• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
God, King's Batman is just... the best.

I just read the two issues where Clark, Lois, Bruce & Selina go on a date and every page was a delight. King really knows what I need right now in a comic and he keeps delivering.

Also - and I hate to get blue here - milf Lois in the changing room is the single hottest comic panel in the history of comics.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Also - and I hate to get blue here - milf Lois in the changing room is the single hottest comic panel in the history of comics.

oh friend, it gets hotter

so you know how when #50 dropped I was immediately on that "you fucking idiots obviously they end up together have you read the goddamn book, they're made for each other, the one thing that could keep them apart is a years-long conspiracy masterminded by Batman's greatest rival playing on the insecurities of Batman and Catwoman?" yeah well OBVIOUSLY THIS IS HOW IT PLAYS OUT. THAT'S COMICS. THAT'S HOW THEY DO. THAT'S WHY YOU TRUST.

and also incidentally Mann does just know how and when to push it, like, yeah, he's the best at drawing the "HI HELLO YEAH OKAY PLEASE FUCK MY ENTIRE SHIT UP" side of Catwoman

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
ASM #29: I can't believe Spencer is setting up Peter proposing to MJ. We'll see how that goes.

PoX #4: Hickman writes a great Sinister

oh friend, it gets hotter

so you know how when #50 dropped I was immediately on that "you fucking idiots obviously they end up together have you read the goddamn book, they're made for each other, the one thing that could keep them apart is a years-long conspiracy masterminded by Batman's greatest rival playing on the insecurities of Batman and Catwoman?" yeah well OBVIOUSLY THIS IS HOW IT PLAYS OUT. THAT'S COMICS. THAT'S HOW THEY DO. THAT'S WHY YOU TRUST.

and also incidentally Mann does just know how and when to push it, like, yeah, he's the best at drawing the "HI HELLO YEAH OKAY PLEASE FUCK MY ENTIRE SHIT UP" side of Catwoman
From what I remember people expected them to end up together in like #100 or something. Even when the new Tom King book was announced a lot of people were saying they would get together in it.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
ASM 29

GVFbI3L.gif

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Gotham City Monsters seems very cool, but I don't know much of these characters.

What's the run up to it? Bendis Action Comics, Event Leviathan, GCM. Isn't there an old Shade or Frankenstein book that was supposed to be good?

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
So the last page of Event Leviathan, is that meant to be ....
Renee Montoya as the Question?
in the group shot?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
God, King's Batman is just... the best.

I just read the two issues where Clark, Lois, Bruce & Selina go on a date and every page was a delight. King really knows what I need right now in a comic and he keeps delivering.

But imagine if she was a corpse but she was Poison Ivy and she was drawn by Mann.

I kidd I like his art very much.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Where is Giant Days set? I'm guessing it's up north because it just gets me and my struggle

EELzi_mXkAAJu7d

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
What really gets me is that
there's no way OMD isn't going to get brought up now, especially with Aunt May telling him what to do and giving him the ring.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I gotta gripe about Hickman just foregoing certain pages for just text. That shit ain't cool in HxH, it's not cool here. I don't mind when it's in something legitimately stylized like the Doug System this issue, but man, the wall of text that was just a gossip column... c'mon.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Saladin continuing to deliver on Miles' title.

That heart-to-heart Miles' dad has with him over why he decided to have Miles inherit his mother's name kind of hit close to home. My dad actually goes by his mother's maiden name for similar reasons of having such a bad relationship with his father so seeing that reflected here was pretty interesting.

Saladin also finally confirmed that Miles did indeed forget about the UU but seeing the Ultimate Goblin again re-triggered those old memories.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
This week's Batman reminded me of those times when I really enjoyed King's Batman. Hopefully the next issues are more like this and less like issue

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
PoX was great. I have no idea where this is going, but I love it. I'm sure by the time we get to the last issue something will be revealed that will make going back and rereading great.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I wonder how spencer will address OMD after all, it doesn't seem as simple as what I first predicted

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Gotham City Monsters seems very cool, but I don't know much of these characters.

What's the run up to it? Bendis Action Comics, Event Leviathan, GCM. Isn't there an old Shade or Frankenstein book that was supposed to be good?
Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E by Lemire.

I don't know if it connects to this new book, but that's the book you're thinking of.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
all other idols are false and blasphemous?
Tyrant Rave , your response, sir?

I just read the two issues where Clark, Lois, Bruce & Selina go on a date and every page was a delight.
Pretty much everyone's favorite. I really loved this, and Annual #2. Absolute highlights from King's Batman for me.
Where is Giant Days set? I'm guessing it's up north because it just gets me and my struggle

EELzi_mXkAAJu7d
Oh, are you British? They go to the University of Sheffield in England.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I picked up batman 78 after all and jeez what's with the choppy dialogue? It almost feels like frank miller wrote this

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
Are we using the word "idols" differently? I feel like something went over my head.

Please don't murder me in the Waifu Wars.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So Robin's new Code Name, at least potentially, in today's Young Justice is: Drake

If it sticks, I love it!

This is coming from the BC article on the issue, I havent read the issue yet myself. But they also said that in the New 52 continuity, Batman never knew Tim Drake as Robin, just Red Robin. I guess I never noticed that before lol. New 52 made some weird choices...

Status
Not open for further replies.