• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
More evidence of this page being cursed:

I looked up Robotech because of this conversation, found a gorgeous cover from a recent western Titan Comics Robotech series, clicked on the thumbnail, and Brian goddamn Wood's name was on the cover.

Cursed thread!

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Begone last page

cwRtx6S.gif

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Goddamn the new FFVIIR trailer looks NICE

And squatting mini game is in, its objectively goty already

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I would like them more if their dialogue didnt sound so stilted, but honestly one of the only Batman pairings I ever liked was Talia before she became...that
i love how overdramatized it can be. it can also be super hilarious, but it works for me. lots of emotion. poignant to see both bat and cat be vulnerable and kinda be awful at it. but also so honest. i love it.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
I think it's ballsy to do romance comics as completely sincere as King does them. It's so easy to mock that kind melodrama, and he goes for it anyway because he's into it.

The romance stuff is so heightened and potent. You put Clay Mann on that book, and put preview pages out, so I'm just going in excited about Catwoman's Beach Boobie Bonanza, but then the emotional core of the book is all I'm left thinking about hours after reading it.

One of the creators of Macross has feelings about Robotech.

j5berr1wvud31.jpg
I've never seen an episode of either, I just heard a Minmei song one time.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait until we go back to the emotional husk batman that Snyder writes.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really liking Event Leviathan

a whole event about people talking in rooms and kitchens and it's just really fun

It really shouldn't work, because such a setup is Peak Bendis Bullshit, but each issue has the exact right amount of clues to pour over and wild twists to jump on board with. And this lineup of characters is one that Bendis gets 100%, so it reads like a charm, and Maleev is just being Maleev. It's probably the most fun I've had reading an event in a hot minute.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unstoppable Wasp vol. 2 and Squirrel Girl vol. 11 are out so I finally might read comics today.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Huh Dr Strange #19 actually set up the new status quo. I thought it would be at the very last issue before the relaunch

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Huh Dr Strange #19 actually set up the new status quo. I thought it would be at the very last issue before the relaunch
waid.. hey waid, grab the other magic characters. They're up to nothing. Give me the team teased at the end of Damnation. Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
If you spent a day with me, you'd be like "pleeeeeease shut the fuck up before I kill you or myself".
Very unlikely. I've had a number of friends who thought they were very obnoxious, or tried to be obnoxious, and I just found them to be endearing/fun.

Stubbornness does bug me, though, I have to admit. I find that to be a very frustrating personality trait. Like, people who can't admit they're wrong when given overwhelming evidence, or people who refuse to do something different just because someone asked them to.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
waid.. hey waid, grab the other magic characters. They're up to nothing. Give me the team teased at the end of Damnation. Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it
Isn't there another mephisto event being rumoured

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So Robin's new Code Name, at least potentially, in today's Young Justice is: Drake

If it sticks, I love it!

This is coming from the BC article on the issue, I havent read the issue yet myself. But they also said that in the New 52 continuity, Batman never knew Tim Drake as Robin, just Red Robin. I guess I never noticed that before lol. New 52 made some weird choices...

nsr.gif

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Miles was very good today, kinda didn't expect the reason behind his last name to be the same as mines. Still kinda confused about Ultimatum though.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Robin's new Code Name, at least potentially, in today's Young Justice is: Drake

If it sticks, I love it!

This is coming from the BC article on the issue, I havent read the issue yet myself. But they also said that in the New 52 continuity, Batman never knew Tim Drake as Robin, just Red Robin. I guess I never noticed that before lol. New 52 made some weird choices...
choose your joke:

NO ONE WILL EVER SUSPECT
or

tenor.gif

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
It really shouldn't work, because such a setup is Peak Bendis Bullshit, but each issue has the exact right amount of clues to pour over and wild twists to jump on board with. And this lineup of characters is one that Bendis gets 100%, so it reads like a charm, and Maleev is just being Maleev. It's probably the most fun I've had reading an event in a hot minute.
It's honestly a breath of fresh air after all the action-packed events everywhere

Hahahahahaha! I win!

Porl , please don't take me seriously. I'm very difficult to anger or even bother.
i know

but u made me feel a bit bad :D

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I'll take anything over red robin, but can't they choose another bird name? How about Rook or something?

That whole series convinced me that Rodriguez is the best artist Marvel has on staff.
He is indeed great, now when I think about it I remember the panelling being very unique as well (And some stuff about the plot revolving around Yao). Glad that he's working on HoTMU

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Sword Master remains the least offensive of the translations Marvel is doing.

It's still dumb seeing the name Sword Master when they finally are getting into the history of the three sovereigns and Chiyou. Very real chinese mythology and they're calling him Sword Master.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Honestly I would prefer something like Buzzard, or Kestrel, or something that does not have his goddamn name in it

EDIT: Or Shrike if they want to be more edgy

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damian should have stayed dead but if he has to be around I wish Tynion's end for Tim, driving off into the sunset with Steph while doing some part-time superheroing, was the finale for the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.