• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So. Confession time. Finished watching Venom yesterday and thought it was great fun...

🙈🙉🙊

No shame there, it's such campy fun

tumblr_pj526aW4Lm1rtu8ouo1_500.gif

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Venom is like Aquaman - it's not great, it's actually really fucking dumb, but there's at least some fun there. Aquaman due to James Wan just going full Flash Gordon with the setting and Venom purely to Tom Hardy being in Giving Absolutely Zero Shits Imma Go HAM Mode.

Aquaman and Shazam are next on my superhero movies to-watch list.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Ain't no major alien empire can throw stones anymore, sorry. Thanks to decades of Marvel history, pretty much all of them done that genocide game.
True

BUT

Still
Following that Manga thread in OT - Which is the worst ending to a comic run/series that you have read?
Secret Empire

Made me retroactively HATE two entire runs and denounce Nick Spencer as a hack and refuse his works further.
Are we counting "event" endings? Because Secret Empire retroactively ruined Spencer's run on both SamCap and SteveCap, and AXIS as a capstone to Remender's Uncanny Avengers is a tragedy.

I personally didn't mind it but I think a lot of people would say the last couple issues of Y: The Last Man qualify as an attack on the reader for reading the series at all.
Remender had a 5 issue run after AXIS, technically.
I just realized... why is there no Logan house?

Wolverine got enough family for that to be a real thing.
I'm pretty sure Logan has like 10 actual children.

And that's not taking into account time children or gabby who's a clone.

Why is Logan sleeping at the summers?
The Summers house is also supposed to be a "first response" house. Logan is supposed to be the dude.

I mean he got Gabby, Laura, and Daken. They all free spirits.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
My headcanon is that Wolverine was looking for a good place to live with his kids, but then Scott and Jean called him and told him he could satiate his decade long obsession so he dropped everything and ran over.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
My headcanon is that Wolverine was looking for a good place to live with his kids, but then Scott and Jean called him and told him he could satiate his decade long obsession so he dropped everything and ran over.

Let's be honest, everyone thinks it's just Cyclops/Logan > Jean, but you know Cyclops and Logan walking across Jean's room to make that top happen.

Also, Laura, Daken, and Badger are likely A) together and B) near Laura's friends.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be honest, everyone thinks it's just Cyclops/Logan > Jean, but you know Cyclops and Logan walking across Jean's room to make that top happen.

Also, Laura, Daken, and Badger are likely A) together and B) near Laura's friends.

tbh if we're really doing this poly thing it was a missed opportunity to not put Scott or Logan in the middle room instead of Jean.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

"Hey Jean." "Hey Logan. Keep it down tonight, okay?" "No promises, Jean."

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How do poeple in the Marvel Universe, in 2019, still think they can believe anything the Maker says lol. First he builds a giant island for Mutants, and now Absolute Carnage!? Like how is this still a surprise to people.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
That Clone Saga page from HotMU really is incredible. So much insanity that Said couldn't easily summarize that Rodriguez took the time to illustrate. I love all the supervillains showing up like Spidercide, Judas Traveller, Stunner, etc. Then you even have the hospital for Aunt May and MJ holding her stomach to reflect the pregnancy.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
InStockTrades Deals of the Week and featured New Releases for October 15. I'm a day late this week! Oh well.

XtSrHYz.png

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Nrama: I know you and Greg are following up Metal next year with a sort of sequel story, and this issue teases a "crisis." Do all these Dark Multiverse stories play into the bigger plans for your events next year?

Snyder: Well, every one of the stories is meant to function independently - you can pick them up and have a whole world created for you. You get to really enjoy that world and feel like it's a complete story.

But, yes, we are building something that's really comprehensive and big for 2020, and we've been building it since Metal.

You can see the pieces start to come together, the pieces that were in the very first issue of Justice League playing out in "Year of the Villain" and elsewhere, and the pieces that you saw playing out in Flash Forward, and the infection that started in the Batman Who Laughs mini-series playing out in Batman/Superman.

We're really trying to build something so that when you look back at 2019, you can say, "Oh, this is where all those storylines started to come together for something huge in 2020."

And even though the historic Multiverse stories are isolated and meant to be one-shots - just like everything else, we're just trying to give you a modular experience - when you put all those pieces together you'll see the makings of something gigantic that we're going to explode with.

Nrama: You and Greg.

Snyder: Me and Greg hopefully in 2020.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
All caught up on Justice League

That last page.....THAT LAST FUCKING PAGE

HOLY SHIT

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Venom is legitimately bad and only lives on Tom Hardy's ridiculous performance.

It's like a Phase 1 MCU film. But without an at least serviceable supporting cast.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venom is only really propelled by his great design and concept. He's Spider-Man, but badder!

If by some miracle I ever got my hands on the whole Venom mythos I'd like to do a Biopunk Horror take on it with a new character yrying to be a superhero with a carnivorous alien monster synched to their body.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
nothing but a bunch of carnage and venom lovers in this thread! i can't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.