• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the Heroes in Crisis hardcover DC released is just standard sized? The fuck is DC even doing.

Both Marvel and DC have done that a lot in the past. Regular sized HC --> Regular sized trade --> Oversized HC.

Marvel at least have reduced that a bit now. They release quick (poorly QC'd) trades first and then oversized HCs.

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We should make an avatar bet over which X-Men villain will be the first to betray Krakoa, or at least the first to be shown betraying Krakoa since someone's probably already doing it.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
We should make an avatar bet over which X-Men villain will be the first to betray Krakoa, or at least the first to be shown betraying Krakoa since someone's probably already doing it.
I will not participate but I can choose the avatar for the losers. I'm good at that. Ask Jawmuncher lol

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

medium.gif

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Woozies, got addicted to a medium he hates, and now he's stuck with it for life.
Woozies don't hate the medium, he just not as effused with praise for stuff he loves.

Fallen angels has 5 issues and canceled vibes
Yup.

Fallen Angels is probably guaranteed at least 12, having people questioning the new dream is an important element of the new era, the tagline is "the dawn doesn't break for everyone" or something like that.

And maybe it getting cancelled first will be a preview of what happens to dissenters on Krakoa 🤔🤔🤔
It's a metacommentary.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
There were a few slips in dialogue (one really bad pun) but the overall premise and framing has me super interested in it going forward.

Damn, I went to look up the creator, only to find he shares his name with a prominent neo-Nazi. That sucks for him.

Larocca on a book where the main character doesn't have a human face is a good choice.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I'm struggling to find an instance of a writer screwing up royally with Dr Doom, he tends to be one of those characters with such a strong base that it can lead most stories

The closest I get is him being racist towards Black Panther or calling Ms Marvel a fat cow

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm struggling to find an instance of a writer screwing up royally with Dr Doom, he tends to be one of those characters with such a strong base that it can lead most stories

The closest I get is him being racist towards Black Panther or calling Ms Marvel a fat cow
Or crying at the trade center... just for being out of character.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I wonder if some of the New Mutants are going to end up stuck in space so Ewing will get to use them in Guardians.

Also the preview for X-Men #1 is up on newsarama of anyone wants to see it.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Dr Doom's plot is interesting, but the dialogue is off

Like come on, doom making a brexit joke?

Also Invaders is good as usual. Namor is probably going to be even more pissed than before given the recent events

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah lol we're going to get lots of uncomfortable mutant supremacist undertones aren't we. Xavier gonna regret putting that in his big speech.

This is why people should buy Fallen Angels.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I could toss in Doom's recent rescarring as pretty hacky to be fair. It definitely feels like the character has evolved to the point that he could be the exact same and not have a fucked up face. Could probably just give him a smaller scar.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
seems to me this cyclops fella is pretty often right, wonder if there are any such occurences of that happening in the past

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Power Rangers Samurai is like the antithesis to all things Power Rangers.

Great action though.
Fallen angels has 5 issues and canceled vibes
A GREAT 5 issues though.
Jessica Jones invented to be eye candy and given development later...? Her first appearance is in Alias #1...
Right? Jess is like, the opposite of eye candy. So, yeah, it is offensive.
Fantastico
I will not participate but I can choose the avatar for the losers. I'm good at that. Ask Jawmuncher lol
I accept these terms

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
If we define "betraying Krakoa" as "directly helping the humans to undermine mutant society in any way, shape, or form", I'm willing to put my chips down on The Coward Henry "Hank" McCoy, a.k.a. "Beast"

Status
Not open for further replies.