• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
I don't have much interest in the FF7 remake. I played the original back in the day and it was decent enough but nothing about it really stuck with me and I never had a desire to play it again like I did the Suikodens.

That said I hope it's successful as hell and leads to more PSX era remakes. A Shining Force 3 remake from Sega for instance would be awesome.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I want this forever. Just, every month, happy batman, snarky alfred, wacky adventures, Batman and Hal not hating the shit out of each other, just them being friends and. The king of Gorilla City being angry at Batman but Batman being too awkward to apologize. Give it to me. I need it.

OKAY WAIT
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT
BENDIS WRITING BATMAN
NICK DERINGTON AND DOC SHANER DRAWING IT

MAKE IT HAPPENNN
THE BATMAN WHO SMILES

I am here for every bit of this. I will buy this book forever if DC gives me the opportunity to. I did miss snarky Alfred this issue, but Bats revealing his love for dinosaurs made up for it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
After a thorough deliberation ive come to the decision that Carlos Pacheco is the best X-Men artist. Wtih Joe Mad, Bachalo, Coipel, and Immonen making up the top 5.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
ASM 29

IURcsiQ.gif

I have thoughts. if this happens and sticks they will be angry thoughts aimed at editorial. if this doesn't happen or doesn't stick they will be angry thoughts aimed at editorial. also lol at "maybe some other day" being the last bit. shade all day. I don't know how to feel tbh. part of me is optimistic because I doubt they'd be covering themselves with gasoline knowing that the fans will throw the match if they pull the rug out but then the other part of me thinks about all the other bullshit. they tried to undo the marriage immediately. then they actually put their foot down. shit, slott had to take bullets behind the scenes for them to even consider doing an alternate universe mini series with the marriage. my cynical view is that maybe they get engaged and then they're just engaged for however long the writers want them engaged for and then he goes back to single. it would be the most Marvel thing ever to pick a decade old scab just to pour acid on it. also Nick Spencer's dialogue for May was great.

Marvel is definitely living dangerously, there are three things that explain it to me though

1. Different people are in charge (Lowe, Yoshida) though I know Slott said it's even above that? We'll probably never really know.
2. Marvel has young Spider-people in Miles and Gwen that young people can relate to that are now mainstream thanks to the movies/games/shows. Big difference from even 2015 with RYV.
3. The immensely positive reception to getting them back together has them questioning their decisions over the last decade.

Fucking hell Yoshida out there cooking up a Mephisto event while this is going on? Dude's dreaming of the piles of money they're going to make off of it.

Going from Spencer thinking that there was an editorial ban on them being together when he started to this is pretty crazy though.

There's no way Spencer's long-term plan doesn't involve OMD at this point though. Like we know the hints were there but this issue might as well confirm it. Especially when you consider that
Kindred might have foreseen this and deliberately acted to split them up.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel is definitely living dangerously, there are three things that explain it to me though

1. Different people are in charge (Lowe, Yoshida) though I know Slott said it's even above that? We'll probably never really know.
2. Marvel has young Spider-people in Miles and Gwen that young people can relate to that are now mainstream thanks to the movies/games/shows. Big difference from even 2015 with RYV.
3. The immensely positive reception to getting them back together has them questioning their decisions over the last decade.

Fucking hell Yoshida out there cooking up a Mephisto event while this is going on? Dude's dreaming of the piles of money they're going to make off of it.

Going from Spencer thinking that there was an editorial ban on them being together when he started to this is pretty crazy though.

There's no way Spencer's long-term plan doesn't involve OMD at this point though. Like we know the hints were there but this issue might as well confirm it. Especially when you consider that
Kindred might have foreseen this and deliberately acted to split them up.

OMD for sure, I think slott even mentioned that OMD was on the table in terms of getting dealt with and that Pete and MJ could be in a relationship. it's just the marriage and apparently it doesn't matter who's writing, who the editor is, what they want to happen, etc. said it goes all the way up the ladder as a brand management type thing and he included Disney. I don't know, I'm here for it and am obviously gonna read it regardless but history has told me to stay cynical. and it's one of those things where if they don't because they can't then just have them date and have it be unspoken. I figured that's what Spencer was doing, writing them as "married" but not actually married. they are playing with powerful forces

sven

Oct 31, 2017
After a thorough deliberation ive come to the decision that Carlos Pacheco is the best X-Men artist. Wtih Joe Mad, Bachalo, Coipel, and Immonen making up the top 5.

I don't think I've read any of Pacheco's work yet but I like what I see from a quick Google search.

I'm not much of an artist guy myself but Larraz is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
When I woke up today I found a dead Yellow Jacket on my bedroom floor. This is like waking up and finding that you're sharing a bed with a horse head. Pray for me.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
i read it as Batman University and now i can't stop thinking about it

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've read any of Pacheco's work yet but I like what I see from a quick Google search.

I'm not much of an artist guy myself but Larraz is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.
Yea Larraz is probably Marvel's best artist atm, or at least one of them.

Pacheco is on late 90s books, like after Onslaught. He still does stuff here and there but I think he has lost some of his style that made it so great.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Social media being Batgirl's downfall is cool, but I already read this in Ms. Marvel with less getting drunk and dating older men

Also Marvel is livestreaming Marvel's Spider-Man on YouTube. The cartoon. I guess they do this kind of thing.
it gave Black Manta a goddamn mech
tumblr_p2hc478dkW1rntxqeo5_500.gif

everytime i want to start Event Leviathan i'm always like - i should read Percy Green Arrow first, and 52 to figure out what The Question's deal is
Just do what I did and watch Justice League Unlimited 6 times over the course of your life

Huh

That time of year again

b8fa2c05c1ac08e54d3bd0f54f846df4ecde6d5b_hq.gif

see ya after class, toolsters!
Aw geez, we're toast

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Social media being Batgirl's downfall is cool, but I already read this in Ms. Marvel with less getting drunk and dating older men

Also Marvel is livestreaming Marvel's Spider-Man on YouTube. The cartoon. I guess they do this kind of thing.

tumblr_p2hc478dkW1rntxqeo5_500.gif

Just do what I did and watch Justice League Unlimited 6 times over the course of your life

Huh

That time of year again

b8fa2c05c1ac08e54d3bd0f54f846df4ecde6d5b_hq.gif

Aw geez, we're toast

wow that's nuts - i literally downloaded the first two episodes of this to my phone THIS MORNING.

iTunes had a sale.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
OMD for sure, I think slott even mentioned that OMD was on the table in terms of getting dealt with and that Pete and MJ could be in a relationship. it's just the marriage and apparently it doesn't matter who's writing, who the editor is, what they want to happen, etc. said it goes all the way up the ladder as a brand management type thing and he included Disney. I don't know, I'm here for it and am obviously gonna read it regardless but history has told me to stay cynical. and it's one of those things where if they don't because they can't then just have them date and have it be unspoken. I figured that's what Spencer was doing, writing them as "married" but not actually married. they are playing with powerful forces

their stance on the marriage is completely incomprehensible at this point in time tbh. They can't get married again, but apparently it's fine to print marriage-era omnis, make jokes or references to the marriage (see the last issue of Spidey/Deadpool), and to celebrate the reunion in #1 Marvel gave away the goddamn "Mary Jane says yes to the proposal" issue and the wedding annual for free on CMX. And dealing with OMD means that there has to be in-universe acknowledgement that Peter Parker and MJ were married at some point, even if it's been erased from the main Marvel timeline.

So who really knows. I'll knock on Slott all day (especially everything after 2014) but it seems that RYV made them reverse their stance for whatever reason.

I'd like to see them married, partially because I don't care about other love interests and partially because holy shit, she's okay with him missing her flight to LA literally no other potential love interest could compete with that. But as long as OMD/OMIT get addressed for the trash they are I'm fine. If we get emotional punches like "your (probably) dying aunt that told you to propose to her is the same one you sacrificed your marriage for in the first place" it's even better.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
their stance on the marriage is completely incomprehensible at this point in time tbh. They can't get married again, but apparently it's fine to print marriage-era omnis, make jokes or references to the marriage (see the last issue of Spidey/Deadpool), and to celebrate the reunion in #1 Marvel gave away the goddamn "Mary Jane says yes to the proposal" issue and the wedding annual for free on CMX. And dealing with OMD means that there has to be in-universe acknowledgement that Peter Parker and MJ were married at some point, even if it's been erased from the main Marvel timeline.

So who really knows. I'll knock on Slott all day (especially everything after 2014) but it seems that RYV made them reverse their stance for whatever reason.

I'd like to see them married, partially because I don't care about other love interests and partially because holy shit, she's okay with him missing her flight to LA literally no other potential love interest could compete with that. But as long as OMD/OMIT get addressed for the trash they are I'm fine. If we get emotional punches like "your (probably) dying aunt that told you to propose to her is the same one you sacrificed your marriage for in the first place" it's even better.

we'll see but none of that contradicts their stance because, well, :points at literally everything spidey since the marriage ended:

they can make jokes, they can make bank off legacy books but the ring hasn't been on her finger in over a decade and that's the only line in the sand that they set

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Yea Larraz is probably Marvel's best artist atm, or at least one of them.

Pacheco is on late 90s books, like after Onslaught. He still does stuff here and there but I think he has lost some of his style that made it so great.

Cool at some point I'm going to go back and read 90's X-Men the same way I've been reading 2000's X-Men. I definitely need to revisit The Phalanx Covenant since it is universally regarded as the greatest X-Men story of all time.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Cool at some point I'm going to go back and read 90's X-Men the same way I've been reading 2000's X-Men. I definitely need to revisit The Phalanx Covenant since it is universally regarded as the greatest X-Men story of all time.
I dunno about that. I wouldnt set your expectations super high with Phalanx Covenant. Its comprised of 3 separate stories in one larger crossover, and the only one I actually enjoyed was the first one, Generation Next, which sets up the characters that become Generation X.

But even then, I wouldnt call it one of the greatest X-Men stories of all time. Operation Zero Tolerance is much much better, but I still dont think it can be labeled as such lol.

sven

Oct 31, 2017

HA! I know it's not that great but I do love it so.

I dunno about that. I wouldnt set your expectations super high with Phalanx Covenant. Its comprised of 3 separate stories in one larger crossover, and the only one I actually enjoyed was the first one, Generation Next, which sets up the characters that become Generation X.

That is really the only part of it I remember. It was Blink's first appearance after all.

My expectations will be quite low for that entire read-thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.