• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Abnett wouldn't be that bad honestly. Jurgens would just be very boring, but he'd do solid filler until they got someone else.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So how'd we all feel about that Metal Men #1?

Cuz boy, I have a way that I felt about it.
Abnett wouldn't be that bad honestly. Jurgens would just be very boring, but he'd do solid filler until they got someone else.
I read Abnett's Titans. The entirety from Rebirth through post-No Justice.

It was bad.

Yes it would be.

Bikkun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
South Carolina, USA

It was bad.

Yes it would be.

In fairness, he said he was hampered by editorial. His story line for Wally was killed by Didio among other interferences.

Basically if a book's involved Wally that looked like it was going to do something and it didn't, Didio was involved. To say nothing of HiC....

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
In fairness, he said he was hampered by editorial. His story line for Wally was killed by Didio among other interferences.

Basically if a book's involved Wally that looked like it was going to do something and it didn't, Didio was involved.
What's the deal with Didio and Wally? I know he doesn't like legacy characters but wasn't his return supposed to be a big point for DC going forward?

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
So how'd we all feel about that Metal Men #1?

Cuz boy, I have a way that I felt about it.

It was bad.

Yes it would be.
I've heard his JLO has been good though. His Aquaman was great. I feel like Titans is one of those mishaps you can blame on both the writer and the editorial.

Bikkun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
South Carolina, USA
What's the deal with Didio and Wally? I know he doesn't like legacy characters but wasn't his return supposed to be a big point for DC going forward?
Rebirth was Johns exerting creational control and bringing Wally back was the big turning point but Dan Didio is a spiteful man. Like Dick became Nightwing again with Rebirth and Ric Grayson happened right as Johns stepped down from his position and Didio got full power again and that is not a coincidence.

Basically Ric is Didio's flex and the only sure way to stop it is to send Dan Didio into the sun. Where's Carol Danvers?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Rebirth was Geoff Johns taking over for that

You may notice when Geoff John's stepped down from his position because he was busy Dick Grayson is suddenly Ric Grayson and Wally accidentally murdered people

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Rebirth was Johns exerting creational control and bringing Wally back was the big turning point but Dan Didio is a spiteful man. Like Dick became Nightwing again with Rebirth and Ric Grayson happened right as Johns stepped down from his position and Didio got full power again and that is not a coincidence.

Basically Ric is Didio's flex and the only sure way to stop it is to send Dan Didio into the sun. Where's Carol Danvers?

The important thing to remember about Ric Grayson is that it was an Eric Esquivel pitch that DC was kinda sorta backed into seeing through when Esquivel got outed as a massive creep.

As for Heroes in Crisis, it was Actually Good and if all you wanted was for Wally to rescue kittens from trees in totally safe, totally harmless ways, you didn't really want Wally back, you wanted your old Flash comics back and those are there already.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Johns has nothing to do with Rebirth outside of those first few storyline/months. After that he went into the movie verse and the rest is history.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Was this posted?

vlejrrehmsqdfgadns1g.Jpg

w8m8ttrdp8rir2nuoqgy.Jpg

lnxhcvfj14vpiias5e1p.Jpg

rs94indfmfq3hcmotegu.Jpg

ccdsilkdrka89qbtmwyj.Jpg

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Akira-san: What would be a good idea after a event and a mini event? I KNOW, ANOTHER MINI EVENT!

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I find it hard to be interested in 2020 if Slott is still writing it, but I don't think it's that bad for a "mini-event", it's just 3 titles

EDIT: Ok, nvm.Way more than 3

Last edited:

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the DC solicitis and I'm fucking stoked the Johns Flash Omnis are finally getting reprinted. I'll definitely grab that and the Byrne Superman omni. It'd be real great if DC would announce Tynion 'tec and Tomasi Superman omnis any day now.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the DC solicitis and I'm fucking stoked the Johns Flash Omnis are finally getting reprinted. I'll definitely grab that and the Byrne Superman omni. It'd be real great if DC would announce Tynion 'tec and Tomasi Superman omnis any day now.

Just be careful if you already have the 2 and 3 from the old ones. I think the new ones are only a 2 omnibus set.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

Basically if a book's involved Wally that looked like it was going to do something and it didn't, Didio was involved.
I'm sure the anything with Roy and Dick as well, but it doesn't change some of the awful character writing. Go read Titans Hunt. Roy "drinking to remember." Dick whining about not getting Bruce's approval and doing a lot of sneaky backstabby nonsense. Drunk Donna.

Actually, bad future Troia as a whole is the most boring shit.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm here to announce that I'm dropping Iron Man for 2020 and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.