• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The Touryst looks gorgeous on One X. So clean. Art style is drop dead beautiful.

A treat.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
PSA: The Touryst is a disappointing and lazy port which doesn't support high freshrate, does not offer in game options to cap framerate, and its game speed is tied to framerate, so if you are using a high refresh rate monitor you will have to set your primary monitor to 60Hz to play the game properly, and since it's UWP you wont be able to cap the framerate to 60 with RTSS.

Aww :( was looking forward to trying it at beyond 60fps, not much can be done if game logic is tied to frame rate alas

If you're on a GTX/RTX card, it may be worth trying the fps limiter on the NVidia Control panel, you can set that per game. Hopefully works with UWP titles

Bluforce

Oct 27, 2017
PSA: The Touryst is a disappointing and lazy port which doesn't support high freshrate, does not offer in game options to cap framerate, and its game speed is tied to framerate, so if you are using a high refresh rate monitor you will have to set your primary monitor to 60Hz to play the game properly, and since it's UWP you wont be able to cap the framerate to 60 with RTSS.
AMD drivers doesn't even find the game, and you can't add it manually, because, you know, WindowApps.

But I went from this:

To this:

I just choose the 4K resolution and AntiAliasing ON, so my GPU render 55-65fps and The Touryst became playable.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Downloading The Touryst now, had previously never heard of it and was blown away by this artstyle.
Gonna be a good long weekend with so many good indies.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
That's very disappointing. I was planning on playing it this weekend.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Something is really up with The Touryst's PC port. My GTX 1080 should not be struggling to run a Switch game at 4K 60 FPS.
Granted, I don't actually have a 4K monitor, and it runs well at 1440p, albeit while using a lot more of my GPU than I was expecting. Oh well, might as well enjoy it.
EDIT: Turns out AA is really expensive. Must be multisampling. Surprised any game nowadays is using that.
I am a bit concerned that it's only on the Windows Store, not on Steam. Tetris Effect was saying it'd be Windows Store exclusive too. Microsoft, whyyy.
Aww :( was looking forward to trying it at beyond 60fps, not much can be done if game logic is tied to frame rate alas

If you're on a GTX/RTX card, it may be worth trying the fps limiter on the NVidia Control panel, you can set that per game. Hopefully works with UWP titles
This worked for me.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
KI is the only other time I've seen a similar framerate issue as Touryst on PC GP. This one might be great 75 hz, only slightly faster and it doesn't seem like a game that requires precision input.
Or it's a platformer and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
You CAN cap it with RTSS like for other UWP games... both using the Global profile or by add the game as a separate profile by holding CTRL before pressing the "Add" button so RTSS can see all the .exe in execution and you can add it from there (just discovered this trick on Reddit, super cool).

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
You CAN cap it with RTSS like for other UWP games... both using the Global profile or by add the game as a separate profile by holding CTRL before pressing the "Add" button so RTSS can see all the .exe in execution and you can add it from there (just discovered this trick on Reddit, super cool).
This is news to me, thanks!

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
As I'm only hearing good things from The Touryst, I'm checking that out now.

Add this to the long list of games I wouldn't have even thought about trying without Game Pass being a thing.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
This is a game changer!

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
As I'm only hearing good things from The Touryst, I'm checking that out now.

Add this to the long list of games I wouldn't have even thought about trying without Game Pass being a thing.

Really interesting game. I played it on Switch but I just prefer the Xbox controller and steadier graphics so I'll be giving it a go tonight.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It's Forager a "forever" game (like Minecraft, Terraria) or it has a end?

Really happy that The Touryst is here.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Carrion was great and was a pretty easy 1000 GS. Picking up Grounded and The Touryst next, and already put a lot of time into Neon Abyss. July was an amazing month for Game Pass.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I grabbed Touryst, it looks ok and achievements aren't bad either :3

And of course Kiwami 2, can't wait to dive in this weekend

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
can you explain more about RTSS? Im pretty new to PC gaming so i dont know the terms, and i can't even open the game on Game Pass PC because of my 144hz

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
No p
can you explain more about RTSS? Im pretty new to PC gaming so i dont know the terms, and i can't even open the game on Game Pass PC because of my 144hz
This is RTSS:
www.guru3d.com

Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server Download 7.3.6 Final

Here you can download RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server. This is the official homepage for Rivatuner. Initially designed as a small helper application for RivaTuner graphics card utility, RivaTuner Statistics Server became de-facto framerate monitoring, On-Screen Display and high-performance...

And it's basically a program for monitoring performances and cap the framerate. It can do a lot of other stuff too so read the Guru page for more info.
Someone wanted to use it on The Touryst so to launch the game anyway at 144HZ and then cap it at 60HZ.
You can do that but only if you have a Gsync monitor otherwise you will have some minor stuttering since the image isn't synced with the monitor HZ.
Honestly I've tried with Gsync at 144hz and capped to 60hz with RTSS and still the image isn't flawless.
In those cases, with games hardcoded at 60HZ, isn't really worth going in that route if you want a perfect panning when moving around, just change the monitor HZ to 60 before starting the game, you can do that in the Nvidia control panel:

NVIDIA-control-panel-refresh-rate-change.png

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Tried to play The Touryst with Game Pass but it has terrible slowdowns on my notebook don't know why, I know next to nothing to PC gaming but I exceed the req by quite a margin. I have a GTX1050 and 8gb of ram, it should run ok, right?

Edit: Well, Sea of Thieves seems to work pretty well so it must be some Touryst thing.

Last edited: