• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Finally reached the issue where Arno Stark shows up in Slott's Iron Man!

So I read some spoilers awhile back regarding the current Iron Man book.
They said that this Tony is like an AI recreation of Tony Stark, and the real Tony is still in a coma somewhere, or dead. Seems like a really weird idea, if that is the case. But it does tie in really well with the story Slott has been telling in this book so far. Maybe Tony is part of the mystery in Incoming?

Still LOVE the art in this book. I really hope the artist stays on and comes back for the inevitable Tony Stark relaunch, after Iron Man 2020. The suit designs and Mechs are awesome.

No, he's not somewhere else or anything. It's Slott taking past storylines out to their logical conclusion. I don't get to plug my work often (mostly 'cause I hate it), but give this article a look, as it might help a bit, pecifically the last two parts. This is why I've enjoyed reading Slott's run. This stuff has been happening with Iron Man since the 80's.

You know actively striving to prevent Homo Novissimo essentially makes the X-men the thing they're fighting.

They're not preventing Homo Novissimo, they're preventing the Sentinels which kept destroying their people over and over again. If humanity doesn't reach that Novissimo state because they die out, it won't be because mutants are killing them. They explicitly forbid that. It'll happen 'cause humanity's generally just trash.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
No, he's not somewhere else or anything. It's Slott taking past storylines out to their logical conclusion. I don't get to plug my work often (mostly 'cause I hate it), but give this article a look, as it might help a bit, pecifically the last two parts. This is why I've enjoyed reading Slott's run. This stuff has been happening with Iron Man since the 80's.
Oh woah, didnt know you wrote for CBR!

(Do they tell you to make everything into a top 10 list? This article is fine being formatted this way, it just seems like all they do are Top 10 lists now lol. This wasnt a personal slight or anything, I was just curious.)

But thank you. I was kinda confused after hearing those points I mentioned, but Im still early on in the book so I just assumed I would understand after reading more. But it makes sense now when you put it that way.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Oh woah, didnt know you wrote for CBR!

(Do they tell you to make everything into a top 10 list? This article is fine being formatted this way, it just seems like all they do are Top 10 lists now lol. This wasnt a personal slight or anything, I was just curious.)

But thank you. I was kinda confused after hearing those points I mentioned, but Im still early on in the book so I just assumed I would understand after reading more. But it makes sense now when you put it that way.

The short of it is: yes, they literally have a department of writers that only do lists. Most of the time I just think up whatever will get hits, pitch it, it gets accepted and I crank out 2-3 a day.

With THIS article it's something that had been percolating as I read the first volume of Iron Man and noticed all the transhumanist themes. I wanted to write about how they came in and out of Iron Man, and eventually figured out a way to talk about them and get paid for it lol. But yeah, part of why I love TS: Iron Man so much is Slott is doing such a great job of picking up on plot threads like that and doing something with them.

This is why I think Tony Stark will be around forever, as eventually he'll just upload himself as an AI to a bunch of different servers lol.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Higgins is stanning so hard for Joker that I'll probably never be able to take his opinions very seriously again. Dude sounds like he's living on Mars or something. It's so ridiculous you can't help but laugh.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The short of it is: yes, they literally have a department of writers that only do lists. Most of the time I just think up whatever will get hits, pitch it, it gets accepted and I crank out 2-3 a day.

With THIS article it's something that had been percolating as I read the first volume of Iron Man and noticed all the transhumanist themes. I wanted to write about how they came in and out of Iron Man, and eventually figured out a way to talk about them and get paid for it lol. But yeah, part of why I love TS: Iron Man so much is Slott is doing such a great job of picking up on plot threads like that and doing something with them.

This is why I think Tony Stark will be around forever, as eventually he'll just upload himself as an AI to a bunch of different servers lol.
Nice. Yea, like I said, this article was one of the better uses ive seen of the format. Pretty neat having some writers in the community.

And yea, hes gunna end up being Zordon or some shit for the Avengers lol.

Higgins is stanning so hard for Joker that I'll probably never be able to take his opinions very seriously again. Dude sounds like he's living on Mars or something. It's so ridiculous you can't help but laugh.
Yea, he can get super annoying with shit like this at times. Most of the time I can just tune it out, but every once in awhile I am just surprised just how bad it can get.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
He's always been like that
Yea, he can get super annoying with shit like this at times. Most of the time I can just tune it out, but every once in awhile I am just surprised just how bad it can get.

It's sooooo bad. Not even like "ok I disagree, but this is an interesting take" he's straight up saying this is the best film of the year. Period. Better than any other comic adaptation. Deserving of an Oscar. Just

mars.jpg

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
anyone reading amazing spidey, despite ottley: what are the going theories on who kindred is? the ones I'm seeing at a glance online are dumb
It's either Harry or some version of Peter. A lot of people are going with the "it's so obviously Harry it's a red herring" deal but tbh it's being set up so clearly that it being anyone other than Harry would be dumb. It's someone tied to the OG college group and the Osborn legacy, not too many options left.

Now if your question is "but how can it be Harry he's currently running around being very alive and not evil" that might end up being more of the mystery than the identity itself.

It would be very in line with what Spencer's doing to see Harry's BND revival as bad and want to undo it, especially after he took the time to re-kill the original Kraven in Hunted

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Is that a scary one?
Not really. Just watched it last night and it was great. Reminded me of a more straight forward Jodorowsky. Then watched Godzilla King of the Monsters tonight. Loved that too, especially the very anime last battle. That reminded me to look up the Criterion box set coming out later this month and it has some awesome art by comic artists, like the Lone Wolf and Cub boxset: https://www.criterion.com/boxsets/2648-godzilla-the-showa-era-films-1954-1975

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question: does anyone actually care about modern Harry Osborn? I thought his BND version was dumb turning him into James Franco, like the dude wasn't a total goober in his entire history pre-death (though he reverted). His family stuff wasn't particularly interesting either in Worldwide either. Would anyone actually dislike it if he re-died?

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Him trying to get his life together with his son and Liz was a good enough direction for him to take.

There was also an arc in Dark Reign where he became a Dark Avenger for a while, if you can count that as "modern".

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Just watched it last night and it was great. Reminded me of a more straight forward Jodorowsky. Then watched Godzilla King of the Monsters tonight. Loved that too, especially the very anime last battle. That reminded me to look up the Criterion box set coming out later this month and it has some awesome art by comic artists, like the Lone Wolf and Cub boxset: https://www.criterion.com/boxsets/2648-godzilla-the-showa-era-films-1954-1975
GOJIRA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.