• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing was just pure cringe. I have the whole series' deluxe boxset and I kinda want to have commentary on to see if they try to rationalize their bullshit or if its just them ragging on their stupidity.
I remember reading about how they didn't expect the show to be the success it was and thus didn't plan the story very far. And I think that really shows after the first few seasons. Man, to be a fly on the wall of that writer's room. 😆

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017

Love it! Want it colored please!

You know I just realized: Dick's relationships, as far as siblings go, I can't really define his and Cass'.
In his history of comics/autobiography Supergods, Morrison claims that he turned a temple in the city he was visiting into a giant lion, and caused it to rampage across the landscape, which the news covered as an earthquake. He assures his reader that this could not have been a hallucination, as he was on very few drugs at the time.

I think about this a lot.
And now so will I

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I read all of Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction vol 6 today and I need to lie down. I feel ill... feeling like this is heading for a horrible ending :(. I love all the girls and ill be distraught if any of them get hurt. This is why I was paralized into fear of reading more of Pun Pun. I love Asano but he loves hurting these characters. I just know in Pun he's gonna hurt Aiko or worse.

Demon Slayer Vol 3. Catching up to the show so I can read on. I love this early stuff. Love the art.

Also read 3/4 of Vol 21 of My Hero Academia. I love Tsui. Endeavour is a piece of shit until the end. I don't care. Books still great.

X-Men #1. I miss Larazz and Silva. Fun issue. Needs more Emma and I wish more was out sooner. The bedroom planning is funny. Bring on gay pirate Kitty pls.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I read all of Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction vol 6 today and I need to lie down. I feel ill... feeling like this is heading for a horrible ending :(. I love all the girls and ill be distraught if any of them get hurt. This is why I was paralized into fear of reading more of Pun Pun. I love Asano but he loves hurting these characters. I just know in Pun he's gonna hurt Aiko or worse.
I'm about halfway through Vol.7 right now and there's nothing too bad yet outside the occasional dead invader like every other volume.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about halfway through Vol.7 right now and there's nothing too bad yet outside the occasional dead invader like every other volume.

You know what I am talking about.

Makoto having the 3D printed gun. I'll be so heartbroken if she does what they asked or if she gets blown up :(

I just wanna read a manga about these girls being friends :(

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Messi reading stuff from the wrong author for that then.

Oh I know I'm not going to get it from him. But I love his work. His art is incredible and I get just enough of the friendship stuff to make it worth it. Especially in Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You had it

You had it right there

and then you dropped it

you dropped it and you never picked it up

CLKblTPUAAEESNt.jpg

This is the actual worst.

Forget Angela and Sera. They are at least still canonically dating. Illyana and Leah haven't even seen each other.

I am so mad at this.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all just know that Marvel is just going to have Kitty and Illyana unceremoniously get together out of nowhere. Like Kitty will be fucking around on a pirate ship for a year, get back to Krakoa and then they'll suddenly be madly in love or something lol

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all just know that Marvel is just going to have Kitty and Illyana unceremoniously get together out of nowhere. Like Kitty will be fucking around on a pirate ship for a year, get back to Krakoa and then they'll suddenly be madly in love or something lol
And then they accidentally stumble into Jean's room. Both Scott and Logan are already there.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Handmaiden of Hela, who technically is Hela(From an alternate universe).

whatever who cares, She's doing nothing right now.

When she could be kissing Magik.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

But the issue of Bendis and Anka X-Men where they go together to find mutant kids...you know something was up

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I will never be a fan of Kitty/Illyana cause Kitty is ALWAYS on her bullshit.

And that's just not somebody I think Illyana should be dating.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
What gets me is that Claremont always gets brought up for these discussions, but he coded Kitty and Rachel way harder into his work and meant for those two to be together iirc vs. Illyana.

And yeah Illyana can do better, maybe someone that didn't pull those wedding shenanigans with her brother lol

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about halfway through the second Transmetropolitcan Absolute. I think the two parts so far that have really stood out for me are those introductory issues that establish the kind of person that Spider is, and the sequence where he interviews both the Beast and the Smiler -- and then ultimately deals with the consequences. Those first chapters establish Spider, the world around him, and his relationship with it so well. Pretty much everything since is an elaboration, an exploration of ideas. Sex, identity, religion, drugs, and of course politics. And behind it all the idea of perceived truth. Of course, everything is shown through the lens of Spider, who both loves and hates it all, consumes it all, and is generally a dumpster fire. It's weird to say he's unreliable given that he's like, the savior of truth in this world, but ain't that how it works.

The sequence with the President and his opposition is the first to really challenge Spider's beliefs and role. He once again tries to do "the right thing." Kind of like in those early issues when he rushes to the Transient riot and reports live from the scene. This time he tries to get the Smiler the nomination, seeing them as the only person available that isn't either the Beast or the bigot king Heller. Then he does an interview with the Beast, and he realizes he's made a mistake in supporting the Smiler. Not only has he made a mistake, but he's been used. I really thought this would be a bigger deal for Spider going forward, but it actually hasn't changed him or the story at all. I can't tell if he feels like he failed, if he's angry, of what. I guess it can be assumed that he's just saying "SSDD" and moving on, since he's still the same. But I still feel like this bit is notable considering how different it is from the "normal" story.

Anyway, that's my update. I'm quite a bit less certain of the story that's going on anymore. Or maybe just persuaded that there is no thematic arc beyond the idea that nothing changes. But that Spider thinking he's helping makes him feel better, and that feeling better is most of what Spider cares about.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm making a 2nd attempt at Carey's X-Men (got distracted around Utopia even though I really enjoyed it). And it's pretty funny, Cable just "died" and Cyclops is talking about the reason for his death being giving too many people too many second chances.

Flash forward to today and well... how long until history repeats itself.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Maybe I'm a little baked, but I was rereading History of the Marvel U and though about the convo this afternoon. What they need to do is release a History of Marvel Omnibus with Marvel 1000, X-Men Grand Design, FF Grand Design, And History of the Marvel Universe.

May 24, 2019
LIST!!
ACTION COMICS #1016
ASCENDER #6
AVENGERS #25
BATMAN/SUPERMAN #3
DETECTIVE COMICS #1014
DIAL H #8
IMMORTAL HULK #25
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #16
KING THOR #2
MARAUDERS #1
MARTIAN MANHUNTER #9
SECOND COMING #4 (maybe. gotta catch up)
TERRIFICS #21

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ascender #6
Criminal #9
Amazing Spider-Man Full Circle #1 - Weekly Hickman continues!
Fearless #4
Immortal Hulk #25
King Thor #2
Marauders #1
Maybe I'm a little baked, but I was rereading History of the Marvel U and though about the convo this afternoon. What they need to do is release a History of Marvel Omnibus with Marvel 1000, X-Men Grand Design, FF Grand Design, And History of the Marvel Universe.
sure, yes. that'd be a great book.

Status
Not open for further replies.