• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Accomplished two things when I was able to tear myself away from Fire Emblem.

Read Pox6. It was fine. I was hoping they would talk about moira's sacrificed X-Men Team and what everyone thinks of Galactic Emperor Vulcan but I guess I can wait until X-Men. I still have a little problem with character motivations but I did love that xavier stuck up for Emma when Moira was questioning her involvement. Moira seemed more irritated that Emma was there than anyone (except sinister) I did wonder if in the end Hickman is going to say that the regular marvel universe is actually moira's last eleventh life and everything X-Men is still her tenth.

Also I finally broke down and watched and episode of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. People kept telling me "it's gay, you'll love it!" I did not love it. It was also not super gay.
It gets gay later on. It's kinda gradual

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Also I finally broke down and watched and episode of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. People kept telling me "it's gay, you'll love it!" I did not love it. It was also not super gay.
It's not "super gay" from the get go.

If you want pretty italian boys, you can go straight (ah!) to the latest part, Golden Wind.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
Hope Hickman gives an interview where he talks about how he came up with some of this stuff like machine gods living in black holes

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Fallen Angels is probably guaranteed at least 12, having people questioning the new dream is an important element of the new era, the tagline is "the dawn doesn't break for everyone" or something like that.

And maybe it getting cancelled first will be a preview of what happens to dissenters on Krakoa 🤔🤔🤔

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
I just want Laura back in a solo book, with Gabby. I don't need it within the next year, but I hope it isn't too far away.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I don't take time out of my day to talk about shit y'all bitch about. So how bout y'all keep that same energy and fuck off with it.

I was tired of that shit last month and I aint no more receptive of it this one.

Like I wasn't even complaining and y'all on this FUCK SHIT again.
Hey, it's cool. I know there are comics you love. You've gushed about delinquent manga and stuff with me.

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
EGTYfxGU4AYBOOO

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
People are always surprised that I don't like Batwoman.

I like Batwoman a lot but more from a design and art perspective than a story one. What about her didn't click with you?

I may give Jojo another try but maybe as a manga. Is the manga better? I still haven't read the My Hero Academia book I got.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
What about her didn't click with you?
It's the whole military thing, and that aspect of the relationship with her father. Military stuff can be kinda off-putting to me anyway, but it's all so prominent and authentic with her, probably because of the way Rucka established all that stuff and does so much research. She's very much a soldier, and that doesn't speak to me.

I don't think she's a bad character, she's a well-realized character that just isn't my taste.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Accomplished two things when I was able to tear myself away from Fire Emblem.

Read Pox6. It was fine. I was hoping they would talk about moira's sacrificed X-Men Team and what everyone thinks of Galactic Emperor Vulcan but I guess I can wait until X-Men. I still have a little problem with character motivations but I did love that xavier stuck up for Emma when Moira was questioning her involvement. Moira seemed more irritated that Emma was there than anyone (except sinister) I did wonder if in the end Hickman is going to say that the regular marvel universe is actually moira's last eleventh life and everything X-Men is still her tenth.
Did you see the "Foreshadow" cover from PoX #6? The Shi'ar Empire is definitely coming into purview soon, maybe in Hickman's New Mutants.

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Did you see the "Foreshadow" cover from PoX #6? The Shi'ar Empire is definitely coming into purview soon, maybe in Hickman's New Mutants.

For some reason assumed that was sunspot but I guess that Vulcan makes more sense. In the preview for new mutants sunspots activated powers make him all black like they used to.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason assumed that was sunspot but I guess that Vulcan makes more sense. In the preview for new mutants sunspots activated powers make him all black like they used to.
oh, it's confirmed to be vulcan? I definitely thought it was sunspot.

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
oh, it's confirmed to be vulcan? I definitely thought it was sunspot.

No, I'm just overthinking the Vulcan stuff because I am super curious about it all. We know he comes back, and he was on Moira's team. As a summers he can't just appear with all his baggage and everyone is like "oh hey, it's Gabe."

That picture could be sunspot because it looks like him, but story wise I can see it being Vulcan since he was the Emperor.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Vulcan's on the cover of #1 next week, right? I assume we'll know his deal at that point. But maybe it'll be glossed over.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No, I'm just overthinking the Vulcan stuff because I am super curious about it all. We know he comes back, and he was on Moira's team. As a summers he can't just appear with all his baggage and everyone is like "oh hey, it's Gabe."

That picture could be sunspot because it looks like him, but story wise I can see it being Vulcan since he was the Emperor.
dang. i need to step up my theorycrafting game to get on your level, canucked.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I may give Jojo another try but maybe as a manga. Is the manga better? I still haven't read the My Hero Academia book I got.
The first anime season condenses, like, 100 chapters of the manga iirc, but not in a rushed way, it still flows well, so if you want to start from the beginning, but weren't really impressed by it, definitely watch the anime because the bad part will be over sooner

The art in the manga is very good and detailed, but sometimes it's pretty damn hard to understand what's happening on some panels. Animation helps immensely with that, and I do think it's the better alternative, due to the music and effects and movement, at the cost of some detail in the drawing. It also reworks some story sections so they flow better

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Hickman's X-Men would've fallen flat on its ass if Moira still had her og accent
moiramactaggert.jpg

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That Moira would be a mutant and that she had created genetically engineered combinations of mutants, which ended up being sinister's creations in the far future.
nice! that's really on-point. what made you think hoxpox would go in that direction? i think the only theory i had was that pox would involve a story about a character in the future coming back and helping to make the x-men immortal. only right in a wrong way, lol.

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
nice! that's really on-point. what made you think hoxpox would go in that direction? i think the only theory i had was that pox would involve a story about a character in the future coming back and helping to make the x-men immortal. only right in a wrong way, lol.

These two preview images made me think it.

I was all over the mixed mutants when we saw the left one. We all were really, but I was obsessed. I had picked out who was mixed where and everything (I was mostly wrong. I think I posted my thoughts in the june or july thread). It wasn't until someone in this thread saw that the bald one was dressed like Karima that I started to doubt. And the right image image just screamed "Charles I am a mutant"

news_20190525035747_1.jpg

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the Heroes in Crisis hardcover DC released is just standard sized? The fuck is DC even doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.