• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Gotta be honest i liked AbCarn #4 more than #2 or #3

Leaving aside the hulk thing, it was just more coherent and had some kinda direction

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Contagion is one of my favorite things

It's like a missing story arc to Bendis' Defenders
Yeah, about that. What do folk make of this page? Clear reference to Children of the Vault, right? Any ideas about the Wild Gods?

HIWuvPw.jpg
Mutants

It's always mutants

If not mutants, then the remaining Orchis?
I don't like how they just, you know, glossed over the fact that Vulcan was a genocidal tyrant.
I know Apocalypse is on the council I can't get over Starjammers being cool with Vulcan and Vulcan not being space hitler and cyclops kooky brother
Yeah it's wack as fuck

But hilarious

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Just think, with the 2000s coming up we'll finally get to see the Javier Rodriguez interpretation of some hot Norman Osborn on Gwen Stacy action.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder where the idea for that Batman retcon came from.

I know Apocalypse is on the council I can't get over Starjammers being cool with Vulcan and Vulcan not being space hitler and cyclops kooky brother
I don't know about the Starjammers, but a big part of this is all the mutants coming together regardless of their past, so in that sense it fits with what Hickman is doing.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I don't know about the Starjammers, but a big part of this is all the mutants coming together regardless of their past, so in that sense it fits with what Hickman is doing.
That's fine and all, but I'm pretty sure Vulcan is wanted for like 50 billion space crimes.

And I don't think Marvel can get away with genociding alien races and just going "It's fine, Skrulls aren't people" any more.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be honest i liked AbCarn #4 more than #2 or #3

Leaving aside the hulk thing, it was just more coherent and had some kinda direction

yeah I thought the character moments with Eddie were nice and the dialogue and pacing leading up to the ending we are venom was effective

and Cates is always good for some dumb metal ass comics bullshit Winter Soldier Brock, horned super charged Carnage with the Venom symbiote, and Brock absorbing those codexes

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
That's fine and all, but I'm pretty sure Vulcan is wanted for like 50 billion space crimes.

And I don't think Marvel can get away with genociding alien races and just going "It's fine, Skrulls aren't people" any more.
Based on the teasers we will be getting stuff with Vulcan, so we'll see what happens there. Dude is also allied with Krakoa, so they would probably protect him from any crimes outsiders try to charge him with.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Mutants have diplomatic immunity now, I'm sure the Shi'ar would extradite him without a fuss. They're a reasonable people!

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Or the Starjammers being chill even with Corsair not totally being onboard with the new mutant thing
yeah I thought the character moments with Eddie were nice and the dialogue and pacing leading up to the ending we are venom was effective

and Cates is always good for some dumb metal ass comics bullshit Winter Soldier Brock, horned super charged Carnage with the Venom symbiote, and Brock absorbing those codexes
Hulk aside absolute carnage has been great
Agents of Wakanda is saving comics in a way we never knew it needed to be saved
It's true comics

Porl

Nov 6, 2017

yeah! all that stuff was super fun

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Mutants have diplomatic immunity now, I'm sure the Shi'ar would extradite him without a fuss. They're a reasonable people!
"Yeah we're arresting Vulcan for like every War crime imaginable and even some we created just for Vulcam
Xmen: sorry diplomatic immunity
"Oh we're sorry let him go and our emperor Kallark is nice and reasonable man I'm sure he's fine with this. It's not like he hated Vulcan with every fiber of his being"
Ah yes, the well known diplomatic immunity granted by the United Nations, of which the Shi'ar empire is a... you think they give a fuck?!
I mean don't you remember Gladiator loved Vulcan and he was his best friend

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just getting to X-Men #1 finally, so i havent been reading everyones impressions yet, so sorry if this was already answered.
Was that girl they found in the tube a Black Swan?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
"Yeah we're arresting Vulcan for like every War crime imaginable and even some we created just for Vulcam
Xmen: sorry diplomatic immunity
"Oh we're sorry let him go and our emperor Kallark is nice and reasonable man I'm sure he's fine with this. It's not like he hated Vulcan with every fiber of his being"

I mean don't you remember Gladiator loved Vulcan and he was his best friend
For all we know Gladiator thinks Vulcan is still dead.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
The villain stuff is probably the actual dumbest thing Hickman is doing, it just exists to create future potential stories rather than making sense.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Absolute Carnage was kind of a clusterfuck today. Not helping that it kind of completely contradicts the way Miles' tie-in ended, which leaves the question why even have the tie-in in the first place?

Also kind of curious how Miles mysterious knows the secret to how The Maker's machine work when he's been completely out of the loop and MIA?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Absolute Carnage was kind of a clusterfuck today. Not helping that it kind of completely contradicts the way Miles' tie-in ended, which leaves the question why even have the tie-in in the first place?

Also kind of curious how Miles mysterious knows the secret to how The Maker's machine work when he's been completely out of the loop and MIA?

For $$$$ that's why.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The villain stuff is probably the actual dumbest thing Hickman is doing, it just exists to create future potential stories rather than making sense.
This made me realize that the villains are pretty screwed to the point where they can't actually be all that evil anymore or they will have to face the punishment. Someone will probably slip at some point though.

Let's hope he never finds out

I actually I do it would be great

Oh yeah and remember Warbird it really Storm if she was a shiar warrior
We know that Gladiator and the Shi'ar will be showing up.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I just realized.

"I remember the day my son was born."

MOTHERFUCKER, NO YOU DON'T. YOU LITERALLY WERE NOT THERE.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized.

"I remember the day my son was born."

MOTHERFUCKER, NO YOU DON'T. YOU LITERALLY WERE NOT THERE.
yeahhhh there are more and more examples implying that xavier is fucking with people's brains with every issue.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I knew this was coming. I really did like this issue, I don't know if it was good as the first issue, but I think it edges out #3 slightly and it definitely blows #2 out of the water.
I'm not so sure about Carnage beating Hulk like that but if a covert black ops can give Hulk and his friends trouble, why not a super powered psycho maniac? Lots of stuff don't make sense in comics. It's bound to happen.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I knew this was coming. I really did like this issue, I don't know if it was good as the first issue, but I think it edges out #3 slightly and it definitely blows #2 out of the water.
I'm not so sure about Carnage beating Hulk like that but if a covert black ops can give Hulk and his friends trouble, why not a super powered psycho maniac? Lots of stuff don't make sense in comics. It's bound to happen.
I actually like the book so far I'm teasing

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Villains on Krakoa makes perfect sense from Xavier's point of view - can't build a strong, independent state if you have to keep dealing with Selene and Apocalypse and whoever starting shit. And it makes sense for most of the villains, too. Like, the X-Men give you a pass to party town, all sins forgiven? Please and thank you. Even if you keep scheming under the radar, it at least keeps them off your back for a while, you know?

The only implausible bit is why the rest of the planet/universe is tolerating it, along with the less "morally compromised" X-Men. But the former hasn't really been explored yet and for the latter, well, there's clearly SOME sort of mental manipulation going down.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Villains on Krakoa makes perfect sense from Xavier's point of view - can't build a strong, independent state if you have to keep dealing with Selene and Apocalypse and whoever starting shit. And it makes sense for most of the villains, too. Like, the X-Men give you a pass to party town, all sins forgiven? Please and thank you. Even if you keep scheming under the radar, it at least keeps them off your back for a while, you know?

The only implausible bit is why the rest of the planet/universe is tolerating it, along with the less "morally compromised" X-Men. But the former hasn't really been explored yet and for the latter, well, there's clearly SOME sort of mental manipulation going down.
To be fair I doubt they advertise Vulcan is alive and on earth

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

We know why Earth is as at least pretending to tolerate it, and we haven't seen anything about whether other planets even know about Krakoa yet.

Wait until they come back for the Himalayas or Atlantis
You joke, but that would be a hype story.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Vulcan was only like 12 mentally when he was slaughtering galaxies and stuff. I'm sure his juvenile record has been expunged by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.