• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Oh well, at least I got OG Jubilee back.
unknown.png

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Thompson continuing to do god's work on JJ
Fuck all the other stuff, give us a Marionette ongoing
By Marv Wolfman and Brett Booth
Is Daredevil really the place people want Zdarsky? I mean swashbuckling Daredevil is great, but we just had a run like that right before Soule. Ill be there day one to check it out either way.
Nah. I want him on, and hear me out

Ghost Rider
Yeah but that book already has gotten everything pushed back a month and I think it's getting a new artist soon.
I know and it's upsetting me
Nice, but not too happy to hear that they're changing hands after only ten issues.

Oh well, at least I got OG Jubilee back.
It's going to be an event like Avengers No Surrender. Ed Brisson was already announced for X-Force.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Still a bit of a wait til that final Spectacular collection is out, but I'm getting it immediately then and will read the entire run. So much praise here.

I loved exactly this. I was all two times like :((((((( and then had always two more hours to go :D
I didn't. Games getting padded out is my n°1 pet peeve and so many are guilty of it. Isolation would've been perfect as a 7-8 hour game but it was (needlessly) double that.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently I read all nine issues of the first Lazarus trade so I finished it and didn't get to any new content. On the plus side new hoopla credits tonight so I can read the next volume. Also, comics can be enjoyable as long as Batman isn't in them. Don't read Batman comics people, unless it's that Morrison omnibus person, keep reading that.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Imagine Geoff Johns leaving you with an amazing universe with great concepts and a great cast, and not even 2 issues after you decide "hell yeah let's tear it all down to SHREDS! And retcon it to hell and back while we're at it!"

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I caught up on Zdarsky's Spidey. I love how every story arc starting from the time traveling adventure to his final issue has a common theme: We're all human and we do the best that we can and we learn from our mistakes. Very much mirrors real life. I very much enjoyed Zdarsky's run even though the start was weak and I thought it didn't get really great until the last issue of the Tinkerer Arc. His last three issues were more than great too. He'll be missed on Spider-Man.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Deadline is Wednesday. He's going to NYCC on Thursday. Incoming delay Boyz

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm finishing up Morrison's JLA (never finished it from when I was a 9 year old, buying it at my LCS), and man. I really missed having Wally and Kyle. Morrison has a weird grasp of writing dialogue here, but even still their youth is obvious and infectious. Grant went a long way towards legitimizing Kyle as the One, True Green Lantern by continuously placing him in the most impossible situations. Manipulated by fifth dimensional elves, lost in emerald worlds for countless years in a world where time was meaningless, meeting the primal superhero gods of Wonderworld...he threw everything at this kid who just happened to prove himself worthy of a ring he found while he was drunk and taking a piss in an alley, and I love him for it.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm finishing up Morrison's JLA (never finished it from when I was a 9 year old, buying it at my LCS), and man. I really missed having Wally and Kyle. Morrison has a weird grasp of writing dialogue here, but even still their youth is obvious and infectious. Grant went a long way towards legitimizing Kyle as the One, True Green Lantern by continuously placing him in the most impossible situations. Manipulated by fifth dimensional elves, lost in emerald worlds for countless years in a world where time was meaningless, meeting the primal superhero gods of Wonderworld...he threw everything at this kid who just happened to prove himself worthy of a ring he found while he was drunk and taking a piss in an alley, and I love him for it.
DiDio%20photo.jpg

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One of the few good things DC did during the New 52 was leaning into Kyle being the best by making him the singular White Lantern and the only person who ever mastered the entire spectrum. Reverting him back to being a regular GL in Rebirth was so stupid.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

One of my favorite fucking pages of JLA, and that's saying something.

One of the few good things DC did during the New 52 was leaning into Kyle being the best by making him the singular White Lantern and the only person who ever mastered the entire spectrum. Reverting him back to being a regular GL in Rebirth was so stupid.

I love most of what Rebirth did, but I hated this for sure. Should've left him a White Lantern, specifically since he's about to fade into the background with Guy and John now.

Ugh. Dan bent over backwards to restore the DC Universe into a Superfriends ass place from his childhood. I know Geoff had something to do with it, but Geoff can make a lot of things work if you ask him. I'm pretty sure most of that was what Didio wanted.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite fucking pages of JLA, and that's saying something.

I love most of what Rebirth did, but I hated this for sure. Should've left him a White Lantern, specifically since he's about to fade into the background with Guy and John now.

Ugh. Dan bent over backwards to restore the DC Universe into a Superfriends ass place from his childhood. I know Geoff had something to do with it, but Geoff can make a lot of things work if you ask him. I'm pretty sure most of that was what Didio wanted.
Dude just seems to dislike legacy heroes.

Also, John has Justice League at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.