• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Wait, Spider-Gwen is onto a new run already?

I got the paperback volumes for the old Spider-Gwen series but haven't read anything from the run after that, or this new Ghost Spider run yet. For anyone who has read them, are they any good?

Does she still have the Venom symbiote or did they remove that at the end of her last run?

Spider-Gwen (you are here) --> Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider --> Ghost Spider

They've been slowly transitioning to the new name, lol.

I'm only halfway into Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider and have been enjoying it a lot so far.

I've seen the previews for the new Ghost Spider run and she's still rocking the symbiote. Currently, without the symbiote, she wouldn't have any powers at all

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
List:
BERSERKER UNBOUND #2 (Maybe. Gotta read #1)
CONAN THE BARBARIAN #9
DEATHSTROKE #47
DOOM PATROL WEIGHT OF THE WORLDS #3
DOOMSDAY CLOCK #11
DREAMING #13
FUTURE FOUNDATION #2 (Maybe. Gotta read #1)
GREEN LANTERN #11
HOUSE OF X #4
IMMORTAL HULK #23
JUSTICE LEAGUE #31
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES MILLENNIUM #1
LOIS LANE #3
SOMETHING IS KILLING CHILDREN #1
SUPERMAN UP IN THE SKY #3

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
JoJo's Cyberpunk Adventure gets better and better.

Also another month of exciting X-Men stuff before the Dawn of X!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Random Question: Who is this person with Man Thing and Crossbones, from a run on Thunderbolts, I think by Jeff Parker?

Dl3OBxCXsAALf4y

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure it's cyber Jim Gordon Batman.

StormBrute

Oct 26, 2017
Spider-Gwen (you are here) --> Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider --> Ghost Spider

They've been slowly transitioning to the new name, lol.

I'm only halfway into Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider and have been enjoying it a lot so far.

I've seen the previews for the new Ghost Spider run and she's still rocking the symbiote. Currently, without the symbiote, she wouldn't have any powers at all
Gotcha. Thank you for letting me know!

I am glad she's still with the symbiote, since I always think of that as the defining aspect of her powers versus the other spider-people.

The reviews and impressions for Ghost-Spider 1 mention that she's hopping over to the main continuity Earth though, which I'm not super excited about. I liked her having her own universe and not having to worry about all the crap from mainline, but I guess they've involved her in so many crossovers and other characters at this point that she isn't really her own thing anymore. Oh well. I just want the story and character done well, and not sacrificed for more crossovers or anything.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha. Thank you for letting me know!

I am glad she's still with the symbiote, since I always think of that as the defining aspect of her powers versus the other spider-people.

The reviews and impressions for Ghost-Spider 1 mention that she's hopping over to the main continuity Earth though, which I'm not super excited about. I liked her having her own universe and not having to worry about all the crap from mainline, but I guess they've involved her in so many crossovers and other characters at this point that she isn't really her own thing anymore. Oh well. I just want the story and character done well, and not sacrificed for more crossovers or anything.
In the new book she jumps back and forth to commute for college. She didn't leave her old universe behind.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Gwen's symbiote is a symbiote but not actually a symbiote.

It's not the knull stuff, it is a mass of sentient spiders though.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017

Yea it is a bit bittersweet isn't it? On the one hand It's so entertaining to see how Earth-65 gives its twists on classic characters. (I'm particularly fond of Matthew Murdock's depiction as the main villain) On the other hand I feel Gwen making the move to the main universe will help her character in the long run by giving her more chances for crossovers with main events and the like. Along with some fun moments on how she deals with the little differences between Earth-65 and Earth-616.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Doom Patrol
Green Lantern
Lois Lane
Immortal Hulk

also getting Blank Canvas volume 2 this week

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Champions #9
Ghost-Spider Annual #1

Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider Vol. 2: The Impossible Year TP
The Magnificent Ms. Marvel #5 2nd Printing

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Do all the legions turn into the dog or something?

Also, those new Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip Oreos are really good...

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Read Future Foundation #1 it's fun. I have a question though. Is it not canon? The Maker is in prison here but in House of X he's leading the X-Men in Krakoa? It doesn't make sense

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Everything #1
Dreaming #13
Green Lantern #11
Legion of Superheroes Millennium #1
Lois Lane #3
Die #7
Wicked + Divine #45
House of X #4
Immortal Hulk #23

Read Future Foundation #1 it's fun. I have a question though. Is it not canon? The Maker is in prison here but in House of X he's leading the X-Men in Krakoa? It doesn't make sense
The Maker's now in infinite pieces. One per new universe.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Everything #1
Dreaming #13
Green Lantern #11
Legion of Superheroes Millennium #1
Lois Lane #3
Die #7
Wicked + Divine #45
House of X #4
Immortal Hulk #23

The Maker's now in infinite pieces. One per new universe.

That's acceptable

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Gundam The Origin volume 10

Yooo, Amuro and Char are going at it, this shit is hype. Amuro as a Jedi Master is pretty fucking awesome, too. Char is gonna hack using that girl as a power up, goddamn sexy bastard.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Doomsday Clock #11
The Green Lantern #11
Justice League #31
Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium #1
Lois Lane #3

Absolute Carnage: Symbiote Spider-Man #1
Champions #9
House of X #4

Something is Killing the Children #1

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Gundam The Origin volume 10

Yooo, Amuro and Char are going at it, this shit is hype. Amuro as a Jedi Master is pretty fucking awesome, too. Char is gonna hack using that girl as a power up, goddamn sexy bastard.
I really enjoyed the Origin manga. It's about as good a war story as you're gonna find in comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.