COMICS!!!|OT| September 2019 | Knull and void!

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I thought the first was next month, huh. Is it just the two?
Nope it's 3 volumes. I can't wait. Such a great team up.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Not to get too serious about personal lives, but do any of you actually like your jobs?
I get to wake up when I want so long as I get my work done, so that part's dope.

I can explain what it is for me.

And remember that I’ve never actually watched a match with any of these people. I don’t know their storylines or how good they are in the ring or anything.

Bayley isn’t trying at all to be cool. She just about fun.

Like Alexa Bliss is super fucking hot, and Becky Lynch is doing the whole “I’m a cold-blooded badass, just like a dude” thing. And that’s all great. I’m for all of that.

But then Bayley is just like hugs and positivity and fun. It’s not cool, it’s not sexy, it’s not badass, it’s just good times.

Again, I don’t watch any of this, so go easy on me if I sound like a jackass. But these people go in so hard on their branding that it isn’t difficult to pick up on what they’re all about.
I don't think you can sound like a jackass when you're mostly spouting positive information. But yeah, that's definitely the gist of who Bayley is. Granted, she's about to toss hugs and positivity aside for her one true love: THE BOSS, Sasha Banks.

Canucked

Oct 25, 2017

Ahsoka

Aug 19, 2019
United States
And since I’m explaining why these people appeal to me, I’ll get to Brandi.

She comes off with with so much confidence and class, but the important thing is that it doesn’t look like she’s trying to come off that way, if that makes sense. It seems like that’s just her natural energy, and that’s magnetic.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Ehhh, I wouldn't say that. She's a person with a demon sword, that's hardly lighting the world on fire. Her greatest strength is looking like early new Mutants Illyana with a Claymore.

Whitefox is a lot more interesting on a conceptual level cause entire concept of a Kumiho being the head of a spy organization is dumb comic books at its maximum.
I like the legacy of it all.
Any comics podcasts you guys enjoy? Jay and Miles is the most fun I've had listening to a podcast in a while. Whether it's that sort of style or something talking about newer releases I'm down for whatever.
Man I used to like Jay and Miles, but then I got bored. Plus after they got divorced it felt off to me.
Not to get too serious about personal lives, but do any of you actually like your jobs?
Kind of

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Homeworld

She comes off with with so much confidence and class, but the important thing is that it doesn’t look like she’s trying to come off that way, if that makes sense. It seems like that’s just her natural energy, and that’s magnetic.
She's also making her husband woke.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Watching her perform you might walk away with a different impression lol. She's still confident and classy, but also kinda slimy since she's sort of a villain.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Homeworld
So I read the first few issues of Dial H last night. I'm liking it so far. It seems easy to get into and the pages fly by. I was initially hesitant to pick it up because I had a really hard time getting into the last Dial H book by China Mieville.

Vic_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if anyone here is actually getting it, but BC just dropped a major spoiler about Nepotism-Man that makes it more interesting than it seemed.

it's actually about Peter and MJ's son, Ben Parker.

I was getting it just because, but now I'm actually intrigued.
Woah, that sounds super interesting actually lol. I might have to check out the first issue then and see how it is.

Also, I kinda want to see Damon Lindelof do a book next lol

Ahsoka

Aug 19, 2019
United States
I only wish I had a steady job. I'm trying my best, but life's been utter crap for me, lately. Not to mention trying to move on from my recent assault.
I hope things turn around for you, and we’re here if you need support.

I suck at saying supportive things that don’t just sound like cliches, but I figure it’s better to throw out a heartfelt cliche than to say nothing just because I suck at it.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I like that BC apparently has it on good word that Spider-Man is an *actual* collaboration between father and son and it isn't just lens flare man jr.'s book with his dad's name slapped on.

I hope it's actually good.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Homeworld
Joe. Quinones. Show.
He's very good, but it's not just him. I really like how the book meshes all these vastly different art styles together.
I only wish I had a steady job. I'm trying my best, but life's been utter crap for me, lately. Not to mention trying to move on from my recent assault.
Sorry you had to go through that. Hope things get better for you.
What if... Sophie Campbell wrote and drew Vampi after Turtles?

No one would buy it, but at least it would look nice.