• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All of the 2099 creative teams look pretty good actually. I love me some Doom 2099, that's for sure...

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
those foil covers tho..
If we're talking about cool gimmick covers, Wolverine #50 had a sliced cover that was dope.

17309363_10102254160745703_2386899626403972446_n.jpg.c96997cf814d8920b065f77f537358b0.jpg

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone read inferior 5?

Yep! Aside from Giffen's art looking a little rough these days, the story was good. One thing to note (and I dunno how well DC advertised this) is it's set immediately after Invasion, so this is 80s DC continuity. The first issue was established the world and mystery, both in the main book and in Lemire's excellent Peacemaker back up. Lemire's art in the backups is great, some of the best I've seen from him in awhile.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
So we could talk about it but not actually buy it? Weird business model.
The first issue is all but guaranteed to sell better than the last issue of the previous volume.

Even someone who tried the series once and dropped it might go "hmm, new status quo, let me see what that's about" and try it again.

And then drop it again, of course, because it's a c-c-comic book. *spits*

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
You poor soul. Allow me to enlighten you.

pQQ4pSX.jpg

giphy.gif

The first issue is all but guaranteed to sell better than the last issue of the previous volume.

Even someone who tried the series once and dropped it might go "hmm, new status quo, let me see what that's about" and try it again.

And then drop it again, of course, because it's a c-c-comic book. *spits*
Well, sales usually drop 50% between issue #1 and 2.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I pulled good books and they are almost all gone for Akirasan fan wank.

Runaways is left. Ms. Marvel is now staying because the show.

Deleted member 59339

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Aug 19, 2019
I just found a tiny little airplane bottle of rum in my desk.

Not enough to get me drunk enough to read the A.A. Jabrams comic.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Yoshida considers himself the "fan's" EiC. This is from a Newsarama (I think) interview a few days ago? Which explains a lot of his moves.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Akira-san is there to entertain an audience of one. Just like Vince McMahon. Comics = wrestling.
Nah, it's clear he's doing things that dumb comic fans love cause they're dumb comic things. Akira has never shown even the slightest interest in Carnage.

If he was EiCing for one. You'd just have walls upon walls of Magik, Karma and Runaways.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Random post HoX #5 thought

When they grow new clones of Wolverine what happens with the adamantium
? 🤔

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
honestly Yoshida viewing himself as that would explain why ASM is going in the trajectory it's going, especially #29

Guess what survived the purge?

attachment.php

JSC: I am inevitable.

it makes me laugh seeing uh, KwannonPsylocke there. they finally made Betsy white again but you just know KwannonPsylocke is going to be the one that gets all the promotion.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I'mma be real with you, guy.

If Akira didn't love Runaways as much as he does. That book woulda been dead 15 issues ago.
It's his baby, of course he's keeping it going but I get the feeling since the AoA Marvel stuff started becoming hits here, it's only a matter of time for he pulls a I DON'T LIKE YOU ANYMORE.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
It's his baby, of course he's keeping it going but I get the feeling since the AoA Marvel stuff started becoming hits here, it's only a matter of time for he pulls a I DON'T LIKE YOU ANYMORE.
If he was going to do that, he'd have done it months back. Runaways are still getting books, even when they sell what? 5 copies?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
they've cancelled and reupped books regardless of what's airing in conjunction with them.

And Runaways keeps going cause Yoshida can get away with going "Cult hit" and he can't do that with his dream book "Magik and Mirage are the best, fuck those other losers, look at those cool girls go."

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Then again, Daredevil is still going and his show got axed, same with Cloak and Dagger having a series but no book.

Marvel aren't going to cancel freakin' Daredevil! The absolute worst that happens to a book like that is it ends up in a cycle of relaunches like what happened with Captain Marvel between DeConnick and Thompson.

Status
Not open for further replies.