• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I really liked Absolute Carnage even though, yeah it was definitely the worst issue of the event.

Also having caught up with Young Justice, the book has gotten a lot better. Bendis just writes like a shonen anime, but one of the ones that has no seasons. OnePiece, Bleach, Dragon Ball, Black Clover.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

leah with an interesting thread on queer kitty here. she specifically notes that folk should read marauders, which seems like as much of a "WE GONNNA DO THIS" as she can probably say within reason. hope it's true!

KNbicjO.png

Z5c2oxl.png

the bad take in this thread is the fact that Kitty is gonna go by "Kate" instead of "Kath", her name is Katherine, it makes more sense, also she should have T-Shirts printed with "KATH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME" written on them since she's in the Hellfire Club now

But Kate is about the most common nickname for Katherine though?

Foofaraw

Oct 25, 2017
the bad take in this thread is the fact that Kitty is gonna go by "Kate" instead of "Kath", her name is Katherine, it makes more sense, also she should have T-Shirts printed with "KATH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME" written on them since she's in the Hellfire Club now

Kath is medical slang for placing a urethral catheter. I don't want that shirt.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
RIP Diamond Lil and discount Rockslide.....I mean Onyx.

These books did a poor job establishing who LIl was. When she was killed I was like WTF was that?!?!?!

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
so did Hickman just read Supernovas and decide that Carey's idea was what he was going to be base his entire run around?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Should I get Naruto UNS Trilogy for the Switch or Dragon Ball FighterZ? They are on sale atm for pretty good prices, but I can only get one now. Really want both, but I can't decide which I should get for PS4 and which to get for the Switch.

so did Hickman just read Supernovas and decide that Carey's idea was what he was going to be base his entire run around?
I'm down for that lol if so!

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I guess History of the Marvel Universe is getting a treasury edition in February? Does that mean it'll have the same awful cover as X-Men: Grand Design? It naturally folds out away from the book.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I bet an oversized hardcover is coming soon though

For sure, but if the timing is like the Grand Design treasuries, well... still waiting.

Good to know I'm not the only one who really dislikes that format.

Only reason I don't have them yet is the style. I saw the first at the local shop and the cover was wrecked just from taking it off the shelf (not by me). No thanks.

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico
Am I the only one that prefers paperback trades over hardcover? Only hardcover trades I have are the first 4 Miles Spidey trades cause I had just started buying comic trades and didn't realize I bought a hardcover one and wanted consistency with the rest of the miles books.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one that prefers paperback trades over hardcover? Only hardcover trades I have are the first 4 Miles Spidey trades cause I had just started buying comic trades and didn't realize I bought a hardcover one and wanted consistency with the rest of the miles books.
I usually pick up Complete Collections over omnis

Unless it's A LOT

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
For sure, but if the timing is like the Grand Design treasuries, well... still waiting.

Only reason I don't have them yet is the style. I saw the first at the local shop and the cover was wrecked just from taking it off the shelf (not by me). No thanks.
Yeah, I wanted Grand Design physically, but I have picked them up a number of times in book shops and hate the texture of the cover and how they fold out. They look/feel cheap. I own Grand Design digitally because of that.

--

Speaking of the few comics I buy physically. Where the hell is Giant Days Not on the Test Edition vol 4??

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Also, Messi , do you think the new edition of Strangers in Paradise will make it to InStockTrades? I don't think I spend 180 bucks for the regular price... I'm worried it'll sell out, though :/

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I prefer wherever I can get a complete set. Like I have every Black Panther complete collection.

But I do have a problem.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

The Grand Design books are still coming out, ya? Wouldn't be surprised if they put out an omnibus or big OHC once they've wrapped up the series. Dunno if History is going to be long enough to justify it.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Black Panther stint in Hell's kitchen is hilarious

This run by David Liss is when Black Panther wasn't king and lost all his powers before Hickman gave it back to him so it's just him and his skills fighting in Hell's Kitchen. It was after that dumb Shadowland event that had Daredevil out for a while and marvel did a whole thing about who's going to be "MAN WITHOUT FEAR" .Funny thing it's fucking Black Panther and it's obvious Liss knew and while he's having trouble he's almost bullying the gang people here. He'S not a mary sue at least dude is too stubborn to accept Luke cage help and he does face actual supervillains that could give him trouble plus no Wakandan tech so it takes him a while to find people. So it's still enjoyable. It's still obvious he's a big fish in a small pond

They even bring Kingpin and The Hand (kingpin was leading the hand then) and lol while Panther actually learns a lesson of getting help it's still bullying. Kingpin fights Daredevil and Spiderman he wasn't ready for African Batman so Black Panther just outsmarted easily and foils his plans. Frisk keeps trying to play 3d chess and here's T'challa playing 6d chess on him and destroying him. Dude has done Daredevil what failed to do in years in like days. Kingpin is still here because Panther leaves

It's almost like Liss knew this idea was dumb and only good for a short run and he uses it to prove by show how beneath him Hells Kitchen and how the bad guys there are completely our of their depths.

It's so fun

Last edited:

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I didn't like Joker, but then again I wouldn't have watched it if not for a friend dragging me to. I just have no interest in the character except for very specific incarnations and the movie didn't fall in the second category

I was thinking "don't you ducking dare" when Thomas Wayne & co walked out of the threatre and yep it happened

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
giphy.gif

What the fuck do you mean I have to wait until Christmas for Superman Smashes the Klan #2?!?

170516_3520162_DC_Comics_Dan_Didio_on_Doomsday_Clock_1500x844_946269763886.jpg

e7654db0a41a86d7-600x338.gif

FREEEEEEEZA! :D

And yes, the wait for Superman Smashes the Klan #2 will be painful along with the wait for the final part. D:

Actually, I just notice that #2 for this and Last Knight On Earth #3 are coming out on the same day lol. That day is going to be fucking hyped.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Did you see they are making Iron Man 2020 into an event book with a bunch of random tie in issues lol.

Also, Azzerello's Birds of Prey is just a one shot now.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
But Mike Carey arc was the Xmen facing off against evolved post humans and well
I really just don't expect Hickman to take so much from any past run. I mean, except Claremont, because it's impossible not to. Even though he might like Carey's stuff, it's not like the Children of the Vault is a particularly robust source to draw from. Especially when Hickman's already done such a great job setting up the toys and sandbox for his own stuff. Plus, there's that detail that the Children of the Vault's goals include wiping out both humanity and mutants. I'm sure he's got a role for this new character in mind, and who knows who the Wild Gods are, but otherwise I'd be super surprised a more significant role for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.