorite Switch game is the little scavenger hunt you get to go on every time you sit down and see that the system isn't in the fucking dock.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, wind and cold weather advisory. Had to go cut my peonies to the ground in the freezing rain, supposed to go below 0 tonight.

Also, what do I do with all the candy I bought, I don't think anyone's showing up tonight.

On top of that, just saw that Silver Spoon is ending in 4 issues. -_-

Foofaraw

Oct 25, 2017
ive got a backlog of games, but incl october and november, theres:

Pokemanz
Star Wars (1 month premier is £15)
Outer Worlds
Disco Elysium
WWE 2K20 (PSN wouldn't refund me, should've went with Steam)

Strong picks. Thanks for reminding me I can play Star Wars on the cheap. I really need to play Disco Elysium here soon.

bernie sanders' opening statement at the start of the next debate; "let's talk about the human world."

Nah, Sanders would acknowledge the class struggle.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Like, it feels like Hellblazer #1 should have been a Rebirth #1. But I cant tell if thats what they are going for or not. Is this the same John as the one thats in JLD or Event Leviathan? Is this supposed to take place in the "real" world.

Maybe after a few more issues itll make more sense to me.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to explain to me what the hell is going on in Hellblazer lol. Im almost finished with the issue, so maybe they explain it better by the end.

John is at the end of days after Timothy Hunter goes crazy, as he's dying he makes a deal for his soul with what he thinks is a future/alternate version of himself to go back in time and stop that future from happening. Of course it like everything went sideways at the end.

It's tied to his appearance in the original Books of Magic miniseries and puts him back in his old Vertigo continuity, albeit de-aged.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, we listing backlogs! I got a ton lol. But these are the ones I for sure want to get to first:

Outer Worlds
Astral Chain
AI The Somnium Files
Judgement
Disco Elysium

Then I got Xenoblade Torna, Tales of Vesperia, DQ XI and Builders 2, then Trails of Cold Steel and Zero no Keseki

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
I think I am just getting Fallen Order and Pokemans for this month. Bought The Outer Worlds and Luigi's Mansion yesterday. May still pick up Modern Warfare but wishy washy on that (I loved the beta, but let's just say I, uh, have reservations about buying the game for multiple reasons).

I really want to get Disco Elysium, but as someone who streams....fuck me, that's a lot of reading out loud (the blizzard of tutorials in the first few hours of The Outer Worlds was getting close to this). A friend of mine is doing it, but only doing an hour a day at the end of streams, which seems like the only way I could get through it. But it would take forever, and I don't like playing more than one game per show.

In terms of stuff where I am currently midgame, not counting my endless/gaas:
Assassin's Creed Odyssey (picked this up as my "substitute teacher" game when I don't want to play anything else)
Batman Arkham City (playing through the whole series. I'm at Mr. Freeze so I don't think I have far to go.)
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (counts as a GaaS, but I haven't finished the campaign. I can't do mouseaim right now because my right shoulder is pretty sore atm, so I'm stuck.)
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Untitled Goose Game
Zelda Link's Awakening

Last edited:

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
DC editor Andy Khorl droppin' some fun teasers on Twitter.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
So, anyone know what's going on with Flavor? Just finished the first volume and I really really enjoyed it! Something clicked immediately with the food/cooking setting and the very fast moving introduction to the various characters and the rather melancholic world. Art is very colourful and bright but Wook Jin Clark does such a great job of capturing facial emotions that it perfectly reflects the constant dread and fear the lead character is under and the weight she is carrying.

Things were getting really interesting towards the end of the trade and I find out there's been no issue released since that one 1 year ago?! wth.

Epf4ZPx.jpg

icLo48G.png

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I think I am just getting Fallen Order and Pokemans for this month. Bought The Outer Worlds and Luigi's Mansion yesterday. May still pick up Modern Warfare but wishy washy on that (I loved the beta, but let's just say I, uh, have reservations about buying the game for multiple reasons).
No Death Stranding?! What the fuck what the fuck WHAT THE FUCK.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
No Death Stranding?! What the fuck what the fuck WHAT THE FUCK.

I had to make some hard choices. I don't think I'm the right kind of person to riff on a Kojima game for 20 hours or however long it is. I don't have enough hours in the day between streaming and (hopefully) working to fit in games that aren't generating me interest (or, uh, revenue, which is secondary but it helps).

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Silver Sufer Black was so beautiful, not sure I am vibing with the radical and fundamental changes that were done to the character in the final pages.

As soon as it was announced that Cates was doing a mini called Silver Surfer Black, I knew exactly what the final result would be (thanks Thanos Wins)

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, wind and cold weather advisory. Had to go cut my peonies to the ground in the freezing rain, supposed to go below 0 tonight.

Also, what do I do with all the candy I bought, I don't think anyone's showing up tonight.

On top of that, just saw that Silver Spoon is ending in 4 issues. -_-
Didn't that go on hiatus for a good while? I remember reading that like 1000 years ago.
Both of the WW black label books are gonna be amazing
What's the one other than the Apocalypse one?

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't that go on hiatus for a good while? I remember reading that like 1000 years ago.

What's the one other than the Apocalypse one?
There's actually two others! But the one linked above with the black and white Jiminez art is Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons, about Hippolyta's rise to power. Written by Kelly Sue. The third is Wonder Woman: Diana's Daughter from Rucka, which is supposed to be about a post-Superman world, I think. Dunno if an artist has been announced for that yet.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
As soon as it was announced that Cates was doing a mini called Silver Surfer Black, I knew exactly what the final result would be (thanks Thanos Wins)

Well, yeah that much was obvious, and we saw him on the cover for an upcoming Thor issue too.

My thing is more the
absolution of Norrin Rad. Like, his tortured past and will for redemption has always been my biggest pull to this character. It's a beautiful story and well written, I probably need a bit of time to digest such a radical change.

Having him make peace with the destruction he was complicit in by making him a source of life in the cosmos, there is some poetic justice there, beauty in a flawed deterministic universe. But where dos that leave him now? Will this just be like Lifebringer and reversed after he fights Knull in Cates inevitable huge event book?

Whatever it ends up being, the whole book is one of the absolute best SS books I had the pleasure of reading, just a bit lost after such a change.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well, yeah that much was obvious, and we saw him on the cover for an upcoming Thor issue too.

My thing is more the
absolution of Norrin Rad. Like, his tortured past and will for redemption has always been my biggest pull to this character. It's a beautiful story and well written, I probably need a bit of time to digest such a radical change.

Having him make peace with the destruction he was complicit in by making him a source of life in the cosmos, there is some poetic justice there, beauty in a flawed deterministic universe. But where dos that leave him now? Will this just be like Lifebringer and reversed after he fights Knull in Cates inevitable huge event book?

Whatever it ends up being, the whole book is one of the absolute best SS books I had the pleasure of reading, just a bit lost after such a change.
dang, yeah. great write-up and really great questions. agree with everything you said.

Deleted member 60729

Banned
Oct 20, 2019

My thing is more the

This is the type of moment that led me to realizing that I don't give a crap about the "what's next" element of these ongoing comics, and that the only thing that actually matters is getting transcendent stories like this. They're worth any aftermath.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
This is the type of moment that led me to realizing that I don't give a crap about the "what's next" element of these ongoing comics, and that the only thing that actually matters is getting transcendent stories like this. They're worth any aftermath.

Oh yeah, I won't lose sleep or write a strongly worded letter to Cates either, the beauty of the medium is these kinds of things hapenning after 50 years of a status quo!!

I think guessing and imagining the future of a series is also part of the fun of a serialised medium like this! For the record I LOVED Lifebringer Galactus, and was pretty bumed when he reverted back, but of course he would!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
YO! They put Jack Ryan Season 2 up today~!

Anyone get that "new" iPad? Curious how the screen quality it, and how books look on it. Like are the dimensions right, or do you loose part of the page and have to zoom out a bit.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017

Probably similar to how Namor views them: they don't actually buy into their own beliefs and don't have enough conviction to follow through with their master plans. But, Bruce would give them bonus points for having relations with Krakoa.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017

My thing is more the

Eh I don't really see it getting changed outside of
him being black, that definitely won't last. Dr Strange did more or less this same exact thing a few months ago
. I don't even see it as a "what happens moving forward" because it's not something that affects the stories you could tell with Surfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.