• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Virtuos confirmed:

dG7gwN9.png

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I stared to play Craftopia on Series X and noticed it offers all the custom graphic settings of the PC version.... I don't think they changed anything at all. It even says "requires high spec PC" for high settins.

image0.png

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
nuclear throne is one of the best roguelikes ever. fast-paced, no vertical progression (only unlocking different characters), brutally difficult

however if you prefer your games to throw a lot of unlocks at you to make it easier on you, look elsewhere

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I have never come across this take before, lol.

XV post patch and VIIR are a good time, I would even say great if we're being specific about 7R.

Haha, guess I have a spicy take then. I think I enjoyed XIII's combat the most and despite all the issues I think it had the most endearing cast of characters of the 3. VIIR didn't live up to the spirit of the original for me and XV I just flat out did not like.

I know 7R is generally highly regarded so I'm in the minority there.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Haha, guess I have a spicy take then. I think I enjoyed XIII's combat the most and despite all the issues I think it had the most endearing cast of characters of the 3. VIIR didn't live up to the spirit of the original for me and XV I just flat out did not like.

I know 7R is generally highly regarded so I'm in the minority there.
Spicy? Your take is charcoaled :p

If you've got a reason, you've got a reason. On the flip side, despite some of its shortcomings, I actually enjoyed XV enough to go for a platinum trophy. I plan to do the same for VIIR once I get a PS5, can't be revisiting those shoddy door textures, lol.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I have this BIZARRE urge to revisit it and see if it's still the same thing I hate, all these years later. This is my chance, I guess.

Maybe I'll…fuckin love it this time, after a decade of growth and reflection? Lol

Also, I've often heard how much of a solid glow-up it got via Xbox BC, which I assume the Series X Game Pass version would have?

Yeah, it is the best version of the game right now as it stands.

If you do return to it, just go in remembering that the game is expecting you to keep belting through. So all the traditional FF stuff you are used to - grindable foes for items, area searching, maxing the ability spheres - don't do, as you'll find it really fatiguing and frustrating. At "the point of the game where it all changes", it suddenly throws LOADS of that in your lap and much more effectively, and *that* is the part of the game where you can poot about, grinding, doing stuff.

And yeah, you kind of have to endure the battle structure until you get to the crystal lake. The story dictates the gameplay a little too much there, by insisting you cannot paradigm until that point. So just get your head down.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it is the best version of the game right now as it stands.

If you do return to it, just go in remembering that the game is expecting you to keep belting through. So all the traditional FF stuff you are used to - grindable foes for items, area searching, maxing the ability spheres - don't do, as you'll find it really fatiguing and frustrating. At "the point of the game where it all changes", it suddenly throws LOADS of that in your lap and much more effectively, and *that* is the part of the game where you can poot about, grinding, doing stuff.

And yeah, you kind of have to endure the battle structure until you get to the crystal lake. The story dictates the gameplay a little too much there, by insisting you cannot paradigm until that point. So just get your head down.

Oh I know. I forced myself through it and beat it. I remember. Haha.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Signs of the Sojourner is short and innovative
I'm not sure I care to replay for different endings, but the mechanics gradually introduced were very moving and smart to reflect communication with other people

Highly recommend anyone to try it

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
The number of people saying 'I HATED FFXIII when I played and completed it years ago... But Imma try it again and see what happens.' is *really* fucking funny to me.

Final Fantasy just hits different.