• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

- Looks like the Nevers might be this years HBO show to watch, but definitely next year will be a good one for HBO.

Even though the good stuff is going to be on Max from now on rather than the HBO channel probably.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Except for Curb, not much for me. Also, was that Kate Winslet I saw for some show? Feels like I haven't seen her in anything for ages.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Have they started shooting Succession yet? I guess that is the one most look forward to.

I wonder if The Nevers is DOA. And no word on a third season of My Brilliant Friend?

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know they were doing a documentary series about Gareth McNamarra. I've witnissed these waves in Nazaré Portugal myself multiple times and it has fascinated me ever since that some people are crazy enough to try (and succeed) to surf them.

Jul 4, 2019
Disappointed to see no Barry, My Brilliant Friend, Righteous Gemstones, or Euphoria. If those all come out in 2022, then that will be a pretty big year for HBO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoy watching the yearly hbo trailer, seeing a glimpse of GOT was a highlight

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Succession might not even make it this year, I think they only started filming last week.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Seeme a bit too heavy on drama. Nothing really stands out but the docs look intersting,

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Was hoping for a Euphoria type special with Succession to tide me over but it might not make sense for the story they want to tell.

No I think they got the bulk of their filming done before 'Rona and are resuming filming to finish up.

I don't think that's true actually. I was listening to an interview with Sarah Snook last year, and she said that they were gearing up to start filming in March. She was back home in Australia and then everything shut down.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know both Succession and Curb were planned for this year - nice. Succession I kind of expected but the timeline for Curb is always unpredictable. Excellent news - Larry taking on the pandemic should be superb material if he decides to.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Is this everything or just select shows? Not seeing Euphoria is really surprising considering they had started table reads when the pandemic struck last year.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
They are bringing back In Treatment? That was one of my favorite shows. No Gabriel Burn though.

giphy.gif

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Excited for curb, succession and more how to with John Wilson. Some of the scenes and people in S1 of JW were pretty crazy.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't expecting that Scenes from a Marriage series out this year. The original is perfect and I'm wary of any kind of remake, and just those clips already felt overly dramatized, BUT I might still check out for Isaac and Chastain alone.

Didn't see Perry Mason S2... wonder if they are going to ice that one
It was renewed but I don't think it has started filming yet, so it will probably skip this year.

And another year without Barry... goddamn, that's gonna be a 3 year wait between S2 and 3!

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sparse lineup tbh, especially when you consider some of this (like Succession) still may not make this year. Next year will be better though. And it should be better on the Max originals front.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017