• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Isn't that enough?

4425876-7878798-1043387968.jpg

He should have removed discount Rogue head for her right then and there.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
One of my older brother's friends did the stone cold stunner one time on me when I was like 12. I didn't know anything about wresting. He just said, "hey, check this out," and did it. I got the breath knocked out of me and was freaking out. He was like, "I didn't mean to actually do one!"

Never forgave him.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Alright, y'all, time to talk some serious shit about Aizō while he's gone!

I heard he's a dumb-head who is dumb.

Ha, take that.
I've called the hurty-feelings police. Have fun in prison.
Never mind, I'm hearing the source of this rumor isn't reputable, and @Aizō is, in fact, smart and cool.
I guess I won't press charges.
Those were my new friends. We're already bonded.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Eco terrorists are cool.

Hard to portray them as straight villains when the world's on fire.
Eco terrorists are even easier to make into villains when the world is on fire since it's an idea coopted by white supremacists and defeatist goobers who write NYT OP-EDS

Hell we just had eco terrorist Thanos in the films

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
There've been quite a few eco terrorists of late.

Wasn't one of Uncanny Avenger's Enemies an Eco Terrorist?

sven

Oct 31, 2017

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
OMG Hox #5: It actually was Goldballs!

Hickman is doing some crazy big things and I'm all for it. I feel like this issue is going to be controversial with a certain segment of comic readers though.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I mentioned this in the other thread but wanted to discuss it here too:

There was a line in HoX #5 that struck me in this issues documentation. [NOTE: There has been no experimentation regarding what happens when you combine a mutant MIND with a HUSK that is not their own.]

We about to go Altered Carbon up in here.

May 24, 2019
Okay. Here's the other one I loved.
jmmTfwg.jpg
This is like Grayson era King where he's just having fun.

Last edited:

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
HoX was predictable but good, that was a nice way to bring back
the Bendis era mutants
. You can start to see why
everyone looks so young again

Inferior Five was good, but man Giffen's art is looking rough these days. Really dig Lemire's Peacemaker back up.

Aquaman stays good, this has been my favorite Aquaman run since Jeff Parker's during the New 52.

Jimmy Olsen was easily my favorite book this week, it's peak Fraction and Leiber's art is fantastic. I love the way the story is structured and being told, it's just a lot of fun.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
so, as it turns out, if you force Brett Booth to work in old-fashioned rectangular layouts, he turns into later-era Mark Bagley, making Flash Forward #1 a comic that you may actually like! Lobdell mines all the populist appeal you can draw from where Wally ends up after Heroes in Crisis by writing the scenes you want to read, in the way you want to read them, and then he throws in the ongoing Morrison-inspired and Snyder-devised Multiversal weirdness happening in the DCU, which lands really well, from a thematic standpoint

also it gives the exact numbers on Wally's crime, so I ran the numbers, and Wally did just about 8% of the crimes of the pretender Wanda Maximoff so what are we even complaining about

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
HoX #5 was great, and fucked up. Like, even more than the issue where it was a suicide mission. It was disturbing enough in HoX #1, the concept alone makes my skin crawl

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
what I'm waiting on for the mutants that are like "this is weird, I'll just make it on my own, thanks" like X-Factor during decimation/Utopia era. The fact that there seems to be no dissidence at all to this makes it hard to believe Xavier isn't doing some shit...

I think that's what's bothering me about this. Hope it doesn't take too long to get addressed, because I don't want to dive into new ongoings with a constant feeling that the characters are "off". I'm thinking maybe Cannonball will be the key, since he's been off-world free from all this and away for Xavier's sight. Might explain why Hickman is writing that first arc too.

Also man Spider-Man #1 was weird. Not sure if it was a good weird? Definitely lived up to it's bill of being super different though. I'll probably stick with it to see how it goes.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
so, as it turns out, if you force Brett Booth to work in old-fashioned rectangular layouts, he turns into later-era Mark Bagley, making Flash Forward #1 a comic that you may actually like! Lobdell mines all the populist appeal you can draw from where Wally ends up after Heroes in Crisis by writing the scenes you want to read, in the way you want to read them, and then he throws in the ongoing Morrison-inspired and Snyder-devised Multiversal weirdness happening in the DCU, which lands really well, from a thematic standpoint

also it gives the exact numbers on Wally's crime, so I ran the numbers, and Wally did just about 8% of the crimes of the pretender Wanda Maximoff so what are we even complaining about

Should be way less than Hal's too.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't been enough Emma in this Hickman stuff. She dominated the court scene like no other though.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
I don't know how much they're paying Javier Rodriguez to draw History of the Marvel Universe, but it isn't nearly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.