• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_templates_8.3.2021_3.jpg

news.xbox.com

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Hades, Skate, Curse of the Dead Gods, and More - Xbox Wire

Get your mouse, touch screens, or controllers ready for some scrolling! We have a big list of games coming soon to Xbox Game Pass, featuring some dead gods, some not-so-dead gods, driving and skating, and more. Let’s jump in! Coming Soon Curse of the Dead Gods (Cloud, Console, and PC) – August...

Leaving Soon:
Time to give these games a proper farewell before they leave the Xbox Game Pass library! Remember to use your membership discount to save up to 20% off these games if you want to purchase and keep gaming!

Leaving August 8
  • Grand Theft Auto V (Cloud and Console)
Leaving August 15
  • Ape Out (PC)
  • Crossing Souls (PC)
  • Darksiders Genesis (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Don't Starve (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Final Fantasy VII (Console and PC)
  • Train Sim World 2020 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Microsoft Solitaire Collection wasn't on my Game Pass bingo I'll tell you that.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
katamari is cool as hell and lumines could be interesting, hopefully im into this one unlike tetris effect

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Getting Hades on PS for the trophies. So outside of that. Yet another meh month for me personally. Will see what batch 2 has in store.

OP
OP
gabegabe

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
I always wondered why only Skate 3 was available on EA Play. I'm glad the first one is coming, I hope they also put Skate 2 in the next months, that's the one I really wanted to replay.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Exited for Katamari!

But meh for Hades cause it has no cross save support and what do I want with Skate when Skate 3 has a 4K patch?

Right

Nov 24, 2017
lol solitaire was not in gamepass?
Maybe one day we'll get a proper pinball game developed for windows 10

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
SKATE YES

(I have this game on everything, but this way more people will see the light on two of the best games of that generation)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Concern Trolling; Thread Derail Over a Series of Posts
Maaan I hope indies are getting something out of being on Game Pass. When I think of a game like Dodgeball Academia it just makes me think of a starry eyed indie dev getting swindled.

I get the idea of "play free game, new game comes out, buy new game", I'm just wondering if that's how it's shaken out.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Woo solitaire :P

That's an alright drop especially with Codemasters joining EA Play.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
EA Play games coming August 10th:

- Dirt 4;
- Dirt Rally;
- Dirty Rally 2.0;
- F1 2020;
- GRID.

Where's Dizzy though

the-fantastic-adventures-of-dizzy--14665.jpg

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Dirt 4, Grid, F1 2000, Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0 are coming to EA Play/Game Pass Ultimate from August 10th.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Maaan I hope indies are getting something out of being on Game Pass. When I think of a game like Dodgeball Academia it just makes me think of a starry eyed indie dev getting swindled.

I get the idea of "play free game, new game comes out, buy new game", I'm just wondering if that's how it's shaken out.

The game is also on other plattforms.

Jul 26, 2018
Never played a katamari game but I've been kinda curious, if anything cause it's one of those games that get hyped in the Era bubble (which I must be honest doesn't represent my taste but whatev). Might give it a try, if NMS would kindly give me some space here

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

swindled lmao
you think microsoft is putting the games on gp without telling the devs or something

all the reports of indie games on gp so far have been overwhelmingly positive

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
I'm going to finally play Hades.

More Codemaster games are also being added next week for GPU/EA Play

Dirt 4
Dirt Rally 2.0
F1 2020
Grid

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Oh neat, Starmancer is a fun little RimWorld/Dwarf Fortress type game. Being on Gamepass at its Early Access launch is a good get for them.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Are you kidding me? That indie dev is probably making more than they ever would've dreamed of making if they didn't get that Game Pass deal.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing Skate 2, the best Skate, is stuck in licensing limbo forever? It's not backwards compatible yet.

Nice to see 1 and 3 though.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've played Hades to death on my Switch but you can be damn sure I'll be playing it to death on my Xbox from the 13th too. 😂

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Most indies appear to be happy with their Game Pass deals. I don't believe there's any evidence of someone being swindled. Anecdotally, I've heard that a Game Pass deal can basically cover the dev cost of a game.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Dare I get addicted to Hades on another platform? Probably.

I definitely want to check out Art of Rally though.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Idk how it's possible to be swindled when you're the one cutting the deal and agreeing to it. Kinda just playing yourself rather than being played if it on came to that.

Anyway, I have Hades on PC so I'll prob check out art of rally and katamari