• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I miss liking The Shield. I miss not hating Roman Reigns. It's k tho the actually fun one is at AEW now lol
Luke Harper is wholesome

72ac3b00165a35853ad102a4ef110cb9--luke.jpg

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
How has Avengers been lately? I stopped reading after the Vampire arc, which was actually pretty great. Honestly im surprised to see Ed McGuniess is still doing art on the book. Might start reading again just for him lol.

And, regarding the X-Men villains, Im all for them having Humans and these new Orchid people being the primary villains, along side some sentient AI/machines.
Great, although because of War of the Realms they haven't done anything with the 1,000,000 BC stuff in a while. Currently they're doing Challenge of the Ghost Riders. Mephisto is doing big manipulative shit with Coulson's Squadron Supreme and coming for the King of Hell.

It's great. Big pieces moving and I can't wait to see where it goes.

Some big foreshadowed arcs with Khonshou and Starbrand and Phoenix and other stuff.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
speaking of Mephisto, the dude is showing in 2 more books in December

I wonder if he'll show up in Incoming or Marvel will keep stringing this out even longer

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Iron Man/Tony Stark might actually be the dead body in Incoming lol.

And also, the House of X/Powers of X OHC got an extra 100 pages, and jumped up in price by $10. Now its $60 for 400 pages.

I'm about to stop reading a LOT of comics if that's the case. I'm fed up with them doing ideas they JUST did 3 years ago.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
THERE'S A DEMO OF NEO CAB UP IN THE NA SWITCH ESHOP FINALLY

AAAAAHHHHHHH

IT IS FINALLY COMING OUT

AAAHHHHHHHH OCTOBER 3RD

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit you people read comics digitally?

I get my screencaps off of twitter, I can't believe you unironically do this.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, y'all. Image solicitations are up and...

PROJECT X-MAS #1
WRITER: Mark Millar
COVER B / COVER C: Frank Quitely

DECEMBER 18 / 32 pages / FC/ M / $3.99

MARK MILLAR and Netflix have teamed up to give you the perfect Christmas gift—the sequel to one of the most beloved Millarworld projects since the dawn of time. The twist is that you don't know what it is, and like all good gifts, you're in for a nice surprise when you open the delivery boxes on December 18th. Can you guess what Santa's going to bring you??

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember the days when I could pick up floppies off spinner racks in all kinds of stores

now I've gotta brave actual comic book shops for my fix

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
for fellow hardcover hunters... here's hoping Remender reprints Vol.2 before Vol. 3 hits.

BLACK SCIENCE PREMIERE, VOL. 3: A BRIEF MOMENT OF CLARITY HC
APRIL 29 / 400 pages / FC/ M / $49.99

POSTAL: BOOK ONE HC
APRIL 22 / 680 pages / FC/ M / $59.99

THE WICKED + THE DIVINE, BOOK FOUR HC
MARCH 11 / 504 pages / FC/ M / $64.99

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, y'all. Image solicitations are up and...

PROJECT X-MAS #1
WRITER: Mark Millar
COVER B / COVER C: Frank Quitely

DECEMBER 18 / 32 pages / FC/ M / $3.99

MARK MILLAR and Netflix have teamed up to give you the perfect Christmas gift—the sequel to one of the most beloved Millarworld projects since the dawn of time. The twist is that you don't know what it is, and like all good gifts, you're in for a nice surprise when you open the delivery boxes on December 18th. Can you guess what Santa's going to bring you??
Nothing big for me. Was Trees always a five-issue mini? Or was it initially three? Or maybe I thought it was three because it's called three fates and I confused the title with the size of the run?

Interested to check out SFSX #1 next week, though.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the shop I used to go to in charleston was really cool. the owner there was chill, would shoot the shit, answer questions, give actual recommendations meaning he'd actually tell me to pass on stuff instead of always going for a sale, not gate keeper-y at all.

the two shops I've got in charlotte are fine but one is a hipster haven (they do a great comic con though) and the other is mainly there for card games

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty surprised the solicit for Paper Girls DLX Vol. 3 wasn't put out, either.

Aine

May 27, 2019
the shop I used to go to in charleston was really cool. the owner there was chill, would shoot the shit, answer questions, give actual recommendations meaning he'd actually tell me to pass on stuff instead of always going for a sale, not gate keeper-y at all.

the two shops I've got in charlotte are fine but one is a hipster haven (they do a great comic con though) and the other is mainly there for card games

Biggest one in my area is Hipster Central. Never really fit in there. The one close by me is smaller, but tons more friendly. The owner and I are decent friends.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017

Heroes Con rules

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
When Marvel decided to bring Harry Osborn back, why did they turn him into a rich playboy for like ~50 issues or whatever? What was the point of that?

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And so 2019 is confirmed 100% Saga-less. A tragedy.
At this point, they've gotta just be letting Staples getting a running start on art, ya? At least, I hope. Worrisome if otherwise. Both BKV and Staples have been AWOL though, so I think they're working on it.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
December is going to be my biggest month in quite a while.

Here are is what I'll be buying....

ANNIHILATION - SCOURGE: NOVA #1
ANNIHILATION - SCOURGE: SILVER SURFER #1
ANNIHILATION - SCOURGE: BETA RAY BILL #1
ANNIHILATION - SCOURGE: FANTASTIC FOUR #1
‪X-Men #3‬
‪X-Men #4‬
‪New Mutants #3‬
‪New Mutants #4‬
‪Fallen Angels #3‬
‪Fallen Angels #4‬
‪X-Force #3‬
‪X-Force #4‬
‪Excalibur #3‬
‪Excalibur #4‬
‪Marauders #3‬
‪Marauders #4‬

‪Deadly Class #43‬
‪Farmhand #12‬
‪Manifest Destiny #39‬
‪The Old Guard: Force Multiplied #1‬
‪The Weatherman Vol 2 #6‬
‪Undiscovered Country #2‬

sven

Oct 31, 2017
At this point, they've gotta just be letting Staples getting a running start on art, ya? At least, I hope. Worrisome if otherwise. Both BKV and Staples have been AWOL though, so I think they're working on it.

Why worry at all? They aren't going to leave a book that sells as well as Saga on the shelf forever. With the TWD now finished Saga is Image's best seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.